Ex-Obsidianite Chris Avellone accused of predatory behavior

Boeroer

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

Explicit:

Reveal hidden contents

Yucky yuck person. :x

Ah, yes, two improper messages from seven years ago that were forgiven by the recipient. Let's destroy this man's social life and make sure he never works again! 

There is blood in the water and the outrage mobs a circling like sharks to get their pound of flesh.

• Like 2

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

36 minutes ago, kirottu said:

Let's destroy this man's social life and make sure he never works again! 

Sure, I am against mob justice. Though, yeah, if as reported this has been behaviour he's been known for, then yes, there should be consequences. Not as punishment, but for the good of other employees. Making a public post is not a way those kind of complaints should be reported. However, again and again, those seem to be the only ways of getting things done. 

It's not up to me to discern if it really happened or not. But if that behaviour was his norm, I do think companies should do a research before putting him in a position of influence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kirottu said:

Let's destroy this man's social life and make sure he never works again!

Somewhere between "cancel culture" and "victim blaming" lies a space where people can and should be held accountable for their actions.

It sounds as though MCA is doing a number on himself without anyone else's assistance. It sounds as though the man needs help. It sounds as though these women are due an apology. It's only an either/or proposition if we insist on making it one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

So why is she talking about this now again?

/Edit:

I didn’t bother blowing this up until today due to work being insane all week, but I’ve got the time now.

lol...

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

People will do anything for attention this days. Wonder why Obsidian is jumping on some obscure tweet that got no range whatsoever. Did CA's arguments for Microsoft to fire top management fell on a fertile ground?

166215__front.jpg

1 minute ago, Skarpen said:

People will do anything for attention this days. Wonder why Obsidian is jumping on some obscure tweet that got no range whatsoever. Did CA's arguments for Microsoft to fire top management fell on a fertile ground?

Not sure what you're referring to with "Obsidian". Boeroer is not an Obsidian employee to my knowledge. He posted it here, but given Avellone's profile, the conversation would have been brought up by someone at some point.

Have Obs replied or reacted in some way? Otherwise, please try to refrain from making baseless insinuations.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Thank you to the community for your ongoing care and commitment to Obsidian. I thank all who have contributed to the discussion thus far. The reality of harassment and inappropriate use of power is something we take seriously in our community. For the care of all involved, we will close this discussion for now. If you would like to raise concerns or questions, please PM me.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: