I am currently playing a SC monk, and just reached level 16. Needless to say I took Resonant Touch, as I have read how great it is. However, I can't really figure out how it works. The ability's description seems to indicate that you apply it to a target, and then, at a time of your choosing, activate it, triggering a raw damage AOE dependent on the number of stacks the foe has. However, when I activate the ability a large AOE is indicated. Is resonant touch applied to every foe in the AOE when I activate it? It doesn't seem that this is what actually happens. It usually seems to only apply to one foe, when engaged in single target unarmed combat at least. And I have no idea how to trigger it. If I press the ability icon again, it just seems to reapply the ability.

I didn't realize this, Noqn, thanks. So there's no need to activate the ability initially, just later once stacks have been applied. I gather that the raw damage is determined by your STR at the moment you activate it, right? I ask because my MC is a Helwalker, and his STR thus varies considerably.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgray62 said:

I didn't realize this, Noqn, thanks. So there's no need to activate the ability initially, just later once stacks have been applied. I gather that the raw damage is determined by your STR at the moment you activate it, right? I ask because my MC is a Helwalker, and his STR thus varies considerably.

It's affected by all dmg bonuses, like potion of final stand, human fighting spirit. Theoretically you could add some from items (like chromo staff)but it's hard to pull off.

• Thanks 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

The power is that even tiny damaging attack rolls lead to the same raw dmg stacks. So a blunderbuss for example adds 4 stacks while an arquebus only adds 1 per shot.

That's why I loke mortars with Whisper of the Winds so much. Against a group of enemies you will apply so many small dmg hits that in itself might be enough to kill enemies - but the cumulated stacks of RT are superdevastating then. Also works well with Swift-Flurry/Heartbeat-Drumming chains and Sun & Moon for example.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thanks! My SC monk just reached lvl 19 yesterday, and WoW is just so incredible. He can wipe out trash mobs with one WoW circuits with bare fists. For the tougher foes, I use dual mortars as you've often suggested, Boeroer. They have so many resonant stacks that this ability wipes out any who survive the WoW onslaught. I'm about to head to Kazuwari start SSS to get Keeper of the Flame, so that I can try the Keeper of the Flame/Scordeo's edge/saint's war armor combo as well.

• Like 1