Politics XXXVII (The 12th Prime)

Amentep

Disney is forcing their “essential” employees to go back to work.  Disney pays their employees shiits. In the US, companies can pay “tipped” workers below the minimum wage. Hotel and restaurant workers get tips, so cheapo Disney obviously pay them below minimum.  Right now, the hotel and restaurant workers are getting paid more from the extra $600 Pandemic Unemployment Assistance — atop of the regular unemployment benefits they are getting. They will be taking a huge personal health risk if they go back to work. However, as per the unemployment benefits rules: if they refuse to go back to work, then they will lose their unemployment benefits and PUA.

So Disney wants them to take a huge personal health risk to go back to work for less money than what they are getting now from unemployment. Of course, the best solution is for Disney to pay their “essential” workers MORE, which Disney would never even consider.

Yes, the mighty corporations have to earn money, at the expenses and risks of their workers.  Because America and capitalism.  And big corporations are allowed to be capitalistic but not workers.

Edited by ktchong

1 hour ago, ktchong said:

70% of  MILLENNIALS in CHINA own homes -- and that is JUST the millennials.:

Meanwhile, in "America-is-numba-one"...

Edited by 213374U
please don't spam videos

🤣😂🤣😂

Bernie Sanders wouldn't do a damn thing because the Democratic Party machinery would never let him.  The Party is lock stock Corporatized.  I can see him sitting there just spouting rhetoric while not doing anything.

Sort of like Trump!  But on the other end of the spectrum.

Edited by ComradeMaster

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

22 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

giphy.gif

firefox_khc0DwadZ9.png

???

• Hmmm 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

13 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

firefox_khc0DwadZ9.png

???

we all know this ain't comrade master's first board incarnation, but how does board software intuit?

kid. we kid.

and to stay on-topic, good news for those who pre ordered the bolton book, a judge is not granting the government request for injunctive relief. 

also, while am supporting geoffrey berman, he can't remain as us attorney boss for sdny if Trump fires him. barr can't fire berman, and am disturbed (but unsurprised) that barr would lie 'bout berman "stepping down," but no statutory defense is gonna hold up for very long when we are talking 'bout specific article 2 powers.

even so, berman may do as trump has done so frequent in past and use the legal system to delay what is otherwise inevitable. 

regardless, am utter baffled by the the trump supporters who defend the President and his cronies when is so clear the President flaunts rule o' law and any American notions o' justice. President fires the guy investigating the President, even if legal, should be a kick in the shorts o'... everybody. how is this not more troubling to trump supporters?

if President hillary did same f'ing thing, firing a US attorney investigating her business/foundation/allies and then lied 'bout it, imagine the reaction from some o' our boardie trump supporters. is not 'bout trump. shouldn't be. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

8 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

regardless, am utter baffled by the the trump supporters who defend the President and his cronies when is so clear the President flaunts rule o' law and any American notions o' justice. President fires the guy investigating the President, even if legal, should be a kick in the shorts o'... everybody. how is this not more troubling to trump supporters?

The Dems aren't any better something something deep state something SJWs something wokeness something I don't want faggots to marry and abortion is murder.

Edited by majestic
Curious filtering... kek

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

9 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

we all know this ain't comrade master's first board incarnation

I've never made a previous account on here.  Just because I may remind you of someone else doesn't make me the same person, in fact it should demonstrate that there's other people out there with different opinions than that of your own.  It's such a trend lately for people to psychologically comfort themselves in trying to lump people to as few as possible.

Edited by ComradeMaster

Just now, majestic said:

The Dems aren't any better something something deep state something JWS something wokeness something I don't want **** to marry and abortion is murder.

that's fine. call 'em out if you see hypocrisy, though your vagueness fails. specific is good. for instance, point to actual instances where dems who during trump impeachment were excoriating trump for arguments schumer and others were making when bill were on trial and we would support you 100%. call out the wrong. however, doesn't make better 'cause more people is doing the wrong.

cheap dodge.

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

49 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

if President hillary did same f'ing thing, firing a US attorney investigating her business/foundation/allies and then lied 'bout it, imagine the reaction from some o' our boardie trump supporters. is not 'bout trump. shouldn't be. 

HA! Good Fun!

The thing is it's entirely plausible she would have. Or something similar. What in Hillary Clinton's history would give you cause to expect honest conduct from her? We have finally reached the point where there are no "good guys". No virtuous choices. No good. Only evil. Lesser or greater being purely in the eye of the beholder. Or, maybe we've been here a while and just realize it more now. 

The outcome of the 2020 election is anti-climatic. No matter who wins on January 19 2021 we will swear in a fool who should not even be allowed to preside over a watermelon seed spitting contest, let alone a country. The fact that people are fighting so hard to champion one of those fools is very depressing.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

3 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

that's fine. call 'em out if you see hypocrisy, though your vagueness fails. specific is good. for instance, point to actual instances where dems who during trump impeachment were excoriating trump for arguments schumer and others were making when bill were on trial and we would support you 100%. call out the wrong. however, doesn't make better 'cause more people is doing the wrong.

cheap dodge.

HA! Good Fun!

Of course it's a cheap dodge, but one that I hear far too often when people defend any given populist's corruption or dumbwittery. "But the others aren't any better." they say. That might be true, corruption seems to be a ubiquitous iniquity in politics these days. Just like Trump most populists claim that they will drain the swamp, ferret out injustices and root out corruption, and once elected aren't if not worse then at least not any better than the same politicians they rallied against.

I'm with you in being baffled about people actually defending Trump as a person. Even if I would agree with the politics of his administration (which heaven forbid deserves nothing but the most scathing of criticism in my opionion) I'd be hard pressed to come up with some way to come to terms with the Tangerine in Chief. He has little to no redeeming qualities as a person, appears to have the proverbial attention span of a gold fish and he's either cognitively underpriviledged or suffers from the early symptoms of dementia.

Way back at the BIS/IPlay boards we played a similar spiel on YOP with the likes of Crucis about how George W. Bush wasn't an abject moron because he's just a terrible public speaker. Back then I laughed hard at the idea, but at least it had more merit than anything said in Trump's defense. You can see the same sort of behaviour for instance with Sharp_One, who once people started calling Trump out on being ridiculous with the desinfectants and sunlight cleanses your body nonsense he came up with. He immediately linked to some bogus company's pseudo-scientific research that I wouldn't be surprised if it formed Trump's actual basis for his stated opinion. They probably read the same "news" sources.

While Bush saying he believes that there's a way for fish and man to coexist peacefully is kind of ridiculous at least one could make the assumption about how he thinks that it should be possible for us to not overfish the seas (although that doesn't sound like something any Republicans of the era would come up with). Trumps blathering is just... sad. So sad. Cofeve needs to dominate. Dominate. I have yuuuuuge hands.

Sharp_One was unto something though. Trump's a businessman and he doesn't need empathy or compassion as businessman. That might be right, but that does make him a terrible leader. Even if it would not, at least the people who champion Trump should realize that someone with so little empathy, coming from a life of wealth and priviledge, has no ability to even remotely understand their problems. Since I've already accused poor goldfish of having a shorter attention span than they actually have we can conclude this by another famous misquote. Trump is exactly the sort of person that would say: Then let them eat cake.

200 years ago people like Trump were beheaded by the people. Today they're their heroes. O tempora, o mores...

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

2 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

The thing is it's entirely plausible she would have. Or something similar. What in Hillary Clinton's history would give you cause to expect honest conduct from her?

you and your parade o' horribles.

'course we already addressed your concern. will repeat.

even if we assume unlikely situation hillary were so stoopid and corrupt as to overt request election help from a foreign power, have situation play out exact same, albeit with different actors. change one small detail, which in light o' history is actual the likely situation: house o' representatives in 2019 is narrow republican control. with what woulda' been a narrow victory over an unpopular trump, trying to swing the House in midterms woulda' been a challenge for hillary. every national failure woulda' been blamed on hillary and as is typical with a relative unpopular President at midterms, the opposing party wins seats.

so republican controlled house needs decide whether to impeach hillary for election interference and overt obstructionist behaviour? any chance such fails to get a majority when President hillary were so obvious 'bout it... plus her efforts to bury the IG report to Congress woulda' been enough to get her metaphorical keel-hauled by an unfriendly House.

predict for us what happens in the Senate when articles o' impeachment from House arrive condemning hillary o' high crimes and misdemeanors? what is chances mitch and other republicans is convinced by procedural issues to ignore the threat o' a President open hostile to rule o' law with an upcoming election in 2020?

imagine a President hillary and same mistakes as trump exposes the hypocrisy o' trump supporters if they is being at all honest.

oh, and somehow assume all same mistakes and hillary never survives mueller. never.

however, even with the fever dream silliness gd regular embraces, we don't see hillary or any other major candidate who were running in 2016 indulging in the buffoonery and criminality as has this chief executive. every other candidate, even the overt mercenary ones such as cruz, had some level o' respect for the office o' President and for the nation as a whole. there is a gravitas which comes with the office and while many Presidents fail to live up to standards set by predecessors, we has had extreme few Presidents who were narcissistic and ignorant. we have had fools as chief executive. we have had borderline tyrants. we has had men who we might even wanna label as evil, whatever that means. even so, if you do not see trump as different after three years o' constant lies and attacks on the Constitution, you never will... 

which is exact why we says people should be specific. "no matter who wins," is unconvincing and cheap. compare specifics and you cannot help but see how different is trump. did obama, for example, attack the media unfairly? sure as hell did and we called him out for doing so. go after fox guys you don't like specific 'cause you don't like? were wrong then as would be today. but compare obama's attacks on the media to trump is representing a difference in scope we never coulda' predicted in 2016. 

so no, we would not be in same situation with a democrat President. and no, the choice 'tween trump v. anybody is NOT pointless. yeah, Congress and local should be our bigger focus in this nation, but is not a pointless choice unless you ignore reality complete and instead rely on sweeping generalizations which you somehow validate with the unique and aberrational narcissism and ineptitude o' trump.

HA! Good Fun!

2 hours ago, ktchong said:

But... AMERICAN NUMBA ONE!

The TRICKLE-DOWN is about to happen anytime now! 😂

I know we not suppose to respond in any irate way to Ktchong posts because he constantly seeks to troll people but this is a video created in the USA that is suppose to be about a real concern around something that is suppose to be an indication of I guess " how the lockdown is another reason for inequality  " and only the super rich can become ....billionaires

I am hope I am misunderstanding the intent but its very inaccurate and is based on irrelevant "data that tells us this is unacceptable because the virus has devastated  the worlds global economy " ....thats the only thing I can honestly agree on but that is also what makes this rant so hypercritical. I would appreciate if anyone else can watch the video and tell me what I dont get......for examples is  this  suppose to be legitimate channel for sharing valid economic information....I am assuming its not considered a serious channel ?

The reason I ask this is the 2 commentators make the most bizarre and unhelpful comments about what this means ....and I am not sure if they trolling. Its like some antithesis of a extreme Fox News show but on the left....its impossible to really understand what they suggesting this means in a way we can quantify in a normal economic definition  that matters to people who have really lost jobs and how all of the worlds   economies have been devastated by the necessary but artificial  shutdown the global economy 

I am sure everyone is aware how serious this is but I want to share something with you guys that you not necessarily get expose to because its newly created and it considers many things never in the history of mankind and economics have been impacted. I saw most of the SA data from one of my customers who are a bank ,similar problems will exist in all your countries but I doubt it will be as grim as ours...in summary 

• I cannot understand why people want to support conspiracy theories around certain topics, for example you sometimes hear people bemoaning the reality of globalization...yet there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the concept except the certain countries that can afford to subsidize local goods and sell them cheaper in countries that cant afford it ...its seems unfair and China has dumped serious textiles and steel on SA which erased those sectors for us but China will do this not with malicious intent but governments need to obviously factor in tariffs or similar protective measures. Anyway apart from this there are many more positive things about Globalization but the virus global lockdown has ended this system in most areas...you should consider what this means to your country, for SA  this is about the low oil price caused initially no one buying oil and we mustnt think the low oil price was a positive ....in dropped so low no country was making any money from oil and this has a huge impact on all energy companies and there share price  and also no one is buying our commodities. China normally addresses both these points so we need them to come back online  
  • Our taxes across all relevant components is down never seen before levels. income tax, corporate tax and VAT is all down and those make up 83 % of our tax
  • Finally some people think GDP is an inaccurate measurement of economic progress and or health. Thats inaccurate and should tell you the person is not serious about the discussion because GDP has clear logical meaning to a very important part of all economies. You can see which sectors in any diverse economy contribute the most and which ones are slowing down....you then investigate further because the reasons may be very relevant and need to be addressed. In SA we do have a diverse economy which consists of the following finance, services , tourism, mining, agriculture , trade , government , manufacturing. transport ,construction and electrical but every one of these has been hit hard by the reality of the lockdown and that means we have no real idea what that means until the official government statement end of the month
  • And the irony is the only people that have had no retrenchments or salary cuts is the entire public sector and everyone in government and at the moment these sectors are all running at a loss for about 8 months and we pay there salaries because if run at a loss you dont contribute  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

so...

geoffrey berman, the US attorney whom general barr claimed had stepped down, has now s'posed been fired by trump... at least so says a letter from barr. barr curious also no longer is claiming to appoint a temporary replacement for berman 'cause, y'know, he didn't have authority to do that either. 

well, story is over, yes? as we noted earlier, barr may not have authority to fire berman, but trump does. thus the letter from barr explaining who were doing the firing.

nope. nothing so ez.

trump says, 

"Well, that's all up to the attorney general. Attorney General Barr is working on that," Trump said on the South Lawn ahead of his departure for his rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma. "That's his department, not my department. But we have a very capable attorney general so that's really up to him. I'm not involved."-cnn... but for all you fake news 100ns, you may find quote just 'bout anywhere. 

tempest in a tea cup though, right? sure, trump or barr is lying (both?) but end result changes little once these clowns get their act together and barr gets trump to realize he needs be the guy making the decision to fire. delay the inevitable. 

not so fast, 'cause lindsey graham apparent discovered his spine on a domestic issue after more than three years o' trump 'cause when questioned 'bout situation, mr. graham said he weren't informed by the wh o' the situation, but if there were to be a firing and replacement o' berman, senate traditions regarding such matters would be upheld, including the right o' the State senators from the relevant jurisdiction having veto power over US attorney appointments. lindsey graham heads the committee on US attorney appointments, which is why is relevant for mr. graham to have input. 

senators schumer and gillibrand has both announced they will veto trump/barr choice o' replacement, sec lawyer, jay clayton. mr. clayton has ZERO prosecutor experience btw.

we could not make this nonsense up if we tried.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Probably should be in the funny thread now that I think on it

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/u-s-army-soldier-allegedly-gave-classified-info-to-satanic-neo-nazi-group-sources-say/2478537/

"O9A seeks to harness supernatural forces and overthrow the alleged 'Nazarene/Magian' (Jewish) influence on society, reduce the population of 'mundanes' through acts of extreme barbarism, and usher in a new imperial aeon (age) ruled by a race of Satanic supermen who would colonise the solar system," the group wrote in this year's report.

• Confused 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

54 minutes ago, Malcador said:

"O9A seeks to harness supernatural forces and overthrow the alleged 'Nazarene/Magian' (Jewish) influence on society, reduce the population of 'mundanes' through acts of extreme barbarism, and usher in a new imperial aeon (age) ruled by a race of Satanic supermen who would colonise the solar system," the group wrote in this year's report.

what

1 hour ago, Hildegard said:

If they disbanded the police things should improve.

It would be glorious to watch the qq-ers realize fallout, but thats not what their talking about here: Defund police: Some activists call for Chicago Police Department budget cuts, rerouting money to education, social services.

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

It would be glorious to watch the qq-ers realize fallout, but thats not what their talking about here: Defund police: Some activists call for Chicago Police Department budget cuts, rerouting money to education, social services.

Like immediate defunding of police and reinvestment into education, social services and community business opportunities would immediately result in a decrease of violence and crime. It's a long term process that would last for many years if it were successful. Budget cuts and decrease of capacity of law enforcement would probably result in the inability of law enforcement to adequately respond to violent crimes in progress. Also, it's funny the argument defund the police and reinvest into the community like there is absolutely no funds in the US budget for both.  

Edited by Hildegard