Here is a link to a google doc that lists (almost) every build after 09 May 2019.

Builds listed follow two criteria:

1. It had commentary after 09 May 2019.

2. It is mostly plug and play. These boards are a veritable treasure trove of Deadfire knowledge, but most people won't bother reading any of it. Builds listed must be mostly playable after less a minute of reading.

If it follows these two rules, the build is listed. Little to no curation has been done on my part.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10yKVvE3jHyu9uHso-dAtwV7jrL7K3jdBP3pxVgH1gpM/edit?usp=sharing

I've been a lurker here for many years. Thanks to everyone asking questions and answering!

Edited by EustaceSpacey
thanks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rimiu said:

@thelee 's builds would also be up to date. I think they're on gamefaqs. One of them is linked here but wasn't updated I think?

Yeah, it was just a bit too annoying to keep two different things with different formatting code in sync. So my gamefaqs guide is the one that has the up-to-date build. It's quite a bit of a read (but comes with a lot of mechancis lessons). The other two are less of a big read.

• Like 2

There seems to be a misconception of the term "evidence".

It's a list for builds that can do the Ultimate Challenge. Thus the amount of builds on this specific lists says nothing about the interest in making builds for this game at all. There's zero causal relationship. 

It's just circumstancial evidence that there's little to no interest in posting builds for the Ulitmate Challenge in this thread. 

Whoops this isn't a list for the ultimate challenge but an ultimate list. Got fooled. Forget what I was saying.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

6 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

It's a list for builds that can do the Ultimate Challenge.

Are you sure? It sounded like the word ultimate was just used for emphasis. I mean one of the 2 main critera is just that it was commented on.

Anyway: there are 52 builds on that list. Doesn't seem like "so few" to me. "No interest" looks differetly as far as I'm concerned.

If you compare it to the potential multiclass combos then sure, it's less than that - but those are 110 without taking subclasses into account if I'm not mistaken. With subclasses the potential multiclass combinations are like... don't know... not willing to compute that (4 subclasses at least, Paladins, Priests and Wizards significantly more). Over 5 million or so? ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

When the game was released somebody calculated that there are a bit over 1000 classes ( all single classes and all combinations of sub classes).

This was before they added an additional sub class for every class later.

I was a little confused too when I read the title. This is not a list of chars who did the ultimate achievement. These are all class builds from the original build thread plus class builds that have been posted later. I think it should get pinned instead of the original thread.

A different name might have been better, like "Full list of all character builds posted in this forum" or something like this.

• Like 1

It's not supertrivial to calculate. Not only because some classes have more than 4 subclasses but also because the subclasses of any base class can't be multiclasses with each other (like Trickster/Streetfighter for example).

"A bit over 1000" still seems to be a good approximation. 

If there were only 4 sub-classes for every class it would be 11*10/2 possible ways to pick 2 classes, times 5*5 possible sub-classes (including no sub class) per combination for 1375 combinations, plus 55 single-classes for 1430 classes, but given that there's a few classes with more than 4 subclasses it may be something closer to 2000.

Excluding companion subclasses...

5 Barbarian
5 Chanter
5 Cipher
5 Druid
5 Fighter
5 Monk
6 Paladin
6 Priest
5 Ranger
5 Rogue
7 Wizard

Single-Class Variations + Multi-Class Combinations - Inter-Class Combinations

(5*8 + 6*2 + 7) + C(5*8 + 6*2 + 7, 2) - ( C(5,2)*8 + C(6,2)*2 + C(7,2) )

59 + C(59, 2) - C(5,2)*8 - C(6,2)*2 - C(7,2)

59 + 1711 - 10*8 - 15*2 - 21

1 639

Edited by Noqn
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Noqn said:

Excluding companion subclasses...

5 Barbarian
5 Chanter
5 Cipher
5 Druid
5 Fighter
5 Monk
6 Paladin
6 Priest
5 Ranger
5 Rogue
7 Wizard

Single-Class Variations + Multi-Class Combinations - Inter-Class Combinations

(5*8 + 6*2 + 7) + C(5*8 + 6*2 + 7, 2) - ( C(5,2)*8 + C(6,2)*2 + C(7,2) )

59 + C(59, 2) - C(5,2)*8 - C(6,2)*2 - C(7,2)

59 + 1711 - 10*8 - 15*2 - 21

1 639

Good work,

Next question now :

Now how many builds are theoritically possible given ability variation ?
Don't forget some subclasses are forbidden specific abilities. And some abilities are common for the 2 classes from a single multiclass.
Time to wish good luck then 🙂 !

Edit : And now what if we add item variability ? (don't forget consumables, that counts, ahahaha some items even open additional consumable slots !)

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Haha 1

Perhaps I should have named it the 5.0+ Build Compendium. The ultimate is in reference to the Ultimate Patch as opposed to the Ultimate achievement. And there are plenty of builds floating around, especially ones that are still playable from before 5.0.

Additionally, spending just a little time reading on these boards, you can easily come up with interesting builds based on the dozens of notes posted by, for example, Boeroer.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, EustaceSpacey said:

Perhaps I should have named it the 5.0+ Build Compendium. The ultimate is in reference to the Ultimate Patch as opposed to the Ultimate achievement. And there are plenty of builds floating around, especially ones that are still playable from before 5.0.

Additionally, spending just a little time reading on these boards, you can easily come up with interesting builds based on the dozens of notes posted by, for example, Boeroer.

for extra credit, a lot of the builds that aren't explicitly touched recently or good for 5.0+ are probably still viable (only really gimmicky/metagamey builds or builds made for 1.0ish will likely have fallen out of viability), but it'd be a lot of work to go through everything to see what still works or not.