which build usually better for party.  evoker vs blood mage,  also is it recommend to multiclass with either?  if so which class/subclass.

as for stats, i understand perception, intel, dex, might in this order?

i heard bloodmage+helwalker is good? 

Edited by s002wjh

I prefer Blood Mage. Is much more versatile. AND sustainable.

Evoker is missing many very important spells IMO.

For Blood Mage Con/Per/Int, then Dex IMO. You want a good health buffer to be able to recover many spells before needing a heal AND to safely float below 50% hp as a human to have perma Fighting Spirit (+7 Accuracy and +15% damage is similar to 7 points of Per and 5 points of Might...).

Personally I'd not risk playing a Helwalker Blood Mage. Helwalker's increased damage also affects Blood Sacrifice self-damage.

In general I don't see a compelling reason to play a Blood Mage as a gish-type character (martial caster). A Blood Mage should never run out of spells to cast... and spells generally should be more impactful then weapon attacks.

Pure would be fine, I think. For multiclassing I'm rather fond of my Blood Mage Assassin character. +25 spell Accuracy from Stealth is pretty huge. My character is critting a lot (good Accuracy and multiple conversion sources: 15% Ring of Prosperity's Fortune, 15% Merciless Gaze, 10% Dirty Fighting, 10% The Third Eye, 5-10% from Uncanny Luck - 10% with Community Patch, also access to 30% Aware from Mien of Death's Herald) and +50% spell crit damage from Stealth is nothing to sneeze at either (plus +4 Pen from Assasinate & 2x Pen on crit often leads to another +30% Overpenetration damage). Just a few times per fight but... that's usually enough.

Worth noting that Assassinate also allows my char to achieve considerably higher Shock Lashes from Deltro's Cage Helmet - after my character self targets with Chain Lightning from Stealth. I've had lashes up to +130% damage, 100%+ is very common (they work with spells). And of course, the +25 Accuracy significantly reduces the risk of Grazing (still happens sometimes, then it's only like ~+30% damage) or Missing.

Edited by Haplok

If you don't want to use Empower to boost spells then by all means pick Bloodmage. In that case it's strictly superior. Doesn't matter if multiclass or single class.

Helwalker/Bloodmage is doable but I wouldn't dump CON too much because at 10 wounds you can one-shot yourself with Blood-Sacrifice. Concelhaut's Draining Touch Corrosive Siphon is great in the earlier stages and later, once you get Wall of Draining you just need some good source of healing-over-time to be safe (Wall of Draining will prolong that). Blood Sacrifice generates a hell lot of wounds at higher levels. 

An very potent combo is Fighter/Bloodmage once you get Unbending: because Wall of Draining will not only prolong the Unbending status itself but also every instance of healing-over-time you get when you receive damage. That can lead to some hundreds to thousands of HP regenerated every 3 seconds. You become unkillable (save for one-shots), can cast Blood Sacrifice without risk at any time and recast Wall of Draining and all other spells endlessly. 

I personally enjoy SC Bloodmages most at the moment. But I also had great Geomancers, Battlemages, Sages, Spellblades and so on. So just go with what speaks to you most. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That is very valid. Although I greatly prefer Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon (aoe, health drain over time) to Draining Touch.

In my case, there are very few fights I need Wall of Draining / want to "waste" time casting it.

However I play Turn Based, and that changes the action economy quite a bit.

Edited by Haplok
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Haplok said:

That is very valid. Although I greatly prefer Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon (aoe, health drain over time) to Draining Touch.

Eh shoot! I totally meant that and not Draining Touch. 😄

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well, it does affect time to finish cast. The longer the cast, the more opportunities the enemies will have to Interrupt the cast. So, maybe not very important, but careful about dumping it too much IMO. 10 could be okay. Definitely don't raise Might much as a Blood Mage IMO.