I cannot find Pallegina anywhere. When I went to the palace for the first time, I got Maia as a companion. Count Nichese protested, and said he should be able to do the same. Then the Rauatai Hazanui said he'd have plenty of time to insert a spy in my ranks later.  Count Nichese said I should come talk to him. The scene ended, and the Vailians, Rauatian's, Queen, etc... all vanished. I went to the Vailian Trade Company HQ in Queen's Berth. The Count was nowhere to be found, nor was Pallegina.

I used a custom legacy for this game, and I cannot remember what choices I set for Pallegina. I did not meet her in the street in Queen's Berth like I have read happens if she failed her quest in PoE1. So I assumed I would meet her in the palace.

I tried going back to my save from before I entered the palace, and it still plays out exactly the same, with no sign of her. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a console command to spawn her?

Edited by SubRosa

Was the custom legacy from an actual game - I did this and discovered that if you have a character die during that game (and is not available to raise again) they will not show up in the Deadfire if you use that game for a legacy.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

If everything works as intented:
1) If Pallegina remained in Valian service at the end of PoE1 you will find her in the Palance in PoE2 and she will join your party together with Maia.

2) If Pallegina was exiled at the end of PoE1, you will first encounter her in Queens Berth, and then you will be able to pick her up from Valian's Embassy after your visit to the Palace.
3) All companions that died in PoE1 stay that way in PoE2.
4) I don't know what happens if you never encountered Pallegina in PoE1. 

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

4) I don't know what happens if you never encountered Pallegina in PoE1. 

It's kind of hard not to encounter her in PoE1 unless you avoid half of Ondra's gift. My solo runner met her but never recruited; she can be hired in the Palace and later in the Embassy and acts really cold, like there's bad blood between her and the Watcher.

But it's probably the same  like with Aloth and Eder -- if you never met them in PoE1, you don't meet them in Deadfire.

11 hours ago, wanderon said:

Was the custom legacy from an actual game - I did this and discovered that if you have a character die during that game (and is not available to raise again) they will not show up in the Deadfire if you use that game for a legacy.

It was a legacy I created rather than imported from a save. I did it so long ago that I don't remember what I put down for Pallegina. I know I did not say she died. I cannot remember if I said she followed orders or not. Or if I said I never met her. I am pretty sure I did say I met her though, because I did want to have her for companion.

From the googling I did, there does not seem to be any way to go back and see what choices you made in your saved legacies either. I found the file (I saved the custom legacy) and tried to open it with Notepad++ and a hex editor. But it is all just gibberish.

In the googling I did, I found one person who seems to have had the same issue, and she just magically appeared at the Vailian Trade Company headquarters after a very long time. So maybe I am having the same issue as them.

Edited by SubRosa

A Little Hint: Especially the companions who has a relationship with any faction, could leave your party permanently. In this case, if you do 'bad things' to a Vailian or a Vailian Corporation while you have her in the party; Pallegina may leave.

Of course you need to find her first. And pay attention which save you have uploaded, the characters who died in the first game will not return.

Edited by Hallacson