Politics XXXVII (The 12th Prime)

Amentep

5 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Did they caught the thugs that beat up and stole the phone from a child though? 

Nope. Sounds like they just rounded up a few black kids that didn't run and called it a day. Hooray for the police!

is weird we ain't seen the text o' the executive order trump signed regarding monuments. well, is weird 'cause is unusual to not have text released to press and public before or contemporaneous with signing, but is less weird in this case. trump tweets 'bout an order which would punish retroactive those who vandalized monuments with up to 10 years prison woulda' violated multiple aspects o' the Constitution, not least which were the ex post facto prohibition. trump also claimed authority based on a 2003 law, which only applied to monuments o' veterans o' US military, which would obvious preclude confederate statues. 

oh, and federalism.

*shrug*

still weird... am assuming wh releases as late as possible so ast to avoid needing to respond before weekend.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just to add into all the fun conspiracy theories...

Go...od morning Family,

Reporting from Brooklyn (Bed-Stuy/Bushwick/Crown Heights):

There was yet another night of extremely loud fireworks starting at 8 pm. and ending at about 2 or 3 a.m. Like it's on a set schedule (specifically when people are most likely trying to sleep). This is the second or third week straight of this (it began right after the start of Black Uprising/Great Reckoning); every night during the SAME time period, like clockwork.

Last night was the loudest I have ever heard fireworks in my entire life (and I've lived in NYC for 49 years). This doesn't sound anything like your normal, typical, gearing up for the 4th of July or New Year's fireworks. Think of that and multiply it by 1000. And I'm not exaggerating. This was was like someone unleashed an entire military force on Brooklyn. It sounded like war.

The media is reporting this as though it's just Black and Brown kids blowing off steam, but I don't believe that's the case. My neighbors and I believe that this is part of a coordinated attack on Black and Brown communities by government forces; an attack meant to disorient and destabilize the #BlackLivesMatter movement.

The goal, we think, is multifaceted:

1. Sleep deprivation as a means to create confusion and stoke tensions between Black and Brown peoples.

2. Desensitization as a means to get us so used to the sounds of firecrackers and other fireworks that when they start using their real artillery on us we won't know the difference. It's meant to sound like a war zone because a war zone is what it's about to become.

We think this is psychological warfare, the first wave before whatever the next stage of the attack is.

We think this because there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD that young Black and Brown people would otherwise have access to these PROFESSIONAL fireworks. Fam, these are Macy's July 4th/New Year's-level displays and sonic booms reserved generally for the wealthiest people and institutions.

And these kids are being supplied these things by the TRUCKLOAD. Hours and hours and days and days and weeks and weeks worth of explosives, y'all. No young Black and Brown people would be able to afford even a FRACTION of this supply. (Some folks have said that they saw boxes of high-grade fireworks left in Black and Brown neighborhoods, which reminds me of the government's role in the crack epidemic).

We think the government or some other anti-Black organization is providing these to neighborhood young people either free or cheaply and instructing them when, where, and how to use them. These young people are unaware of how they're being used against their own communities and think they're simply being allowed to have the kind of fun that is generally considered illegal.

After being cooped up during the pandemic, this is cathartic for them, but they clearly don't understand that they're pawns.

The government and the mainstream media are being coy or pretending to be clueless about it all, of course.

The government told residents to call 311 or 911 when the fireworks happen, but when you call 311 or 911, no one shows up. And why would they, if they're the ones behind it?

The New York Post exposed the Fire Department for taking part in it, but as you would imagine, the government is leaving it up to the Fire Department to investigate itself and eventually clear itself of any wrongdoing. SOURCE: https://nypost.com/…/fdny-firefighters-light-off-illegal-f…/

The New York Times is reporting on it as a "culture clash" issue. SOURCE: https://www.nytimes.com/…/ny…/fireworks-every-night-nyc.html

But we think it's a passive-aggressive assault on the minds of the Black and Brown people who are rebelling against the status quo. This is gaslighting with literal lights.

Please share this message. If you know anyone participating in these fireworks attacks, please educate them about how this is an attempt to undermine the struggle for liberation and try to persuade them to not allow themselves to be used by the enemies of the people.

I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist, but fam, please trust me.

I've lived in New York City long enough to know a rat when I see one.

And New York City has some of the biggest rats you've EVER seen.

P.S. This could also be the police attempting to retaliate against our calls to defund/abolish the police by creating the circumstances for a continuous public nuisance and then purposely failing to respond to it.

P.P.S. Black and Brown people and our allies are reporting that this EXACT tactic, with the EXACT same characteristics, on the EXACT same schedule is being used in predominately Black and Brown cities across the country. So it's not just Brooklyn and it's not just New York.

P.P.P.S. It could also be a set up: purposely giving these kids these products and then unleashing holy hell on them for breaking the law. SOURCE: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/…/flatbush-brooklyn-fireworks-…

P.P.P.P.S. Things are becoming clearer and clearer to me, fam. In an attempt to save their jobs and maintain their unchecked power, cops are trying to make it seem like crime is going up without them and I wouldn't put it past them that they, themselves, are responsible for these shootings and the fireworks are a great cover/distraction. SOURCE: https://nypost.com/…/nyc-shootings-surge-after-nypds-anti-…/

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

11 hours ago, Raithe said:

Just to add into all the fun conspiracy theories...

That's an excessive number of P.S.s

I think the fireworks (which I've noticed more of where I live) is probably because people have been stuck home for months and want something to do, rather than a conspiracy to destabilize activist groups or create a false flag to send in the cops.

• Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

People are dumb. I live in a tiny, tiny town and have been hearing fireworks go off every once in a while every night from 11PM-2AM for the past couple of weeks.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

People are dumb. I live in a tiny, tiny town and have been hearing fireworks go off every once in a while every night from 11PM-2AM for the past couple of weeks.

last night we heard loud music from 7ish-9:30ish pm. is not a grumpy old man thing 'cause is not as if the music bothered us... weren't as if it were a 2am kinda thing. perhaps an excess o' U2 songs, but otherwise we had no complaints 'bout substance or volume. nevertheless, were weird 'cause, due to covid-19, our community had voted to "delay" its traditional concert series. is an amphitheatre for the community where such stuff is held and while the venue is a few miles distant from Gromnir's home, we are able to hear the concerts when they is held. last night sounded like a concert were being held, which we found perplexing and all together stoopid.

weren't a concert. turns out the music were a graduation party with a live band held at a residence 'bout a half-mile from our place. dozens o' folks crammed into an admitted spacious backyard, but no social distancing enforced and no masks. didn't seem particular responsible.

as to fireworks, at least three homes has burned down in our community from fireworks related accidents within the last 10 years, and multiple grass fires were started which threatened other homes.  whatever. is a northern CA thing and is simple part o' the norm that week before and after 4th there is gonna be fireworks aplenty in an area with a whole lotta dry brush and heritage oaks just waiting to burst into flames. folks prepare.  all our properties have steel roofs, am less concerned than we were in past. less. 

this year our community board debated whether to postpone the 4th fireworks celebration and community parade 'cause o' covid-19. is one o' the larger fireworks displays held in our area. scale o' the fireworks is noteworthy particular as the actual size o' the community is smallish. the parade is somewhat more pedestrian and is mostly people decorating their golf carts in red, white and blue bunting. population o' the community functional quadruples one night o' the year. families pack the verdant grass lawns adjacent to community thoroughfares. blankets and lawn chairs is staked out to claim best available spots a week in advance... the blankets always strike us as an odd way to establish a claim as sprinklers is running on those days leading up to the 4th. anyways, board decided not to delay fireworks to a fall holiday. more curious, while the maintenance crew announced they could paint social distance circles on lawn areas to encourage responsible behaviour during a freaking pandemic, such an an effort at mitigation were rejected. 

the community does also throw a very nice pancake breakfast on the morning o' the 4th. 

serious though, why would anybody reject the option o' having social distance circles being painted on community lawn areas?  a large percentage o' the community is older, with children and grandchildren visiting for the 4th. the rate o' comorbidity in our community is gonna be as bad/worse than even the navajo reservations for simple fact so many is so old. would assume people would be extra careful, no? no.

also amusing is the excessive number o' the plastic garbage cans in our community reduced to puddle/pile o' filth and ash the night o' the 4th 'cause otherwise smart folks don't realize how dumping hot spent fireworks in their trash barrels is a bad idea. am suspecting at least a dozen such fails occur every year. 

well, at least the fireworks stuff is an outdoor event, so covid-19 issues is dramatic reduced, but am confident we see infection spikes 'cause avenues will be packed with maskless morons who will later return home and attempt to set their homes ablaze by lighting trash cans on fire.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It was a bit hard not to laugh at the delivery of that last part ;)

I mostly remember fireworks from New Years in Sydney Harbour and Guy Fawkes day in Wellington 🎇

Australia is almost doing good on the covid19 front these days except those bastards in Melbourne. Can't build that wall on QLD's southern border fast enough!

Edit: Don't ask why, it's probably a British thing celebrating a terrorist trying to blow up the parliament.

• Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Princeton Dumps Woodrow Wilson’s Name Over ‘Persistent’ Racism  

No complaint from me on this one. He was a racist, believed in eugenics, was an all around POS and this is sonofabitch that ruined the 20th Century for everyone. 

Edit: But he couldn't have done it without Roosevelt's help so f--k him too.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/russians-offered-taliban-bounties-kill-us-troops-military/story?id=71495576

There is a new development that Russian intelligence have been paying bounties to Taliban factions for any USA and coalition soldiers killed in Afghanistan

I have been  researching this appalling story and even though it cannot be corroborated I believe its true. This needs to be heavily condemned and of course Trump is denying he knew anything about it which I believe .....but it doesnt change that it  is ongoing 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Gorth said:

It was a bit hard not to laugh at the delivery of that last part ;)

I mostly remember fireworks from New Years in Sydney Harbour and Guy Fawkes day in Wellington 🎇

Australia is almost doing good on the covid19 front these days except those bastards in Melbourne. Can't build that wall on QLD's southern border fast enough!

Edit: Don't ask why, it's probably a British thing celebrating a terrorist trying to blow up the parliament.

Gorthfuscious what is a summary of what is happening in Melbourne ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Gorthfuscious what is a summary of what is happening in Melbourne ?

The summary is bloody milennials (the tl;dr; version)

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/coronavirus/new-saliva-test-fasttracked-to-coronavirus-hotspot-suburbs/news-story/f7e706de36bbf5c7b47cec1b5de77e7e

Then you can always start digging into why they think rules are for everyone except *me* 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

34 minutes ago, Gorth said:

The summary is bloody milennials (the tl;dr; version)

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/coronavirus/new-saliva-test-fasttracked-to-coronavirus-hotspot-suburbs/news-story/f7e706de36bbf5c7b47cec1b5de77e7e

Then you can always start digging into why they think rules are for everyone except *me* 🤦‍♂️

Thanks for sharing, one of the reasons I was interested in Melbourne is that is where my cousins on my moms side, they not in finance as that is my dads side of the family, immigrated to in 1996 after Apartheid ended . These cousins played an important part in my  early years being raised by my mom so I am concerned with there well being and the virus spread in Melbourne 

The irony is I dont have much a relationship with them anymore so its sometimes just easier to ask a non-family member who lives in Oz information about Oz ...like you, I hope this makes sense :)

• Thanks 1

John Milton 

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/russians-offered-taliban-bounties-kill-us-troops-military/story?id=71495576

There is a new development that Russian intelligence have been paying bounties to Taliban factions for any USA and coalition soldiers killed in Afghanistan

I have been  researching this appalling story and even though it cannot be corroborated I believe its true. This needs to be heavily condemned and of course Trump is denying he knew anything about it which I believe .....but it doesnt change that it  is ongoing 

Well its not like US was doing exactly same few years back...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

On the side notes, Trump is raising even more push on the "potential election fraud" issues.  Since he can't do big election rallies, and he can't praise the numbers on unemployment or economic growth, who is laying odds that undercutting the democratic process is his big plan for November?  🤨

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

1 hour ago, Chilloutman said:

Well its not like US was doing exactly same few years back...

Can you provide links or can you explain further ?

And the USSR invasion of Afghanistan in the 1980's  and the role the CIA played is not the same thing as that was a proxy war and part of the Cold War

John Milton 

I operate under the assumption that undercutting, circumventing, and/or perverting the democratic process is standard procedure for the vast majority of politicians.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Can you provide links or can you explain further ?

And the USSR invasion of Afghanistan in the 1980's  and the role the CIA played is not the same thing as that was a proxy war and part of the Cold War

All middle east is proxy war after proxy. Afghan, Syria, all same ... playground from big players. how is it any different now is beyond me

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

@Gorth

am suspecting nowadays more people is celebrating hugo weaving's V than they is guy fawkes.

welcome to rivendell, evey.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1