Severe mouse click lag

xcman04

Question

Hey everyone,

Tried coming back to PoE 2 after a year-long absence, but I'm encountering a gamebreaking issue where the game either ignores my mouse clicks or it takes five to ten seconds for the game to register the clicks. I searched online and and saw this was a big issue back in 2018, but I never had any problem with it up to around July of last year when I stopped playing. I've restarted my computer, switched mice, turned off the Steam overlay...nothing works.

Anyone know how I restore full mouse functionality? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by xcman04

2 answers to this question

Greetings xcman04! I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing input lag with Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. I see that disabling your Steam overlay didn't seem to help at all. Next, I recommend checking the games language settings in Steam for some reason some players are set to no language, and when they set it to English, it solves the problem. To change this right-click on POE II: Deadfire select properties. After that, click on the language tab, and if your game isn't already set to English, select the drop-down and pick English. Lastly, close out of that menu and start the game to see if the problem is resolved. If it isn't fixed, some users mentioned that lowering the polling rate on their mouse has helped with this issue as well. 

If either of the solutions don't work, please create a support ticket by contacting us at support@obsidian.net as this forum is not an official support channel. 

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

Thank you, and have a good day.

• Thanks 1

Thanks cstanick! I did a little more research, and I found another workaround that seems to do the trick. If I run the game outside of Steam by opening the app itself from the local file, as opposed to running it in Steam, the mouse lag goes away completely. This worked for someone back in 2019 (right after I took a break from the game) and its definitely working for me. Even though I've turned off the Steam overlay and set my language to English, the issue still happens within Steam, so it seems to be a Steam-specific issue.

Just happy I can play the game again!

• Thanks 1