Copperlane Map Overlapping With Every Other Map

ThisNameWasAlreadyTaken

Question

So it seems the Copperlane map stuff is being put on top of every other map in the city.So all of the magnifying glass prompts, the hidden cache, the names of locations on the map like the Goose and the Fox. All of that is just being put on top of every other map and I've mostly been able to navigate around it, I just have to walk around the areas with the magnifying glass prompts but I literally can't complete a quest because it's blocking my access to an NPC. I haven't been able to find anything about this in all the bug threads I've seen so I was wondering if anyone had a clue how to fix this. It started when I entered Copperlane and so far it has affected every single location I've been to afterwards.

Screenshot from the Goose and the Fox. I need to speak to Weaxel for "Something Secret" and I can't reach him because the entire area is covered by the magnifying prompt for some reason. Other prompts don't take over entire areas so I have to assume this is part of the bug.

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by ThisNameWasAlreadyTaken

6 answers to this question

I'm experiencing exactly the same thing, and it's driving me crazy. I get similar problems in the area map, I regularly see "points of interest" from a different location overload all across the actual map of the location I'm in. I've enjoyed PoE so far, but this is making the game very difficult to play, to the point where I'm close to stopping trying.

The only "solution" I've found is to completely quit the game (back to the desktop) and then relaunch. The initial area will then be ok, but after a short time the problem re-occurs. It's a very time-consuming fix when this needs to be used repeatedly.

In case it's relevant, I'm playing this via the Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 service.

I'm also having this issue, with Copperlane and other Defiance Bay areas overlapping and getting "stuck" until I reboot the game. Also, the vendors and doors from Caed Nua are also getting stuck and overlapping. I had a general goods vendor helping me fight stuff in areas it definitely wasn't supposed to be. 

So far in my playthrough, it only seems to affect areas in Defiance Bay and Caed Nua. As I moved away from those areas and restarted the game, it stopped happening, at least up to Twin Elms. Probably will re-occur later on.

I would put up with it, but it bugged out a quest for me, the task in defiance bay's seaside area where you find pieces of a staff for a dude, i was able to loot one of the quest items multiple times by mistake due to the overlapping lootable objects in unintended areas, and now he won't accept the quest, cus im guessing it's trying to use a bugged quest object I can't delete from my inventory. If that was a main quest item it would be game-breaking.

Seems to only affect the Game Pass version of the game, playing on PC. 

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry you are all running into this issue with the UI while trying to play Pillars.  Would any of you happen to have a save file you could send to us at support@obsidian.net so we can have a programmer take a look into this?  I'd be super appreciative if you did :)

Thank you for letting us know about this map issue and sorry again for all the trouble it has been causing your games.

I'm having this issue as well. I have noticed the loose flag stone in many different locations also, I have collected the loot from it at least 5 times from various maps. Before I even knew it was part of this quest.  I could not complete the quest the way I wanted. I had to bully the poor kid into telling me what the secret was. 

Playing on Xbox Games pass version as well.

I can share a game file. It says it is to big to upload though. 2,075kb