Split off from another conversation

Hurlshort

3 hours ago, Deadly_Nightshade said:

Oh my God he was drunk and took some women to a room and when they said no he left them be....**** this industry and **** the **** that are bending the knee to these lunatics. Why the **** is a private adult interaction that ended in a mutual agreement enough to kick a man out of his job. I get the sense that this is going to stick with me and when the pendulum swings the other way, despite my better nature I'm going to let my resentment get the better of me.
For now I think I'm not interested in this game anymore and I will cancel my pre order. The low quality I could stand since the first game was a flawed gem, but the pandering just gets to me.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

31 minutes ago, Orogun01 said:

Oh my God he was drunk and took some women to a room and when they said no he left them be....**** this industry and **** the **** that are bending the knee to these lunatics. Why the **** is a private adult interaction that ended in a mutual agreement enough to kick a man out of his job. I get the sense that this is going to stick with me and when the pendulum swings the other way, despite my better nature I'm going to let my resentment get the better of me.
For now I think I'm not interested in this game anymore and I will cancel my pre order. The low quality I could stand since the first game was a flawed gem, but the pandering just gets to me.

I would have agreed if it was a one off thing, getting a (underage looking at the time) girl  dead drunk and try to get into her pants (there was no mutual agreement to stop, not sure where you picked up that, maybe from one of the user comments who made it up). But it seems it (sexual harassment) was a pattern over several years and not a unique thing.

Sounds not unlike the Harvey Weinstein stuff... which may be why companies want to distance themselves a bit.

But, like so many other things, it would be nicer if processed in a courtroom, with processes and proceeds,  than the internet judge, jury and executioners on forums. False allegations have happened before. A better overview of all the details is required to form an, well, an informed opinion.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

32 minutes ago, Orogun01 said:

That seems like an overreaction to a response that you seem to feel is an overreaction.:ermm:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gorth said:

I would have agreed if it was a one off thing, getting a (underage looking at the time) girl  dead drunk and try to get into her pants (there was no mutual agreement to stop, not sure where you picked up that, maybe from one of the user comments who made it up). But it seems it (sexual harassment) was a pattern over several years and not a unique thing.

Sounds not unlike the Harvey Weinstein stuff... which may be why companies want to distance themselves a bit.

"Snip"

But, like so many other things, it would be nicer if processed in a courtroom, with processes and proceeds,  than the internet judge, jury and executioners on forums. False allegations have happened before. A better overview of all the details is required to form an, well, an informed opinion.

Did he rape anybody? Are Neotounus people to be consigned to isolation because they look underage?
As far as I can make of it, he had the misfortune of being in conventions where alcohol and overly sensitive people were present. A bad sex proposal is no reason to treat a man like a rapist.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

7 minutes ago, Orogun01 said:

A bad sex proposal is no reason to treat a man like a rapist.

In the US, people convicted of rape face some sort of penalty from the judicial system (this has not happened to MCA). People who sexually harass others (what MCA *has* been accused of) are likely to lose their jobs (which may have happened to MCA in at least one case). People who gain a reputation of sexual harassment (again, what MCA *has* been accused of) are likely to find employers willing to work with them (this *has* happened to MCA).

As stated by others above, you are blowing things out of proportion while arguing that others are blowing things out of proportion.

• Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

30 minutes ago, Orogun01 said:

Did he rape anybody? Are Neotounus people to be consigned to isolation because they look underage?
As far as I can make of it, he had the misfortune of being in conventions where alcohol and overly sensitive people were present. A bad sex proposal is no reason to treat a man like a rapist.

Nobody (except you so far) brought up 'rape' here.  Sexual harassment has been alleged. Using his industry position for the purpose has been alleged. But it sounds like you've already declared the alleged victims (plural) guilty. Victim blaming is not an uncommon response in third world countries. I would prefer to know more facts before passing judgement (public or privately)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

There was a mutual agreement to stop. She said so herself. "When I asked Chris about it, he told me that I had eventually refused him. When more of the night came back to me, I realized the ONLY reason I was able to refuse him in my blackout stupor was because I was on my period that weekend."

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

5 minutes ago, kirottu said:

There was a mutual agreement to stop. She said so herself. "When I asked Chris about it, he told me that I had eventually refused him. When more of the night came back to me, I realized the ONLY reason I was able to refuse him in my blackout stupor was because I was on my period that weekend."

Did you listen to what you just wrote? The only one who said anything about having refused him was Chris. Oh yeah, and because she was having her period, which may have had something to do with it. There was no mutual agreement to "stop" (more likely Chris got turned off by the idea of sex with a girl having her period, no matter how horny he was and how passed out she was)

• Gorth locked this topic

....the already created (and closed) thread on the subject.