Worth replaying PoE 1 for the import decisions or is the generator enough?

I only came back recently and noticed steam cloud didn't back up my old clear save from 1 back then.

Is the Generator for 2 good enough or will I be missing out on some stuff?

I wanted to do a playthrough initially regardless but after playing an hour I noticed I can't go abck to 1 anymore...

You get asked a bunch of questions about you choices in PoE (some go into fine detail) and I think it's good enough.

That "generator" asks the same things that the import would extract from your PoE-savegame anyway - so I suspect the resulting dataset would even be identical. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 minute ago, Boeroer said:

You get asked a bunch of questions about you choices in PoE (some go into fine detail) and I think it's good enough.

That "generator" asks the same things that the import would extract from your PoE-savegame anyway - so I suspect the resulting dataset would even be identical. 

Thank You, I'm just worried that there might be stuff that I could be missing out on.

The only problem with the Legacy Creator I've noticed is that it doesn't entirely acknowledge some of the dragons you might've killed in PoE1.

1. If you killed Llengrath, the variable n_Llengrath_State will be set correctly, but not b_Bog_Dragons_Killed, which is used in at least one conversation in Deadfire.
  2. It straight up doesn't ask you about the Alpine Dragon.

I made a small fix for this, be sure to make a new Legacy after installing to your Override folder:

Improved Custom Legacy Creation.zip

Edited by Noqn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't kill any dragon in POE1. I've manage to negotiate with them and I'm very happy with my choice.

I finished the first game and import the save in POE2, but "some characters" called me "the dragonslayer " and stuff like that so for me was little weird.

Edited by necrocannibalistic

18 minutes ago, Phyriel said:

PoE1 is worth replaying for single fact its much better game than Deadfire. 

Gameplay wise it makes me fall asleep. Since I already know the story I will pass. Thanks tho.