Coronavirus: Triple Edition

Amentep

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/19/opinion/coronavirus-herd-immunity.html

...A significant number, including those with no symptoms, suffer damage to their heart and lungs. One recent study of 100 recovered adults found that 78 of them showed signs of heart damage. We have no idea whether this damage will cut years from their lives or affect their quality of life.

So the idea of returning to something akin to normal — releasing everyone from a kind of jail — is attractive, even seductive. It becomes less seductive when one examines three enormously important omissions in the declaration.

First, it makes no mention of harm to infected people in low-risk groups, yet many people recover very slowly. More serious, a significant number, including those with no symptoms, suffer damage to their heart and lungs. One recent study of 100 recovered adults found that 78 of them showed signs of heart damage. We have no idea whether this damage will cut years from their lives or affect their quality of life.

Second, it says little about how to protect the vulnerable. One can keep a child from visiting a grandparent in another city easily enough, but what happens when the child and grandparent live in the same household? And how do you protect a 25-year-old diabetic, or cancer survivor, or obese person, or anyone else with a comorbidity who needs to go to work every day? Upon closer examination, the “focused protection” that the declaration urges devolves into a kind of three-card monte; one can’t pin it down.

Third, the declaration omits mention of how many people the policy would kill. It’s a lot.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

On 10/20/2020 at 6:40 PM, Raithe said:

This is one of the many things that concern me with getting Corona, we dont know about the long term consequence to our overall sustained health

Also many countries in the EU are really going through a serious second wave of infections which doesnt bode well for the EU and the world generally. I see Spain is now saying that they have had 3 million people who had the virus or do have virus...3 times more than first thought 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-23/spain-has-3-million-coronavirus-infections-premier-sanchez-says

As I keep saying to fellow South Africans, I cannot see our lives returning to a semblance of normality until we have vaccine 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On 10/23/2020 at 10:51 PM, BruceVC said:

As I keep saying to fellow South Africans, I cannot see our lives returning to a semblance of normality until we have vaccine 

misplaced hope.

there is many reasons epidemiologists such as fauci, who is cautiously optimistic there will be multiple safe and effective vaccines by the end o' the year, has said we will need to keep basic covid-19 protocols in place for much o' 2021.

the US may have as many as 100 million doses o' vaccine available by the end o' this year. maybe. 100 mil is assuming all vaccine candidates is successes. even if there is 100 million doses, that don't mean 100 million is inoculated. multiple vaccine candidates require a second dose administered ~ one month after the initial injection. so 100 million actual means somewhere indefinite 'tween 50 million and 100 million... which ignores fact there will be production fails and distribution fails and unpredictable but nevertheless inevitable everyday human error fails which will further reduce real numbers o' possible vaccinations

also, has taken 8 months to administer 129 million covid tests in the US, and the testing efforts has been fraught with innumerable logistical issues. is not analogous situations for various reasons. tests need be administered, sent to a lab where they is processed and then results is needing be communicated back to individual tested. more complex than administering a vaccine, no? well, not so much as you will likely need go to a dr. office to get injection and the vaccines themselves is needing be stored cold... a few candidates need be stored extreme cold. is a whole host o' logistical hurdles which need be addressed by states and fed and so far the fed has not been communicating with states 'bout vaccine delivery efforts. initial vaccine efforts is gonna be a mess unless drastic changes occur... yesterday.

additional, we won't know the initial efficacy o' the vaccines save for whether they reach some kinda basement effectiveness. one candidate will be measured at minimum 50% efficacy. another will be set at 60% minimum. have explained previous, and am knowing such attempts has been fruitless, but a 50-60% effective vaccine is more than sufficient for stopping the pandemic, but only if everybody takes the vaccine (current near 50% o' people will not volunteer to take initial) and just so long as people continue to follow basic mask behaviours for months and months and months.

social distance is best, but social distance is not possible for every and all. masks and other covid-19 behaviours should continue to be routine everyday aspects o' life for the better part o' 2021, regardless o' vaccine. even if we have multiple viable vaccine candidates by the end o' this year, is a misplaced hope to see a return to anything approaching normal life before late summer or early fall o' 2021, and that is only if people actual follow guidelines. timeline will be stretched if science-challenged yahoos reuse to take vaccine or converse, take vaccine and pretend as if they no longer need follow basic covid-19 protocols 'cause they has been innoculated. 

in places such as the US and europe, something approaching normal will return w/i the next year or so but is worth recognizing the world population is in the ballpark range o' 7.8 billion. if you genuine wanna stop pandemic, you need get a significant % o' that population inoculated or everytime there is an outbreak in bangladesh or malawi, the threat o' a worldwide surge will be real. a whole lotta inoculations need occur before real normal happens.

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On 10/24/2020 at 7:51 AM, BruceVC said:

This is one of the many things that concern me with getting Corona, we dont know about the long term consequence to our overall sustained health

Yes, we don't know. And that's what the study ultimately admits -- more research is needed. Until then I'd suggest keeping your shirt on.

Where the NYT hack says "78% present signs of heart damage", the study actually says:

"A total of 78 patients who recovered from COVID-19 infection (78%) had cardiovascular involvement as detected by standardized CMR, irrespective of preexisting conditions, the severity and overall course of the COVID-19 presentation, the time from the original diagnosis, or the presence of cardiac symptoms. The most prevalent abnormality was myocardial inflammation (defined as abnormal native T1 and T2 measures), detected in 60 patients recently recovered from COVID-19 (60%)"

Involvement, not damage. This is because perimyocarditis (the most commonly found side-effect) does not necessarily entail heart damage. It is no joke and in a worst-case scenario it can kill someone, but it is generally treated simply with inflammation meds and rest. Many viral and bacterial pathogens (such as Influenza A) can cause heart inflammation, as well as some vaccines.

So, in essence, it's another trash piece written by, what's the term... a science-challenged yahoo?

As an aside, I wouldn't trust a word that comes out of the Spanish premier's mouth. His "experts committee" which informed the government decisions until July turned out to be literally a figment of his imagination. The 3 million figure comes, conveniently, just two days before a new state of emergency proclamation. The general lockdown that the article guarantees "no one is proposing" is exactly what the illustrious premier is threatening if the situation doesn't magically improve, and what the state of emergency that's intended to last until May, would allow.

• Thanks 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

1 minute ago, 213374U said:

Y

As an aside, I wouldn't trust a word that comes out of the Spanish premier's mouth. His "experts committee" which informed the government decisions until July turned out to be literally a figment of his imagination. The 3 million figure comes, conveniently, just two days before a new state of emergency proclamation. The general lockdown that the article guarantees "no one is proposing" is exactly what the illustrious premier is threatening if the situation doesn't magically improve, and what the state of emergency that's intended to last until May, would allow.

Its always good to get real views by citizens living in any country that is going through the virus so we get a balanced view and the actual reality on the ground so thanks for sharing. I always try to follow overseas pandemic updates  because we not doing a great job in SA and I want to understand how other countries are doing

But why would your PM want to implement another lockdown unless it was necessary, the real and unquestionable damage to our economies and livelihoods cannot be ignored when considering this?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

21 hours ago, Gromnir said:

misplaced hope.

there is many reasons epidemiologists such as fauci, who is cautiously optimistic there will be multiple safe and effective vaccines by the end o' the year, has said we will need to keep basic covid-19 protocols in place for much o' 2021.

You made some good points is this post and I agree with most of it

But I meant to say from a SA perspective I have been predicting we wont get the vaccine until August 2021 more or less and that wont even be for everyone. So absolutely we will have to continue with Covid protocols until then and maybe even until early 2022 but the vaccine is still  going to  be the best way for us to return in the next 12-18 months to a semblance of normality 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Just now, BruceVC said:

Y

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

21 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

You made some good points is this post and I agree with most of it

But I meant to say from a SA perspective I have been predicting we wont get the vaccine until August 2021 more or less and that wont even be for everyone. So absolutely we will have to continue with Covid protocols until then and maybe even until early 2022 but the vaccine is still  going to  be the best way for us to return in the next 12-18 months to a semblance of normality 

fair enough.

perhaps is a quibble, but am thinking is worth stressing how the epidemiologists is emphatic that the vaccine is not a cure. fauci and others are worried that far too americans (we can't speak to south africans) is confused 'bout how the vaccine will protect a population from covid-19. even after old people and healthcare workers start getting the vaccine, will be a considerable 'mount o' time 'fore we see a return to normal and that time may increase if too many people either refuse to take the vaccine or discontinue covid-19 protocols mistaken believing that the vaccine = safety. the vaccine is not a solution in the short term if people continue to behave ignorant.

perhaps a quibble, but is what we do.

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

34 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

fair enough.

perhaps is a quibble, but am thinking is worth stressing how the epidemiologists is emphatic that the vaccine is not a cure. fauci and others are worried that far too americans (we can't speak to south africans) is confused 'bout how the vaccine will protect a population from covid-19. even after old people and healthcare workers start getting the vaccine, will be a considerable 'mount o' time 'fore we see a return to normal and that time may increase if too many people either refuse to take the vaccine or discontinue covid-19 protocols mistaken believing that the vaccine = safety. the vaccine is not a solution in the short term if people continue to behave ignorant.

perhaps a quibble, but is what we do.

HA! Good Fun!

I agree about the reality  that the overall efficacy of the vaccine requires the majority of citizens to take it and that important medical objective faces real resistance in many countries on different levels 

In SA some " vaccine denialists " believe somehow that the vaccine will make you sterile ......its on the same level of ignorance as the groups of US citizens who argue " masks are a creation of the deep state "

One of my huge concerns still is without a vaccine, or somehow an eradication of the virus without a vaccine, is many people simply dont feel safe or comfortable engaging and working in the the normal way. The idea that " we can all work from home and this is a new model of working " is not helpful for many business sectors and is definitely not sustainable in these same sectors. I have personally see new business down  to  40 % in most SA financial companies  and sales driven sectors that  require complex solutions and tenders. Many listed companies globally are going to fail to meet there yearly targets and this has a real negative impact to all our economies

So we need the vaccine to give people confidence that they can return to work and engage within our societies meaningfully and constructively 

John Milton 

22 hours ago, BruceVC said:

But why would your PM want to implement another lockdown unless it was necessary, the real and unquestionable damage to our economies and livelihoods cannot be ignored when considering this?

Special powers allow the government to largely bypass the straitjacket of, uh, the rule of law. Contrary to the version the media are peddling, the government is not bound to respect the stated intention and self-imposed limits to the powers granted by the state of alarm declaration. They claimed it's only to be applied to certain regions, and only to impose certain restrictions, but legally that's hogwash. There are no such limitations. The last state of alarm saw the government abuse its special powers to push through decrees and rules that had little or nothing to do with 'rona — which was deliberate because otherwise they would have been torn to pieces by Parliament. And seeing as how pushback against this overreach was marginal at best and the population largely supports kicking limits on executive power to the curb, I can guarantee that we'll see even more of that. After the state of alarm ceased last time, they pledged to make legislative efforts to avoid resorting to exceptional constitutional measures. Instead, they went on vacation and did **** all. Four months later, new state of alarm.

TL;DR: what politician would say no to more power?

• Thanks 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/oct/26/melbourne-to-reopen-after-more-than-four-months-of-covid-lockdown

Some good news around the pandemic, Melbourne has reopened. Hopefully they stay safe but well done Victoria province and Oz generally for this :thumbsup:🍛

John Milton 

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/10/fda-approves-remdesivir-for-covid-19-but-global-study-finds-it-doesnt-work/

The US Food and Drug Administration on Thursday issued a full approval of the antiviral drug remdesivir for treating COVID-19—just days after a massive global study concluded that the drug provides no benefit.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So the region I and @Pidesco (Unless he's moved 🤔) live in here in Sweden has seen a surge in Corona cases, and we've recieved some new local restrictions. I'm posting it here, because 1. I don't know how much Pidesco follows Swedish news, and 2. because someone might find it remotely interesting.

https://www.gp.se/nyheter/västsverige/lokala-restriktioner-mot-corona-införs-i-västra-götaland-1.36293930

Allmänhet:

• Avstå från att vistas i inomhusmiljöer som butiker, köpcentrum, museer, bibliotek, badhus och gym. Nödvändiga besök i exempelvis livsmedelsbutiker och apotek kan göras.

• Avstå från att delta i exempelvis möten, konserter, föreställningar, idrottsträningar, matcher och tävlingar. Detta gäller dock inte idrottsträningar för barn och unga födda 2005 eller senare.

• Om möjligt undvika att ha fysisk kontakt med andra personer än de som man bor tillsammans med. Det innebär bland annat en avrådan från att arrangera eller delta i en fest eller liknande socialt umgänge.

Verksamheter:

• Alla verksamheter bör vidta åtgärder så att var och en ska kunna följa de allmänna råden vid lokala utbrott av covid-19. Det kan till exempel innebära att verksamheten minimerar antalet besökare vid samma tidpunkt.

Arbetsgivare:

• Arbetsgivare bör vidta åtgärder för att anställda ska kunna följa de allmänna råden vid lokala utbrott av covid-19. Det kan vara åtgärder som att uppmana personalen att arbeta hemifrån, erbjuda utökade förutsättningar för att arbeta hemifrån och att tjänsteresor, konferenser och andra fysiska möten skjuts upp.

Råden börjar gälla från och med torsdagen, 29 oktober.

Källa: Folkhälsomyndigheten

For the public;

•     Refrain from being inside shops, malls, museums, libraries, public baths and gyms. Necessary visits to foodstores and apotecarys can be done.
  •     Refrain from taking part of meetings, concerts, shows, training in sports, matches and contests. This does not apply to children and young born 2005 or later. (Didn't know we had raised the legal abortion age to 15? Look at that, you learn something new every day)
  •     If at all possible, avoid physical contact with people other than those you live with. This means it's adviced against holding or participating in parties or other social events.

The other points refer to shop owners and employers to make sure that people can follow these guidelines.

Edited by Azdeus
Went full wonk. Again. -.-
  • Thanks 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

So the region I and @Pidesco (Unless he's moved 🤔) live in here in Sweden has seen a surge in Corona cases, and we've recieved some new local restrictions. I'm posting it here, because 1. I don't know how much Pidesco follows Swedish news, and 2. because someone might find it remotely interesting.

https://www.gp.se/nyheter/västsverige/lokala-restriktioner-mot-corona-införs-i-västra-götaland-1.36293930

Reveal hidden contents

Allmänhet:

• Avstå från att vistas i inomhusmiljöer som butiker, köpcentrum, museer, bibliotek, badhus och gym. Nödvändiga besök i exempelvis livsmedelsbutiker och apotek kan göras.

• Avstå från att delta i exempelvis möten, konserter, föreställningar, idrottsträningar, matcher och tävlingar. Detta gäller dock inte idrottsträningar för barn och unga födda 2005 eller senare.

• Om möjligt undvika att ha fysisk kontakt med andra personer än de som man bor tillsammans med. Det innebär bland annat en avrådan från att arrangera eller delta i en fest eller liknande socialt umgänge.

Verksamheter:

• Alla verksamheter bör vidta åtgärder så att var och en ska kunna följa de allmänna råden vid lokala utbrott av covid-19. Det kan till exempel innebära att verksamheten minimerar antalet besökare vid samma tidpunkt.

Arbetsgivare:

• Arbetsgivare bör vidta åtgärder för att anställda ska kunna följa de allmänna råden vid lokala utbrott av covid-19. Det kan vara åtgärder som att uppmana personalen att arbeta hemifrån, erbjuda utökade förutsättningar för att arbeta hemifrån och att tjänsteresor, konferenser och andra fysiska möten skjuts upp.

For the public;

•     Refrain from being inside shops, malls, museums, libraries, public baths and gyms. Necessary visits to foodstores and apotecarys can be done.
  •     Refrain from taking part of meetings, concerts, shows, training in sports, matches and contests. This does not apply to children and young born 2005 or later. (Didn't know we had raised the legal abortion age to 15? Look at that, you learn something new every day)
  •     If at all possible, avoid physical contact with people other than those you live with. This means it's adviced against holding or participating in parties or other social events.

The other points refer to shop owners and employers to make sure that people can follow these guidelines.

every pandemic in recent history has had a resurgence 6-8 months following the first. europe suffered their covid-19 exposure a couple months after china in the spring. the US got hit ~one month after europe. china was facing a serious second wave in june-july but they promptly reimposed harsh social distancing measures in multiple areas. any shock europe is being hit hard today? 

this resurgence were complete and utter predictable. is one reason why the epidemiologists were begging people to get numbers down as much as possible in the summer 'cause the predictable resurgence would be a multiplication o' existing cases. 

curiously, the fox news and breitbart folks somehow look at the current situation as evidence that wearing masks and social distancing is, at best, ineffectual.

science challenged yahoos.

Fox News Hosts Downplay Coronavirus, but Network Brass Take It Very Seriously, Memo Shows

so maybe less science challenged and more a matter o' a callous and mercenary hypocrisy.

HA! Good Fun!

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

every pandemic in recent history has had a resurgence 6-8 months following the first. europe suffered their covid-19 exposure a couple months after china in the spring. the US got hit ~one month after europe. china was facing a serious second wave in june-july but they promptly reimposed harsh social distancing measures in multiple areas. any shock europe is being hit hard today? 

this resurgence were complete and utter predictable. is one reason why the epidemiologists were begging people to get numbers down as much as possible in the summer 'cause the predictable resurgence would be a multiplication o' existing cases. 

curiously, the fox news and breitbart folks somehow look at the current situation as evidence that wearing masks and social distancing is, at best, ineffectual.

science challenged yahoos.

Fox News Hosts Downplay Coronavirus, but Network Brass Take It Very Seriously, Memo Shows

so maybe less science challenged and more a matter o' a callous and mercenary hypocrisy.

HA! Good Fun!

Yeah, I was at the store last night, and I had to actively keep telling people to step back, told one to please use the tweezers to pick up the pastries instead of her fingers aswell (Not a major vector supposedly, but for ****s sake.. People don't really care. I did get a thank you from an old lady so that felt nice.

Counterproposal; science challenged, callous, mercenary hippocrates?

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Counterproposal; science challenged, callous, mercenary hippocrates?

y'know, am suspecting this were an auto spellcheck error, but it kinda works.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Azdeus said:

"Invitation"? "Advice"? "Urge to give up"?

Perhaps you can clarify. Are those actual bans on activities? Is there any penalty for not observing restrictions? I get that government trust levels in Sweden are rather high and so maybe simply "invitations" and polite requests are enough to make people change their behavior, but the way that's worded is really weird to me if those are actual rules people don't get to use their own discretion about.

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

y'know, am suspecting this were an auto spellcheck error, but it kinda works.

HA! Good Fun!

Haha! It was, I started writing it on my phone, but I got so annoyed by it spellchecking, so I just mailed the text to myself, than one snuck by me 😂

1 hour ago, 213374U said:

"Invitation"? "Advice"? "Urge to give up"?

Perhaps you can clarify. Are those actual bans on activities? Is there any penalty for not observing restrictions? I get that government trust levels in Sweden are rather high and so maybe simply "invitations" and polite requests are enough to make people change their behavior, but the way that's worded is really weird to me if those are actual rules people don't get to use their own discretion about.

No, they aren't bans, it's not illegal really, with the exception of holding public gatherings with more than 50 people. If you do hold a public gathering with more than 50 people you will get fined and up to 6 months in jail.

https://www.regeringen.se/artiklar/2020/03/andring-i-forordning-om-forbud-mot-att-halla-allmanna-sammankomster-och-offentliga-tillstallningar/

"Vad är skillnaden mellan förbud enligt ordningslagen och Folkhälsomyndighetens allmänna råd?

Förbudet enligt den förordning som regeringen nu meddelat med stöd av ordningslagen avser allmänna sammankomster och offentliga tillställningar med fler än 50 deltagare. En arrangör som bryter mot förbudet kan dömas till böter eller fängelse i högst sex månader.

Det finns inget motsvarande straffansvar eller annan sanktion kopplat till Folkhälsomyndighetens råd och rekommendationer. Det är dock viktigt att allmänheten följer råden och rekommendationerna och tar ansvar för att minska risken för smittspridning."

--------

"What is the difference between prohibitions according to the law and the Public health organizations(FHM) common advices?

The prohibition according to the regulation that the government has stated with support of the law refers to public gatherings and events with more than 50 participants. An organizer that violates the prohibitions can be sentenced to fine or prison for up to six months.

There is no equivalent criminal liability or other sanction connected to FHM recommendations and guidelines. Though it is important that the public follows these guidelines and recommendations and take responsibility to reduce the risk of contagion"

So, yeah. That's about it. The translation is far from perfect, I am a bit tired but that's the gist of it.

I should add though, that we do have contagion laws. So if you've got corona, and deliberately don't self isolate, you will get in trouble with the law.

Edited by Azdeus
It went wonk again. -.-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Reveal hidden contents

Allmänhet:

Verksamheter:

Arbetsgivare:

For the public;

Yes, I still live here, and have been working from home and avoiding public places since March. Only the kids go out regularly to go to school, which seems unnecessary. We got some info, through a third party, a few days ago that a kid at their school tested positive. Apparently they won't even quarantine the kid's class, and everything will continue as normal, with some limited, mostly ineffectual measures to maintain social distance. The passiveness on display is a bit unnerving. 

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

7 hours ago, Pidesco said:

Yes, I still live here, and have been working from home and avoiding public places since March. Only the kids go out regularly to go to school, which seems unnecessary. We got some info, through a third party, a few days ago that a kid at their school tested positive. Apparently they won't even quarantine the kid's class, and everything will continue as normal, with some limited, mostly ineffectual measures to maintain social distance. The passiveness on display is a bit unnerving. 

That is definetly disturbing, though to be honest not at all unexpected. I'm glad to hear you're keeping safe though!

Edit; I got greatly annoyed by a coworker of mine that told me he was going to a party this weekend so "get some ""siil"".. Bad timing dude.

Edited by Azdeus

• Thanks 1

I would be interested to see how well it can differentiate Covid-19 from other respiratory diseases.

Indicator AI are very good to spot disease indicators as long as they don't need to pick multiple diseases fitting in same indicators, as it is often quite difficult to find such indicators from the data which you can taught to the AI as it isn't usually that clear to researchers that they could say for sure what indicators differentiate diseases from each other.