Politics XXXVII (The 12th Prime)

Amentep

34 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Debbie straight up racist. :-

edit: Oh lordie, looked it up and she is an assistant principal at a school. I hope that social media post was worth losing a job over. Seems like a weak hill to die on.

Pretty funny how people are defending it by stating she didn't mention a race.  Mind you, could be some incredibly obtuse people or just people being dishonest. 

Yep and there's the dog I expected.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just now, Malcador said:

Pretty funny how people are defending it by stating she didn't mention a race.  Mind you, could be some incredibly obtuse people or just people being dishonest. 

I mean, at best you can say she is just stereotyping anyone on welfare. That would be the most forgiving way to look at her. But given the timing and the current climate, it's blatantly racist. This woman, who as an educator is supposed to be guiding young people out of the cycle of poverty that so many minorities are mired in, responds to all the talk about white privilege by stereotyping everyone on welfare. She's making a healthy 6 figure salary to lift these kids up, and instead goes after their choice in shoes. That is the definition of white privilege. 

Then she put it on facebook! Lordie lord. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

She's making a healthy 6 figure salary to lift these kids up, and instead goes after their choice in shoes.

Based off my experience with teachers and principals that seems like standard behaviour. 😛

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

20 hours ago, melkathi said:

I was told yesterday that Black Lives Matter was an organization created and led by "trained marxists" who in an alliance with antifa aim to kill black people (and have killed hundreds of black people over the last weekend alone).

For some reason my 'this seems rather suspect and they probably don't know what they're talking about' sense is tingling... 🤣

• Like 1

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

21 hours ago, melkathi said:

I was told yesterday that Black Lives Matter was an organization created and led by "trained marxists" who in an alliance with antifa aim to kill black people (and have killed hundreds of black people over the last weekend alone).

Just in case you needed an example of a moron.

I envy you, I'd only been told that they were the equivalent of ISIS, somehow.  Sort of lazy compared to what you were told.

32 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Huh? Please show me the part where she said anything about race?

It's actually somewhat notable the way she lists out a bunch of racist dog-whistles without ever actually mentioning the race of the targets.

I guess if one is really naive, it's possible to assume she is just disparaging poor people but, of course, that isn't exactly a positive take on its own either.

• Like 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

1 minute ago, Elerond said:

I think you can see failure in her logic from point where she believes that some one is paying $300 for Beats headphones 

They do retail for that price, mind you they are not barebones - $300 USD for wireless with noise cancelling, whereas you can get a "regular" one for $80 USD. 

8 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

I guess if one is really naive, it's possible to assume she is just disparaging poor people but, of course, that isn't exactly a positive take on its own either.

Yeah, even if you completely remove race from the equation it mostly comes off as the old 'poor people don't deserve nice things' argument.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

1 minute ago, Malcador said:

They do retail for that price, mind you they are not barebones - $300 USD for wireless with noise cancelling, whereas you can get a "regular" one for $80 USD. 

Only ones that I found with retail price $300+ are Solo Pro and Beats Studio3 Wireless, but you can find even those $80-$100 cheaper if you don't buy them directly from Beats web store.  

Well, that generated far more conversation that it deserved. My advice to Debbie is to mind your own business. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm sure Skarpie will use our reactions to validate his opinion that she is brave and will be attacked for her opinions. Of course, he will ignore the fact that he shared her opinion here in the first place, and none of us would have even noticed her if he hadn't. :p

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Privlidge is posting ****ty opinions on facebook and acting like a martyr when you get called out.

28 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

"The car hadn’t hit the kid. The kid had hit the car."

The article as a whole describes some terrible ****, but this level of denial really sticks out to me.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

Her post is a response to white privilege. She used the word privilege over and over again. Do you agree?

No, I don't. I also don't agree with the view that if people talk about people on welfare, they are talking about POC. In fact not all people on welfare are POC and not all POC are on welfare. I know it's a shock, because most of liberal progressive people hold that view.

1 hour ago, Pidesco said:

It's actually somewhat notable the way she lists out a bunch of racist dog-whistles without ever actually mentioning the race of the targets.

Any examples of those "dog whistles"?

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

Well, that generated far more conversation that it deserved. My advice to Debbie is to mind your own business. 

In other words don't look on what your taxes are spent. The government knows what they are doing. Shut up and obey. Didn't expect that stance from you, though.

55 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Did they caught the thugs that beat up and stole the phone from a child though? 

Edited by Skarpen

166215__front.jpg

Recalling my experience on both sides of job interviews this is classic.

image.png.459aae1bef734e0ea91d5a3b8be3fba4.png

Edited by Malcador

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

I'm sure Skarpie will use our reactions to validate his opinion that she is brave and will be attacked for her opinions. Of course, he will ignore the fact that he shared her opinion here in the first place, and none of us would have even noticed her if he hadn't. :p

I'm surprised you guys are still all up for grabbing that sweet bait when it's laid out so plainly. :p

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

we read the transcript from the interview and then imagine trump takes one o' those silly what d&d class would you be quizzes/surveys.  impossible occurs and trump result is:

Gibbering-Mouther.jpeg

btw, the gibbering mouther in chief had a few competent and qualified people in the administration, but he fired 'em or they resigned. bolton were hired 'cause h.r. mcmaster were no longer national security advisor. hardly a singular example.

Richard Spencer: I was fired as Navy secretary. Here’s what I’ve learned because of it.

who followed richard spencer?

thomas modly

others?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

3 hours ago, Skarpen said:

In other words don't look on what your taxes are spent. The government knows what they are doing. Shut up and obey. Didn't expect that stance from you, though.

Taxation is theft. That is like bitching over what the mugger bought with your money after he it you over the head and stole your wallet. 

Thomas Sowell

2 hours ago, Gromnir said:

we read the transcript from the interview and then imagine trump takes one o' those silly what d&d class would you be quizzes/surveys.  impossible occurs and trump result is:

Gibbering-Mouther.jpeg

btw, the gibbering mouther in chief had a few competent and qualified people in the administration, but he fired 'em or they resigned. bolton were hired 'cause h.r. mcmaster were no longer national security advisor. hardly a singular example.

HA! Good Fun!

That is not what they look like! They look like this:

2e

D&D jumped the shark after 2nd ed!

BTW I finished Bolton's book. There were a few surprises and it's fair to say some things were better than they looked. Most were even worse than you'd think though.  I know Bolton's track record and I found pretty much everything he said to be completely credible. Which is.... not good.

Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

56 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

That is not what they look like! They look like this:

2e were arguable the worst d&d, with all the nonsensical organic crap which had accumulated from d&d's origins and were not purged, while adding kits and other such nonsense which grew utter outta control. 2e were an abomination perhaps best visualized by the gibbering mouther image.

2e did include planescape though, so not a complete loss.

also, we got the original module in which the critter appeared, which were c-1, the hidden shrine of tamoachan. erol otus did artwork for the gibbering mouther.

eaa2451f5faa83a68e0ed55936048399.jpg

so...

there is a 2e di terlizzi image we like best for the gibbering mouther, but it is more funny than scary. 

3e, taken as a whole and previous to all the splat book extras, were better than previous editions o' d&d. were far more rational, but we did miss some o' the old skool d&d/ad&d artists.

and am knowing is not what you mean, but nobody voted for bolton. Gromnir is a textualist after all. nsa is one o' the few senior wh positions not requiring senate approval.

on positive side, with national security advisor, we don't get transparent unconstitutional "acting" exploit which no other President has ever manipulated to such a degree as trump, but is unlikely to ever change. need somebody with standing to bring a case to Courts. 

as to the book, am not gonna read bolton's tell-mostly/tell-selective until we may borrow a copy from the local public library as we ain't paying money for anybody remote involved with the book. also, is our understanding the book is hundreds o' pages which may be encapsulated in a single image

hansolo.png

good news for gd is mary trump's book is near ready for release, but am even less curious 'bout her book. am already convinced trump is a terrible president and a contemptible human being based on many trump actions and statements. discover the details o' fugly trump family trauma will do what? legitimize what we already believe? public sharing o' real family trauma makes us a bit uncomfortable. will read brothers karamazov or sound and the fury if we need scratch such an itch. that said, am agreeing for public persons running for office, such fodder is fair game, but even so am not some kinda lovecraftian monster who is gonna gleeful feed off o' tragedy and pay for the right to indulge such appetites.

will wait for the movie.

joke. we joke.

HA! Good Fun!

ps not kidding 'bout terribleness o' 2e .

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)