Hello, I am new to Pillars Of Eternity games. But I played many RPG's and I know how build mechanics work. But in this game (PoE1), I have no idea about classes, races, weapons and combat mechanics. So, here comes the RGB-Ultra-Mega-Long question Train. Fhuff fhuffffff;

• I want to play sneak build, ranged or melee doesn't matter I just want to play sneak. Build suggestions?

• I don't like having party in any game so I wonder if it's possible to go solo with assassin? If it is possible, I need build suggestions again.

• Will combat mechanic be hard for me because I only played FPS and TPS before?

• And is there any good website that includes builds, guides etc.

-end of the train fhuff fhufff-

On 5/23/2020 at 3:05 PM, mesengoz said:

Hello, I am new to Pillars Of Eternity games. But I played many RPG's and I know how build mechanics work. But in this game (PoE1), I have no idea about classes, races, weapons and combat mechanics. So, here comes the RGB-Ultra-Mega-Long question Train. Fhuff fhuffffff;

• I want to play sneak build, ranged or melee doesn't matter I just want to play sneak. Build suggestions?

• I don't like having party in any game so I wonder if it's possible to go solo with assassin? If it is possible, I need build suggestions again.

• Will combat mechanic be hard for me because I only played FPS and TPS before?

• And is there any good website that includes builds, guides etc.

-end of the train fhuff fhufff-

Stealth is only possible outside of combat by any class that puts points after level up in it. It's for avoiding fights or just scouting if you are not familiar with the game.

Rogue is the only option if you want to have a ability, that makes you invisible in combat (shadowing beyond), it's just for new positioning or escape combat. You can solo the game with it, but you have to pull enemies very often, because rogue is very squishy, but deals a lot of damage.

I recommend to use this build:

You don't need to play on potd / expert mode or trial of iron, but the item and skill choices are pretty good and when it works on the highest difficulty, it will work in your run as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, baldurs_gate_2 said:

Stealth is only possible outside of combat by any class that puts points after level up in it. It's for avoiding fights or just scouting if you are not familiar with the game.

Rogue is the only option if you want to have a ability, that makes you invisible in combat (shadowing beyond), it's just for new positioning or escape combat. You can solo the game with it, but you have to pull enemies very often, because rogue is very squishy, but deals a lot of damage.

I recommend to use this build:

You don't need to play on potd / expert mode or trial of iron, but the item and skill choices are pretty good and when it works on the highest difficulty, it will work in your run as well.

Thanks for the build suggestion :)

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

For one invisibility use per encounter check out Cape of the Master Mystic.

There's another items that can give you an additional use of Shadowing Beyond: Nightshroud

Okay, thanks for that gear suggestions But I have 2 more questions;

* Can I solo the game with Mage? If I can, can you share a build for 3.0+?

* Do you think I should use Party Members in early game?

12 hours ago, mesengoz said:

Okay, thanks for that gear suggestions But I have 2 more questions;

* Can I solo the game with Mage? If I can, can you share a build for 3.0+?

* Do you think I should use Party Members in early game?

You can solo the game with any class.

Guide: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88227-class-build-solo-ice-wizard-coldhearth/

On 5/25/2020 at 3:12 AM, Boeroer said:

For one invisibility use per encounter check out Cape of the Master Mystic.

There's another items that can give you an additional use of Shadowing Beyond: Nightshroud

Just to point out, those are not beginning of game items. Don't expect them for the first 10 levels or so. Maybe even later for Cape of teh master mystic.

True. 

By the way: with enough stealth and a reach weapon you can wait behind your buddies until the enemies make contact with your frontline. You will still be stealthed and can do a Backstab (+Sneak Attack). That way you remove the need to steer your "stealthy" rogue towards enemies and then (after Backstabbing) have to flee in panic because they all want to pierce your squishy guts.

Also works with ranged weapons (as long as you don't fire too early but wait until enemies are <= 2m near).

Also note that when using melee weapons + Backstab: it's the command of attack that counts, not the actual time when the attack hits (dirrerent from Deadfire!). As long as you were stealthed while commanding the attack (clicking on the enemy) your attack will be a Backstab - even if you unstealth accidentally on the way to your target. So you don't even need a stellar stealth skill to pull off Backstabs (with a melee weapon). With ranged weapons it's not the case because if you command the attack from far away your char will simply stop and shoot from afar - and get no backstab bonus.

Best weapons for Backstabs are heavy hitters - like an arquebus (from 2m range or lower) for example or even a blunderbuss (if enemies' DR is not too high). But also Firebrand (see Forgemaster Gloves or Belt of the Royal Deadfire Cannoneer) and Tidefall are very good backstabbing weapons (only that FIrebrand has to be used from invisibility because summoning it breaks stealth so it's not a good alpha-striker from stealth but devastating from invisibility). In general two handed weapons are better than one handed ones. Sadly daggers and all other light weapons are not. :( The implementation of Backstab (which is an additive damage bonus calculated on the weapon's base damage) prevents this.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods