Funny Stuff: The Funny Strikes Back

Amentep

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

Some of us grew up in countries where AC is something you look up in a dictionary ;)

I've yet to see an appliance that has the controlunit on the outside 😛

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

106603925_4554874467863461_6789672056536

It took me a minute or two to "get" this. But once I did it was worth a chuckle. They were a thing after I was too old for cartoons. Except Simpsons, South Park, and Duckman that is. 

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Sign outside the Chicago Bagel Authority on Belmont Avenue:"

EcFX_XrWoAAiKS9?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"When the jaws open wide and there’s more jaws inside, that’s a Moray"

EcHjKfnWsAAQ6_K?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 3

YFr7wrN.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

^ Fun fact: I actually beat Ninja Gaiden when I was a wee lad. There were a couple of levels in particular that kicked my ass over and over and over again, I think it was 5-2 and 5-3, or something. The damn birds,  ugh (birds and bats are always the friggin worst in games). Ghosts'n Goblins, on the other hand, I never even came remotely close to beating. As an extra bonus, that game pulls a super schlong move at the end (a friend of mine beat it) and is like "sike, not actually the end, go through it again." >_<

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I don't think I ever got off the first level of Ghost 'n Goblins.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

the worst part of GnG is the rng tower of the second level with the ogres, i lost count of how many times the timer ran out while i waited for them to move away from the ladders

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

106277080_2005305989601155_3496404196177

• Haha 6
  • Gasp! 2

-Teknoman2-

5 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Social Justice in a nutshell:

tumblr_o1hwwwDICs1szqwnwo1_1280.jpg

We also love Slowpoke Rodriguez.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

fb_img_1594156163872-jpg.png

• Haha 4
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

-Teknoman2-

fb_img_1594212187532-jpg.png?width=607&h

• Like 3

-Teknoman2-

The shopping cart is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing.

To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognise as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To return the shopping cart is objectively right.

There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart.

Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart.

Therefore the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it.

No one will punish you for not returning the shopping cart, no one will fine you or kill you for not returning the shopping cart, you gain nothing by returning the shopping cart.

You must return the shopping cart out of the goodness of your own heart.

You must return the shopping cart because it is the right thing to do. Because it is correct.

A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with a law and the force that stands behind it.

The Shopping Cart is what determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

[the world has ended. Keith Richards walks the barren wasteland, surveying all that is left. In the distance he notices a lone figure carrying what can only be described as Excalibur]

Keith:  "Oi! Who goes there??"

Betty White: "You knew it would come to this, Keith. Now, draw..."

• Haha 3
  • Gasp! 2

4 minutes ago, Raithe said:

[the world has ended. Keith Richards walks the barren wasteland, surveying all that is left. In the distance he notices a lone figure carrying what can only be described as Excalibur]

My money is on Betty White in this, presumably, Highlander duel. There can be only one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The human body is 60% water. You're more water than anything else.

Even your bones contain it.

Which means: you contain oceans. You contain low tide, high tide, great depths and peculiar shallows.

You also contain one hidden octopus and two vengeful sharks so that's nice.

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Raithe said:

The shopping cart is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing.

Uh, where I live they're chained together and you need a coin or chip to unlock one, so you'd have to return it if you want your stuff back..

Though there's a reason why this restriction was introduced, I'll give you that.

9 hours ago, Raithe said:

I refuse to believe Elizabeth II won't still be out there somewhere.

• Like 2