Politics XXXVI (will catch up to superbowls soon)

Amentep

4 hours ago, IndiraLightfoot said:

Trudeau, 22 seconds...

Thunderous silence if there ever were one..

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

13 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Why is that hilarious ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Schadenfreude mostly. Various countries citizens are furiously qq-ing into their beers over the actions of another, then get blasted with gas. :lol:

Well, given those two places there are some local issues that feed into it.  Also French and Quebecers just like to protest, admirable trait in a way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Im waiting on pins and needles to see if there are Covid-19 spikes in the countries of these rallies. :biggrin:

Well there is the potential argument being made that Police being so eager to use Tear Gas on crowds, causing them to tear and sneeze, is an extra underhanded chemical/biological attack because of the Covid-19...  But eh, the fun of the conspiracy theories and where the reality does lay... ;)

Also, for added fun factor:  Washington Post - Trump tried to register to vote in Florida using an out-of-state address...

And yes, in the midst of that, I forgot Elerond had already mentioned it...

Edited by Raithe
  • Confused 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Sure why not. WTH.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/us/george-floyd-officers-charges/index.html

Other cops involved are being charged now, Chauvin's upped to second degree murder.

I think it would be more humanitarian to fire laughing gas, rather than tear gas at protesters. Haven't we had enough tears already? :shifty:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

FYI, after the three officers that were at the scene at Floy'ds murder... I noticed something peculiar about these racist white cops.... they weren't white....  But, the issue is racism? No, it isn't. And, as long as people cry police racism they'll ignore the actual issues the poilice actually have.  And, while people are 'protesting' evil Nazi KKK  white violent psychopathic police, a black cop is killed, a  balck protestor is killed by  another protestor/rioter, black store owners are being murdered over stuff,... but, yeah, 'racism'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

9 minutes ago, Volourn said:

FYI, after the three officers that were at the scene at Floy'ds murder... I noticed something peculiar about these racist white cops.... they weren't white....  But, the issue is racism? No, it isn't. And, as long as people cry police racism they'll ignore the actual issues the poilice actually have.  And, while people are 'protesting' evil Nazi KKK  white violent psychopathic police, a black cop is killed, a  balck protestor is killed by  another protestor/rioter, black store owners are being murdered over stuff,... but, yeah, 'racism'.

They're fed up.  I got "lucky" because I was born white but being poor and black or a dark skinned minority in the U.S. has been extremely stressful for a long time, whitey American has a habit of trying to contain, control, and oppress people who look or act different than them, it's in their blood to be control freaks.  Blacks survived slavery, I'm confident they'll survive slavery 2.0.

As for these protests, I perfectly understand their pain but I can't bring myself to actually join because they have no agenda or political goals behind them, it's just comes off as little better than venting frustration.  Perhaps if they made some coherent demands like demanding Trump resign and then they'll stop I would take them more seriously.

Edited by ComradeMaster

So.. they're so fed up.. about white cop racism... they are killing blacks? Okay then. The first cop 'officially' killed in this mess was black.  Stop making excuses for the rioters. You sound cop apologists.  Defending the bad ones only make sit harder for the good ones.

FYI, More whites are killed by cops. Nobody gives a crap. LMAO

And, again, four cops involved  in this situation - 3 of them not white (albeit the one who did the actual deed was white).

These protests should be about cop brutality not 'racism'.

These rioters  should be locked up for LIFE.

The cop and anyone who commits murder during this riot should be FRIED.

Edited by Volourn

I think (as in no hard facts) that the repeatedly flaring up riots over police brutality in the US the last several decades has more to do with poverty and social unrest than race. That poverty is more widespread among some minorities just skewers the perception that race is the issue. When the number of people living under poverty line bounces between 10 and 15% the last many years, I believe it's inevitable that social unrest will flare occasionally. A moron for president, spouting aggressive, empty headed rhetoric doesn't do anything to calm a population down.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Most poor people in the US are white. Another ignored fact. Also, the white people who may be 'influencing' this mess are likely middle or upper middle class. Blacks themselves have repeatedly stated this too on video during this riots. Plenty of videos showing them chastise these agitators.

19 minutes ago, Volourn said:

Most poor people in the US are white. Another ignored fact. Also, the white people who may be 'influencing' this mess are likely middle or upper middle class. Blacks themselves have repeatedly stated this too on video during this riots. Plenty of videos showing them chastise these agitators.

If you say so...

The US Census declared that in 2014 14.8% of the general population lived in poverty:

10.1% of all white non-Hispanic persons
12.0% of all Asian persons
23.6% of all Hispanic persons (of any race)
26.2% of all African American persons
28.3% of Native Americans / Alaska Natives

So in absolute numbers, maybe. But not really. Minority demographics might feel disproportional numbers of them are affected. Coincidentally also a larger percentage of those groups that feel a systemic discrimination against them.

Edit: As for the agitators and extreme violence perpetrators... I read Trump blames the far left and antifa and what have you. But then, he's not exactly known for his cognitive abilities. I'll take BBC News words over his (and Fox) any time of day when they say recent arrest were members of the far right community, throwing molotov ****tails at the police (at the 9:08 paragraph) https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-52903545

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein