I've been thinking, which region would be the one with the most possibilities for the story to continue. And I think, unless new things happen elsewhere, it would be one of two:

1- Rauatai:

With the end of storms across the region, it is a place where there can be many changes. But it is true, that it would be repetitive to be again in a country of aumaua.

2- Yezuha:

This region that Rekke presents us, presents us with something new. A land where the "gods" of Eora have not promulgated their doctrines. And also, being a country unknown to the rest of the powers, there would be many conflicts. The Republics would fight for trade, Rauatai may have tried to conquer it, and Aedir would send missionaries and inquisitors to bring them the "true" faith.

What is your opinion? Or also ... In which region would you like the game to take place?

7 hours ago, Isewein said:

I really enjoyed the Renaissance aspect of the setting, which is something you don't often see in Fantasy, so I would love to see the Vailian Republics.

I would love Old Vailia for my part.

I imagine crumbling cities with civilisation stronghold in some quarters, decadence, weird cults, buried secrets, powerful and rich families warring against each others.

Well, and Ships and Firearms. Maybe we had enough of this.

I would love to see the Living Lands. It sounds like a really wild setting, where you literally might find anything in the next valley. As the wiki puts it:

The Living Lands is a frontier island area in the far north; a land of wild weather, strange beasts, and hundreds of difficult-to-reach valleys containing oddities never before seen (according to the people who find them) by mortals. It is a lawless land where communities band together, fall apart, and fight petty wars with each other constantly. The territory has a reputation for breeding oddballs and madmen.

@Theonlygarby  There are a couple of world maps floating around. this thread is a good starting point

14 hours ago, SubRosa said:

I would love to see the Living Lands. It sounds like a really wild setting, where you literally might find anything in the next valley. As the wiki puts it:

The Living Lands is a frontier island area in the far north; a land of wild weather, strange beasts, and hundreds of difficult-to-reach valleys containing oddities never before seen (according to the people who find them) by mortals. It is a lawless land where communities band together, fall apart, and fight petty wars with each other constantly. The territory has a reputation for breeding oddballs and madmen.

@Theonlygarby  There are a couple of world maps floating around. this thread is a good starting point

From the maps i've seen on that thread i could see a rauatai/living lands setting.  I dont see Living Lands being the only lands you see in POE3.  Story wise i feel like after POE2, Rauatai is the most changed continent.  Also its close enough to the living lands that you could spend some of the game there.

8 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

By the way, PoE3 would probably require a canon faction controlling Ukaizo. This would have a great effect on how to choose the setting (or the contrary, the dev can do what they want).

I don't think it really matters who controls Ukaizo.  Unless you visit ukaizo, its only dialog that would change depending on who controls it. Rauatai storms end regardless of your choice.  Old Vailia is the only one that i think would affect an entire region as they now have a new capital.  I highly doubt we will be visiting old vailia anyways.  Rauatai's kingdom still exists regardless, Vailian Trading Company still has their settlements everywhere.  And if the queen controls the region... then nothing really changes.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the location would be something least relevant to Pillars of Eternity 2 factions, in order to mitigate the effect of ending choice as much as possible.  Otherwise, it would require immense effort to set up the environment based on PoE2 endings.

The location should be Ixamitl, Living Lands where the story can be created anew.

Edited by ekt0
  • Like 1

I'm thinking about Aedyr, Old Valia and Rautai. I mean, if Pillars of Eternity III is ever going to become a thing, it will most likely be something of a grand ending to the franchise and the action could took place in one of the "Big Boys", as I tend to call those three. Big nations, two of them were also important players during the events of Deadfire. I'll place my bet on Aedyr Empire, because so far it had the least influence on our actions and vice versa. Both Vallia and Rautai sent their trading companies, because each of them had a big goal in mind. Some of us sided with them and helped completing it, and during that time, we could experience and learn a bit about their culture. Queen's Reach and Brass Citadel in Neketaka were like miniature versions of Valia (I know the difference between OV and Republics, but I think they're culturally close enoguh) and Rautai. Meanwhile, big old Aedyr is still there, almost untouched (even if it's your place of origin, most of the information is learned from books and Aloth).

My personal favorite would be Ixamitl and then the Living Lands.

I really liked the parts of GoT that handled the eastern parts of the world (Dothraki stuff especially) and I somehow get those vibes from Ixamitl. 

Don't think it's grogs' favorite setting though...?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods