Coronavirus: Triple Edition

Amentep

I found the blue disposable masks were too itchy, so I swithed to a bandana. It's more comfortable and way more stylish. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I cycle through a stack of masks lasting a week. By the time they reach the bottom they should be clear. At least, based on the science studies.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Apparently America is very near the “escape velocity” of the coronavirus.

Escape velocity is the velocity at which a rocket must reach to be able to escape the gravity pull of the planet.

So, when a virus reaches its “escape velocity”, that means that even if the federal government is finally willing to implements a draconian lockdown/shutdown for the entire country at that point, coronavirus infections and deaths will still continue to grow and not subside. Basically, at the point there is nothing the federal or state government will be able to do to put the virus under country… the virus will have already “escaped”, and it will be be beyond any possible measure to contain or control it.

Edited by ktchong

The US - no matter the political side - should be ashamed. We could have handled COVID19 better in Kanada, but   knowing our southern enighbours screw up a billion times worse  sadly makes our gov'ts look more competent than they actually are. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

When the coronavirus reaches its escape velocity in America, that also means that: even if Americans finally  wear face masks and practice social distancing, the infection and death rates will still continue to grow. 

And do not hope for "herd immunity" because it ain't coming.  The antibody -- the natural immunity someone's body develops if and when he survives the coronavirus -- for COVID 19 only lasts for about three to six months.  Which means, people who have had COVID 19 will be susceptible to reinfections in about three to six months.  The coronavirus will not "magically disappear" like Trump has been saying; the antibody and immunity will.  "Herd immunity" will not happen when the natural immunity will just "magically disappear" in a few months.  The population will not develop any meaningful or lasting immunity when the antibody expires so soon.

So, COVID 19 will reach its escape velocity in America soon, and there will not be any herd immunity.  For America, the only way to stop COVID 19 will be a vaccine and/or cure that works.

Edited by ktchong

On 7/23/2020 at 9:23 PM, ktchong said:

When the coronavirus reaches its escape velocity in America, that also means that: even if Americans finally  wear face masks and practice social distancing, the infection and death rates will still continue to grow. 

And do not hope for "herd immunity" because it ain't coming.  The antibody -- the natural immunity someone's body develops if and when he survives the coronavirus -- for COVID 19 only lasts for about three to six months.  Which means, people who have had COVID 19 will be susceptible to reinfections in about three to six months.  The coronavirus will not "magically disappear" like Trump has been saying; the antibody and immunity will.  "Herd immunity" will not happen when the natural immunity will just "magically disappear" in a few months.  The population will not develop any meaningful or lasting immunity when the antibody expires so soon.

So, COVID 19 will reach its escape velocity in America soon, and there will not be any herd immunity.  For America, the only way to stop COVID 19 will be a vaccine and/or cure that works.

You dont need to be so concerned about the future of the USA due to the appalling rejection of virus best practice by several groups that include the response from many governors, the vacuous mask denialist  and also  the BLM protests which were the most disappointing reaction to how the virus is spread. I appreciate your concern as it demonstrates patriotism 

But no country in the world will ever return to normal until we have the vaccine but you can definitely reduce the spread and prevent unnecessary deaths by following the proven virus rules like the EU and Japan have done 

But the real damage to the USA is going to be the same as all other countries that have failed to follow the correct advice, most people will get better but 3-5 % of the total effected population will sadly end up on ventilators and will die. Hospitals get overwhelmed due to lack of beds and ventilators and some people die because of this so this adds to the real negative information because now its seems the virus mortality rate is greater than it really is but the reality is its always the same small group that succumb to the virus. This is almost always the same demographic, its people older than 65 and people with a compromised immune system. Herd mentality is indeed an illusive goal because as you said we know from the comprehensive Spanish studies that the corona anti-bodies dont last but this was never a guarantee so the vaccine is the only real way to return things to normal 

But the spread in the USA wont continue once you flatten the curve, you just need to accept it takes time but it is proven science, of course this also assumes citizens will follow the best virus practices like wearing a mask and avoiding any place that is a confined area like a club or open restaurant. My fear is certain groups in the USA may still reject the science but then you just legislate mask wearing and ensure you prosecute anyone who refuses to adhere to the law  

Also this will slowdown the economic recovery of the USA which in turn impacts the worlds economic recovery 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On 7/23/2020 at 9:02 PM, ktchong said:

Apparently America is very near the “escape velocity” of the coronavirus.

Escape velocity is the velocity at which a rocket must reach to be able to escape the gravity pull of the planet.

So, when a virus reaches its “escape velocity”, that means that even if the federal government is finally willing to implements a draconian lockdown/shutdown for the entire country at that point, coronavirus infections and deaths will still continue to grow and not subside. Basically, at the point there is nothing the federal or state government will be able to do to put the virus under country… the virus will have already “escaped”, and it will be be beyond any possible measure to contain or control it.

I have never heard of this term " escape velocity " , you can reduce the spread and you always can but at a cost . You  dont need to think the virus spread is inevitable 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

10 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I have never heard of this term " escape velocity " , you can reduce the spread and you always can but at a cost . You  dont need to think the virus spread is inevitable 

That's just to score some drama points I think. His MO. Stir the pot, ignore conversation. I'm sure someone else would have called it either a critical point or a point of no return. But it sounds fancier trying to give it some kind of scientific spin even if sounds exactly like what it is. A tabloid headline.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

24 minutes ago, Gorth said:

That's just to score some drama points I think. His MO. Stir the pot, ignore conversation. I'm sure someone else would have called it either a critical point or a point of no return. But it sounds fancier trying to give it some kind of scientific spin even if sounds exactly like what it is. A tabloid headline.

Of course he is doing that., it wouldnt be ktchong if he wasnt making these types of posts :grin:

But I do find ktchong interesting because I have never met someone who consistently tries to suggest white people in a country like USA are actually the problem. And I would also argue he isnt trolling because he may really have an issue with white people and thats okay because I can have these debates without getting " offended ". Other members dont generally respond to him because they think he is trolling but sometimes he makes points that I have heard before so its not a waste of time for me to clarify where he is misunderstanding something

But what disappoints me, as you observed ,  is he doesn't ever respond which normally would mean I shouldn't engage with him because that means he has no real interest in a debate ....but Gorthfuscious  I am human and that means even I break my own rules in the interests of building better racial relationships, I should come to Oz and help you guys address racism right :teehee:

John Milton 

17 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

But what disappoints me, as you observed ,  is he doesn't ever respond which normally would mean I shouldn't engage with him because that means he has no real interest in a debate ....but Gorthfuscious  I am human and that means even I break my own rules in the interests of building better racial relationships, I should come to Oz and help you guys address racism right :teehee:

Oh, racism is officially not an issue in Australia anymore. The aboriginal people got reclassified as human beings in the 70's here (before that, they were legally classified as flora and fauna). No kidding. That's how far behind this country is in many ways.

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

7 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Oh, racism is officially not an issue in Australia anymore. The aboriginal people got reclassified as human beings in the 70's here (before that, they were legally classified as flora and fauna). No kidding. That's how far behind this country is in many ways.

I am laughing because its such a terrible description of a human being.....how do you justify that because it cannot have any real reasonable logic description 

Do the Aboriginal people still remember that as a offensive term or is it something people know is in the past?

John Milton 

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I am laughing because its such a terrible description of a human being.....how do you justify that because it cannot have any real reasonable logic description 

Do the Aboriginal people still remember that as a offensive term or is it something people know is in the past?

I'm honestly not sure what the aboriginal people think about things these days, but they happen to live in a country that is so ass backwards that it's frigging scary.

Powerful church and conservative groups dominate the political scene. It's not a surprise that it's the country that brought you things like Rupert Murdoch and his News Corporatoon. Second most disgusting thing since  "Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda".

In the meantime, aboriginal people die in droves in custody, have a disproportional representation in child sex abuse only beaten by the church and domestic violence issues and alcohol abuse you wouldn't believe. A natural consequence if a few centuries of abuse and exploitation, even going as far as forcefully remove their kids at some point and adopt away to white couples, Teach them how to live properly right? Also to breed out their "blackness" by force. You name it. They have no special rights or protection in modern Australia. Latest headlines was when one the mining companies decided that this 40000 (yes, forty thousand) year old place of worship was in the way of an expansion of an iron ore dig and simply blew it up with explosives. With the conservative party's blessing mind you, because we can't let such a thing get in the way of our main fund raisers and party donors.

• Thanks 2

do self a favor and use your favorite search engine to discover stella immanuel. is better if you learn story for self if you ain't already aware o' the recent covid-19 kerfuffle she inspired.

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So first Jack Dorsey M.D., Susan Wojcicki M.D. and Mark Zuckerberg M.D. decided they know better than actual doctors and tried to erase a video of doctors telling people about medicine and now the media lapdogs are trying to start a smear campaign against one of the doctors. Of course they chose a women because they love nothing more than attack, degrade and belittle a female that steps out of the line in their view. And Gromnir jumping that wagon immediately comes as no surprise.

166215__front.jpg

yup, would be totally different if it were a male taskforce doctor who were promoting cdc guidelines. nobody would bother mentioning stella immanuel if trump tweeted/defended her views if she were in favor o' masks or following fda guidance regarding hydroxy.

*insert eye roll*

for the nonce am gonna assume skarpy were just too low energy to bother doing a couple minutes o' internet searching and reading. dr. immanuel has a few interesting videos if such is more skarpy_one's speed.

serious, we can't imagine how dramatic would be the alt-right explosion o' vitriol and derision (deserved so)  if it were fauci who were expressing ms. immanuel's colorful and curious opinions. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

31 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

dr Immanuel has a few interesting videos

That's a new low for someone insinuating something like that...

I believe if Fauci speech would be censored by the same corporations and media would smear him in the same way the conservatives reaction would be the same as here. Conservatives stick to their believes no matter who the matter concernes. Unlike leftists like you who are throwing their pretty words about respecting women out of the window when opportunity strikes to degrade or insinuate something nasty about a women that doesn't hold your/their views.

Edited by Skarpen
Spelling

166215__front.jpg

3 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

That's a new low for someone insinuating something like that...

I believe if Fauci speech would be censored by the same corporations and media would smear him in the same way the conservatives reaction would be the same as here. Conservatives stick to their believes no matter who the matter concernes. Unlike leftists like you who are throwing their pretty words about respecting women out of the window when opportunity strikes to degrade or insinuate something nasty about a women that doesn't hold your/their views.

you are making a fool of yourself... again. either you didn't bother to search, or your grip on reality is so tenuous you cannot recognize just how loony you appear at this moment. 

has nothing to do with viewpoint and certain not gender. you brought up gender. if fauci or birx were promoting the same nonsense as dr. immanuel, we would be ridiculing them and am certain you would be.  fact you is defending dr. immanuel is revealing a flaw in your character and not Gromnir's.

honest, did you bother to search for stella immanuel info on other than what is available at breitbart? what is with the low energy folks needing be spoon fed these days?

make it easier for you. search term: demon sperm.

HA! Good Fun!

26 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

fact you is defending dr. immanuel is revealing a flaw in your character and not Gromnir's.

Defending a women being degraded by a misogyn is a flaw. Degrading women not a flaw. Got it. Thank you for insight into Gromnir world. Very informative.

166215__front.jpg

Just now, Skarpen said:

Defending a women being degraded by a misogyn is a flaw. Degrading women not a flaw. Got it. Thank you for insight into Gromnir world. Very informative.

we criticized the doctor's looniness and not her gender. you is the one fixated on gender. if it makes you feel better, we don't have a higher opinion o' skarp_one in spite o' fact we assume you are male.

am not sure what point you believe you are making, but am confident you is once again failing, am a silver lining guy, is nice that in these uncertain times there is a few things we can still depend 'pon, eh?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

we criticized the doctor's looniness and not her gender

Oh, so you think misogynists and sexists criticize the gender of the women... no wonder you don't see yourself as one and your clients and people you interact with have to point out that you are.

Let me explain misogynists and sexists criticize women because of the gender not necessarly about the gender. For example claiming a women is loony like the media do right now with the doctor and you more than gladly participate.

166215__front.jpg

Sounds like the Doctor forgot she's not in her 40k RPG.   Her promise that Christ Himself would destroy Facebook to defend her was nice. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

9 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Oh, so you think misogynists and sexists criticize the gender of the women... no wonder you don't see yourself as one and your clients and people you interact with have to point out that you are.

Let me explain misogynists and sexists criticize women because of the gender not necessarly about the gender. For example claiming a women is loony like the media do right now with the doctor and you more than gladly participate.

misogyny? you explaining misogyny? now that is funny.

btw, your straw man fails is as laughable as your defense o' dr. immanuel. given your read/write fails, tell us what we wrote or meant is a suspect proposition from start. claim a woman is loony is not misogyny unless the claim is made because she is a woman. as noted already, if fauci made same claims 'bout alien dna and demon sperm, you would be mocking fauci, and so too would Gromnir. fact you is shielding dr. immanuel and claiming you are defending viewpoint and gender integrity is transparent intellectual dishonest and just plain ridiculous. 

you cannot resurrect your fail by claiming you did so outta respect for women. skarp_one, o' all posters, is gonna look like a hypocrite making such a claim.

if in 2016 we were told potus would serious be asked a question which referenced "alien dna" during a wh briefing, we woulda' laughed it off as a joke suggestion.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2