Deadfire removed from Geforce NOW ?

So I was playing Deadfire, which runs poorly as *** on my PC, on Geforce NOW. It was running flawlessly until yesterday.

Then today, I cannot find it anymore. Since Microsoft Studio was removed late April, I guess this was expected... Still, a bit strange since PoE1 is still there.

As PoE1 was published by Paradox, I guess that explains it. But is Microsoft taking over Versus Evil as the publisher of Deadfire ?

Obsidian did not opt-in for Deadfire to remain on Geforce NOW before the May 31st deadline.

Geforce NOW no longer supports any games that the developer did not specifically opt-in for.

It looks like they did for PoE1 but not PoE2 for whatever reason.

I too was playing using geforce now on my 10 year old computer.  It can run it on its own, but SUPER stuttery. 

I've googled around, but don't see anything other options for streaming it.  Anyone know if I'm missing something.  I own it on Steam, so the future Xbox option won't help. 

It would have been cool if there had been a warning from geforce. 

3 hours ago, howardtaft said:

I too was playing using geforce now on my 10 year old computer.  It can run it on its own, but SUPER stuttery. 

I've googled around, but don't see anything other options for streaming it.  Anyone know if I'm missing something.  I own it on Steam, so the future Xbox option won't help. 

It would have been cool if there had been a warning from geforce. 

They announced publicaly last Wednesday (27 May, 2020), but didn't say when they started alerting publishers. However, at the time of the announcement, there were already 2k+ games that devs had opted-in, which would likely mean a few days or weeks.

That one game has been opted-in and one hasn't for the series is confusing to me but it hopefully was just a timing issue and this coming Thursday will have Deadfire back on Geforce.

33 minutes ago, Aerethiel said:

Hopefully. I guess this is a publisher decision ? So this is in the hands of Versus Evil for PoE2 and was in Paradox hands for PoE1..

Yeah you nailed it, there are a lot of Paradox games on the service but I wasn't able to find any Versus Evil games. Guess this will make ownership rights even more important going forward for developers and might make crowdfunding an even bigger draw

• 3 years later...