Funny Stuff: The Funny Strikes Back

Amentep

12 hours ago, Orogun01 said:

Cool, I've been struggling with Portuguese. Mostly, I've been wondering why does Portugal even exist and how in the 7 hells they speak a different language even though they were the same country as Spain for ages! Anyways, good luck learning Spanish dear old carioca.

Some people in Spain speak a different language or dialect that looks a lot like Portuguese. Galego, I think. I remember meeting some of them and being perplexed. What was that, something even closer to Portuguese than Spanish? lol

Oh, and before we go off topic:

Screenshot_20200727-132147.png.dfbcaf8ddbb07a3e5ac00cd764cad9c0.png

• Haha 5

sign.jpg

33 minutes ago, Skazz said:

I like paella.

Paella is ok, but Portuguese rice dishes are clearly better.

Generally Spanish food is good, especially if compared no Northern European cuisine. But Portuguese, Italian and French are all better.

• Sad 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

1 hour ago, Pidesco said:

Paella is ok, but Portuguese rice dishes are clearly better.

Generally Spanish food is good, especially if compared no Northern European cuisine. But Portuguese, Italian and French are all better.

Don't you ever dare put those two together again, I will make you eat surströmming on knäckebröd with sourcream for four weeks straight. 😛

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Just now, Azdeus said:

Don't you ever dare put those two together again, I will make you eat surströmming on knäckebröd for four weeks straight. 😛

I've heard enough about surströmming to recognize this as a serious threat. Just FYI.

• Thanks 1

Mmm... Fermented fish with fermented cream on hard bread, yum, delish 🤢

• Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Naw, I'm pretty sure the horse was an authentic North Swede  😄

8 minutes ago, Skazz said:

But... meatballs in Ikea are Swedish, aren't they?

Is my life a lie?

Kind of., but not really. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meatball

Also Swedish meatballs are kind of terrible. Italian ones are much better.

• Thanks 3
  • Hmmm 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

6 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

Some people in Spain speak a different language or dialect that looks a lot like Portuguese. Galego, I think. I remember meeting some of them and being perplexed. What was that, something even closer to Portuguese than Spanish? lol

Oh, and before we go off topic:

Screenshot_20200727-132147.png.dfbcaf8ddbb07a3e5ac00cd764cad9c0.png

Catalan...Honestly I'm surprised that Spain managed to have almost an entire continent speak their language when they couldn't manage to get their country to speak their language.

• Haha 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Whoops, wrong thread.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

19 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

Screenshot_20200727-134709.png.a086474b4ddde7d5dbc2e422df3aee93.png

That's just there for safety for the one above.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra