Politics XXXVII (The 12th Prime)

Amentep

https://www.axios.com/reddit-bans-the_donald-forum-as-part-of-major-hate-speech-purge-fbc8a185-0f81-402a-8629-08bec50be4f9.html

I guess this fits in here. Reddit banning a whole slew of subreddits, but the highlight is nuking The_Donald.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 hours ago, Gromnir said:

@Gorth

am suspecting nowadays more people is celebrating hugo weaving's V than they is guy fawkes.

welcome to rivendell, evey.

HA! Good Fun!

Everyone should celebrate Hugo Weaving.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

19 hours ago, Malcador said:

https://www.axios.com/reddit-bans-the_donald-forum-as-part-of-major-hate-speech-purge-fbc8a185-0f81-402a-8629-08bec50be4f9.html

I guess this fits in here. Reddit banning a whole slew of subreddits, but the highlight is nuking The_Donald.

Also Chapo and some TERF subreddit. YouTube also banned that insufferable clown Molyneux and some others yesterday. Galaxy brain centrism going on the offensive, not surprising considering they are megacorps.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

21 hours ago, Malcador said:

...the highlight is nuking The_Donald.

And nothing of value was lost, honestly Reddit should have done that years ago.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

"cannot be corroborated I believe its true. "

L0LZ

"On the side notes, Trump is raising even more push on the "potential election fraud" issues.  Since he can't do big election rallies, and he can't praise the numbers on unemployment or economic growth, who is laying odds that undercutting the democratic process is his big plan for November? "

Deja vu.  Anti Trumpers claimed the same thing last election  even to the point that they made it clear the US election could not hacked or  cheated plus anyone who claime dit could was treasonous and should be hung. Then, when Trump won, they promptly claimed said election was hacked by Russians..... via 'spamming the internet'.

LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Our primary for the Senate is today and our choices are between Hickenlooper and Romanoff. Quite literally everyone I know voted Romanoff so I look forward to Hickenlooper's victory late tonight

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Ghana is pitching tourism and immigration to black Americans. Ghana’s Minister of Tourism to Black Americans: Come home to Africa

Sorry guys. THAT will be  a hard sell. A quick perusal of Google says it costs over $2k to fly to Ghana and $600 to fly to Jamaica and $250 to fly to Grand Bahama from New York.  If I offered you a vacation in any two of those three countries which one gets eliminated? Yep. I thought so!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

23 hours ago, Malcador said:

Reddit should be destroyed, but the sheer asshurt this will cause trumpanzees, terfs, and chapo larpers will be funny.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

22 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I would love to go back to Jamaica just for the food and music. 

Sometimes I'd want to go back home. Then I realize the likelihood of getting kidnapped and/or murdered and it fades :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

7 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Sometimes I'd want to go back home. Then I realize the likelihood of getting kidnapped and/or murdered and it fades :lol:

I don't suppose you have a good jerk chicken recipe that you'd be willing to share and/or recommend a good scotch bonnet hot sauce?

22 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

we should all go home to Africa

Nah... Africa mostly kinda sucks. Take a bow France, England, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, China, USA, and of course the kings there who sold their own people as well as enemies. They really f-----d that place up.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

35 minutes ago, Malcador said:

I dont know Malc, there are very hot ladies from the Caribbean, Nicki Minaj is from there. It may be worth going on a reconnaissance at some stage for you  :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Nah... Africa mostly kinda sucks. Take a bow France, England, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, China, USA, and of course the kings there who sold their own people as well as enemies. They really f-----d that place up.

How many countries in Africa have you traveled to GD ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

33 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I don't suppose you have a good jerk chicken recipe that you'd be willing to share and/or recommend a good scotch bonnet hot sauce?

Not sure about jerk chicken, am from Trinidad - which I think is actually more unsafe than Jamaica is right now, hah.  EDIT - Okay, it is not. Jamaica has near double the murders.

For Scotch Bonnet hot sauce I like Bertie's. 

Edited by Malcador
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Touche. 

That would be none. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

21 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

We brought all of Africa here instead 😁

Telling, dont you think?

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

"we should all go home to Africa"

Afrika isn't my home. Neither is Europe. Kanada is. Born and raised here. Even have 'native' blood to back me up for all the 'whitey is evil' crybabies. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

52 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Telling, dont you think?

Interestingly enough their is a  real African diaspora, some BLM  activists go on news networks and believe the African diaspora is  there lived experiences in first world countries where they are often second , third and older generation.  

Many valid concerns are raised and Im  not dismissing racism or  discrimination, but the real suffering of black people is not in first world countries ....terms like   " micro-aggression "  and  " structural racism  "  become more relevant than what you have raised unintentionally and in  a joking way

African people that immigrate to countries like Sweden come from  certain African countries where in most cases there is no future due to bad leadership, wars and or egregious corruption and lack of governance. But its not all African countries, for example how many people become African refugees and look to Europe from Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Rwanda, Kenya and many others 

There are real rising stars in Africa but you cant compare them to any first world country because that is an unfair comparison. South Africa is a hybrid country where some people live between first world and third world in the sense we are well aware of the poverty and levels of inequality that exists due many factors....but in closing no one ever wants to leave there country and go somewhere else. I never understood this until I started travelling for work in Africa and the ME and I met many immigrants 

But end of the day the real problem and question all of us living in Africa need to ask and address is " why are citizens leaving certain African countries and immigrating to places like Sweden " 

Its not sustainable, it doesnt help the objective of the true African renaissance that many of us support and it undermines the institutions like the African Union which lack any political will to address internal problems. I wish BLM was about the problems of the African continent because all that energy and effort would be much more appreciated and constructive in the goal of " Black Lives Matter "  which should start on the African continent 

• Thanks 1

John Milton 

18 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I wish BLM was about the problems of the African continent because all that energy and effort would be much more appreciated and constructive in the goal of " Black Lives Matter "  which should start on the African continent 

?

Would you not be better served starting your own movement rather than wishing one that started in the US was about Africa

Unless you mean Bureau of Land Management in which case I got nothing

Edited by ShadySands

1 minute ago, ShadySands said:

?

Would you not be better served starting your own movement rather than wishing one that started in the US was about Africa

Definitely, but there are movements that address African problems that  I do support 

But BLM is not just an American movement anymore , I wish it was because I would never criticize any legitimate social justice movement that develops in other countries. But BLM is basically in many countries outside of the USA and the latest outcomes impact people who live in these countries that in some cases have no link to the USA

So in other words I am not  criticizing  aspects of the USA BLM but rather how it evolves in countries, like South Africa and UK , and how we all get associated with racial problems in the USA which are different throughout the world and then there are real societal changes or expectations based on BLM USA but its not the same in our countries 

I could ignore it because in SA its already basically died down but I have real connections to countries like the UK where its ongoing so it does effect me and people I know 

But please dont think I am really spending energy concerned about the USA BLM, its not my country and that is really the concern of Americans but it does have an impact or influence globally and that does matter to me 

I hope this makes sense ?

John Milton 

Yeah, you're correct that it has gone global but your criticisms are pretty much what I was trying to say, it'd be much better if each country or region had their own specific movements to deal with their specific issues. 

So maybe I'm the one not making sense here

4 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Telling, dont you think?

There are no Spanish Canarians and no Moroccans but I understand that people think every country in Africa is full of black people.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

In 2008, Everyone Thought The Recession Was Bad. But in 2020, Many Americans’ Views Depend On Their Party.

"In the most recent Quinnipiac University national survey, 69 percent of Republicans described the U.S. economy as “excellent” or “good.” Similarly, nearly two-thirds of Republicans in both Civiqs’s daily tracking polls and in a June 11-15 Associated Press/NORC Poll said that the nation’s current economy is at least leaning toward good. By contrast, only around 10 percent of Democrats thought that the national economy was doing well in those surveys."

"Before Trump took office, the more racial discrimination white people thought their own group faced, the more likely they were to say that the economy was worse than it had been a year earlier. These voters largely voted for Trump. But under Trump’s presidency, a similar poll found that white voters were less likely to say the economy had gotten worse if they believed white people faced high levels of racial discrimination."

we were admitted a smidge surprised by the numbers. sure, we recognized how trump voters, the vast majority o' whom would be republican, would be less likely to blame the President for current economic issues. and yeah, before covid-19 we were recognizing how a disturbing number o' persons refused to admit debt were getting outta control or that farmers and blue-collar manufacturing workers had benefited least from trump efforts to deregulate, reduce taxes for rich and fight a trade war with china. even so, what kinda self-delusion does it take to see current economy as better than september-november 2016?

extreme polarization o' the US electorate has resulted in a kinda mass hysteria which is gonna make any kinda positive change difficult and may make bipartisan action impossible. our republican system, for better or worse, requires that for there to be substantial change either an improbable super majority 'mongst populace and those who govern must be achieved or there must be compromise. 

am beginning to suspect that regardless o' november election results, the US is facing a metaphorical death by a thousand cuts situation. four years o' impotence and incompetence is survivable as long as there is no sooper majority, but such a state may only continue for so long until results is just as bad as a precipitous and catastrophic fail. 

degree o' perceived white victimization predictis optimism regarding current economy? 

what?

wh efforts to gaslight has clear been effective beyond our most improbable nightmares.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)