I have just finished Beast of Winter DLC and collected all gears set. They look cool as well as their concept. However, I wonder if there is any way to use them effectively ? How do you applied affliction to yourself and still maintain prowess power in battle.

Any idea ?

7 minutes ago, Haplok said:

Forbidden Fist Monk?

I am not sure if Forbidden Curse is categorized as affliction or not.

By the way, I have never played the subclass before. Please feel free to correct me when I misunderstand something.

10 hours ago, dunehunter said:

blunderbuss modal maybe?

was gonna say, streetfighter + beast of winter set sounds very effective with perception afflictions.

i tried it myself, but my streetfighter playstyle was heavily based on flanked and <bloodied health (instead of perception afflictions per se) that it didn't work out as well i'd like (though it was pretty decent). blunderbuss modal would be pretty useful for this, but you'd really have to make sure that it expires before you refresh it if you want to maximize the beast of winter gear payoff (which is actually semi sub-optimal for a streetfighter due to how recovery bonuses have a delayed effect)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ArnoldRimmer said:

You mean afflictions to upgrade the armour/shield? Go to the undercity in the gullet and just stand on the dead bodies for 5 minutes... also the wind in the final map of BoW also applies afflictions I think

Nice. I triggering combat by getting self-Dominated from Wall of Many Colors, then spammed afflictions.

10 hours ago, ArnoldRimmer said:

You mean afflictions to upgrade the armour/shield? Go to the undercity in the gullet and just stand on the dead bodies for 5 minutes... also the wind in the final map of BoW also applies afflictions I think

I am sorry I did not write my question clear enough. I mean the bonuses the wearer / wielder gets during fight. To activate those gears' bonuses, most of them require that the wearer / wielder must be afflicted.

For examples, the Guarding Plate provides +5 to all defenses while you are afflicted.