Funny Stuff: The Funny Strikes Back

Amentep

18 minutes ago, rjshae said:

your-parent-hacks.jpg

Make them read their own stories, much easier and encourages self reliance.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

42 minutes ago, rjshae said:

any-other-year-and-that-might-have-seeme

• Haha 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

On 7/1/2020 at 5:55 PM, Guard Dog said:

Last one

82637932_2103115329833145_87799878223672

Even better: Wonder Woman has an airplane . . . despite the fact she can fly. The kicker, it's invisible. You'd think that'd make it harder to find but you'd be wrong 'cause the plane is invisible and not the people or objects inside it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Even better: Wonder Woman has an airplane . . . despite the fact she can fly. The kicker, it's invisible. You'd think that'd make it harder to find but you'd be wrong 'cause the plane is invisible and not the people or objects inside it.

Some years back someone pointed out all the S&M references in the old WW comics. As a kid I never noticed (obviously). But the invisible airplane always did strike me as weird. 

• Gasp! 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

Some years back someone pointed out all the S&M references in the old WW comics. As a kid I never noticed (obviously). But the invisible airplane always did strike me as weird. 

Well...

http://www.superdickery.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/WWE1v1_CASE_LARGE.jpg

...I don't think it ever really went away.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Oh, God. Now I can't unsee this. As someone who grew up a big Detective Comics fan I'm gonna need some time to come to terms with this. I knew that the creators were into some alternate lifestyle stuff, but damn.

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Wonder Woman started being able to glide through the air in 1958, she got true flight in 1985 post Crisis on Infinite Earths when she was rebooted.

The Invisible Plane dates from Wonder Woman's introduction in Sensation Comics #1 from 1942.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Happy Birthday, Murica!

This should 100% be the national anthem. DO IT YOU COWARDS!

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 7/3/2020 at 11:23 AM, Amentep said:

The Invisible Plane dates from Wonder Woman's introduction in Sensation Comics #1 from 1942.

I didn't remember that from the comics. I thought it was a Saturday Morning Cartoon invention

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

OoPW3Uy.jpg

7/4/1996. NEVER FORGET!

:lol:

Thomas Sowell

4 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

I didn't remember that from the comics. I thought it was a Saturday Morning Cartoon invention

SensationComics11.jpg

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

106496545_2700421936870073_4979363381176

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thomas Sowell

103254552_2686185711627029_8588028311959

• Haha 2

Thomas Sowell

Thomas Sowell

29 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

Call me dim, but I don't get this one.

The AC is facing out not in

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Some of us grew up in countries where AC is something you look up in a dictionary ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On 7/3/2020 at 2:21 PM, the_dog_days said:

Oh, God. Now I can't unsee this. As someone who grew up a big Detective Comics fan I'm gonna need some time to come to terms with this. I knew that the creators were into some alternate lifestyle stuff, but damn.

Well to be fair, the original creatore of Wonder Woman was an .. interesting guy. He was involved in a polyamorous relationship, apparently did talk a lot of things around the nature of submission and domination, wanted to create a superhero who revolved around "love" rather than simple "destruction", and supposedly based a lot of WW on his domestic partner, the triad of him and his wife.  On the random, he also created the systolic blood pressure test after his wife noted the correlation of emotions to blood pressure.

And for that classic quote about his work and from him:

One of the purposes of these bondage depictions was to induce eroticism in readers as a part of what he called "sex love training." Through his Wonder Woman comics, he aimed to condition readers to becoming more readily accepting of loving submission to loving authorities rather than being so assertive with their own destructive egos. About male readers, he later wrote: "Give them an alluring woman stronger than themselves to submit to, and they'll be proud to become her willing slaves!"

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

An epidemiologist, an ICU doctor, and a scientist all walk into a bar.

I'm just kidding, they all know better.

• Like 3

I was walking past a farm and a sign said:  "Duck, eggs!"

I thought: "That's an unneccesary comma - then it hit me."

• Like 3