Politics XXXVI (will catch up to superbowls soon)

Amentep

Definition of terrorism gets watered down.  Antifa's activities mainly seem to be hooliganism (a Roma ultra joke lies here somewhere), rather than killing people.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"it would not surprise me one bit if Proud Boys and other far right radicals have had a hand in the escalation of violence. It's times like these that bring out the best and the worst in people. "

There is no significant 'right wing radical' prescence in these riots.   That is just people desperately trying to distract. No evidence has been shared. The closest thing to 'right wing radical interverence' in these riots is a prescence online  cheering it on as the hard left eat itself. Nobody commtting violence or looting gives a **** about the guy who got murdered. Actual peaceful protestors and their message is being drowned out when you see black 9and white) hooligans robbing stores owned by minorities.. yet they claim to   against  'racism'. And, a lot of the violenc ebeing committed is race based with black on white and black on brown violence.

Watch this - but, warning, it isn't nice to listen to  (no violence in video just sadness):

And, read this:

https://apnews.com/18e8ec5a9b8e7175a128254d55df41e3

What the cop did was wrong and he should and will be punished. EVERYONE  (well.. 99% since there are outliers) agrees with this. This includes Trump, all the senators on both sides, the celebs, the right, the left, EVERYONE (again 99%) so this riot is n't about him. It's about free stuff and certain looters even admitted that to reporters after they got arrested.

The cop is scum. Anyone who is defending his actions are scum. The rioters are scum. Anyone defending the rioters are scum.

The protestors' message has been lost.

It also should be noted the police have killed white people in the same exact manner and no outrage.  Seems to me white lives DON'T MATTER. lmao

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

ANTIFA will graduate from throwing batteries and pummeling people with bike locks to knives and guns with time.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

As for Antifa. Not hard there if they get labeled a 'terorrist group'. Just investigate. Find the people who started it or claimed to have started it then follow the money trail. Tie them to their financial backers and the people who commit violence in its name and VOILA.  I mean COME ON, there is an Antifa Handbook. LMAO

11 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

ANTIFA will graduate from throwing batteries and pummeling people with bike locks to knives and guns with time.

So just in case, is your reasoning ?  They are already laws to deal with them as is without inflating their stature.

11 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

SOROS!

He is the Lucius DeBeers of our time.  It's all in the numbers.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

17 minutes ago, Malcador said:

So just in case, is your reasoning ?  They are already laws to deal with them as is without inflating their stature.

They've already beaten people so badly they had to be hospitalized, do you want to wait until murder to take action? Where is the line you are waiting for ANTIFA to cross?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You guys wonder why I carry a pistol damn near everywhere I go?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just heard on the radio that Dallas store owner, the white guy in the green shirt that was beaten and left robbed and bleeding in the street died from his injuries today. 

Most of the "protests" in Memphis haver been low key. And I wouldn't be caught dead down there right now anyway. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

6 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

They've already beaten people so badly they had to be hospitalized, do you want to wait until murder to take action? Where is the line you are waiting for ANTIFA to cross?

So there's inaction now ? Sounds like aggravated assault is already something to charge people with. But terrorism is supposed to be a serious thing, Antifa's activities seem like typical gang behaviour (not even mafia like) rather than something along the lines of ETA, IRA, Red Brigades, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Just heard on the radio that Dallas store owner, the white guy in the green shirt that was beaten and left robbed and bleeding in the street died from his injuries today. 

Most of the "protests" in Memphis haver been low key. And I wouldn't be caught dead down there right now anyway. 

The dude with the sword ?  He's still alive, last I heard.

• Like 1

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/06/02/chechen-strongman-kadyrov-horrified-by-police-violence-at-us-protests-a70455

Kadyrov joined those calls, urging the United Nations to “intervene and take effective measures against official U.S. authorities to prevent the practice of violating human rights and freedoms and extrajudicial executions.”

“Call them to account for their atrocities and, in particular, for the persecution and murder of innocent people,” the strongman said.

“I demand that U.S. authorities stop this lawlessness! Stop the illegal actions against the civilian population immediately and bring to account all those responsible for human rights violations!” Kadyrov wrote.

Edited by Malcador

9 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

America's first "mass school shooting" was Army National Guard gunning down unarmed protesters at Kent State University in 1970.

Might be misreading you on this, but the University of Texas tower shootings were 4 years earlier.  You can go back to at least 1927 with other types of school attacks, with the Bath School massacre being the earliest I can think of off the top of my head.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

5 hours ago, Hildegard said:

Just crossed my mind to wonder what would the situation in the United States look like if someone armed these protesters with TOW, MANPAD and assault rifles. Don't know why it popped my mind thou....must be just my imagination.

https://twitter.com/FAARMYOfficial

https://usa.liveuamap.com/

6 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Not the ONLY remedy. An injunction from a Court will work as well putting a temporary and maybe even permanent stop to shenanigans. As long as a party with standing brings a petition.A state AG can do that. Also correct me if I'm wrong but Trump was speaking of mobilizing the NG. Only a governor of a state can do that correct?

Would have thought that the ultimate remedy was the willingness of people to follow legally questionable orders, especially in the armed forces. It's one thing to filch money off other projects to build the wall Mexico was going to pay for, it's quite another to try and order in the troops to do something they clearly aren't needed for and know they aren't intended or equipped for.

Most likely all rhetorical anyway, don't see it as anything other than posturing by Trump to look tough. Kind of ironic that so many little government types approve of the threat because it's Trump making it, but then Trump Derangement Syndrome works on both sides of the aisle.

34 minutes ago, Amentep said:

Might be misreading you on this, but the University of Texas tower shootings were 4 years earlier.  You can go back to at least 1927 with other types of school attacks, with the Bath School massacre being the earliest I can think of off the top of my head.

Don't forget about the massacre of those padawans by Anakin a long time ago in a galaxy far away.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Don't forget about the massacre of those padawans by Anakin a long time ago in a galaxy far away.

Dude just pounded back a 6 pack of https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/182/1351/

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Shame it's old.  Up to date one would work, they could suggest a No Fly Zone to help the oppressed ethnic minorities.

https://www.theonion.com/let-them-have-eric-screams-trump-while-pushing-son-t-1843831345

I think Don Jr is the more disposable one.

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I know they're not an unified group but some chapters seem to have graduated a long years ago

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Man **** happens after a few days. 

On 5/30/2020 at 12:58 AM, Orogun01 said:

1. Nope, I just don't think the comparison is fair as the politics are completely different and to my initial point before people got carried away with the specifics of the language, I"m condemning the looting which seems a common occurrence in these events and my perceived lack of admonishment by the media.

2. There's a lot money pumped into institutions by global actors that are securing their narrative. Regardless of the framing, the HK people rebelled against an encroaching totalitarian regime. I would hope we can agree on that.

3. Nope, different times and more complex situation. I don't subscribe to the idea of the noble savage, whilst some tribes were not at fault the savage attacks of others did much to earn retaliation. Also, removal its not ethnic cleansing.

4. I often find that people that think like you don't actually try it. 2 hours a day over the course of a year comes to 730 hours, that's more than enough to develop a good level of proficiency in a skill.  But if you rather watch a movie that's fine, just don't blame your luck when you're not trying (not you in particular, the general you.

5. Funny, if we were having this conversation without the benefit of anonymity I would be cancelled. If I however said the most heinous things about white people and cops I would expect to met with agreement. This is what the mainstream is about, they're just not as explicit about it as the radicals.

6.Black entertainers like the media are not about to potentially offend their base by insinuating that the looting its wrong. Failure to do so creates the perception of silent approval (even if incorrect) that emboldens the extremist behavior.

7.It's why we are in this situation in the first place, when people go tribal they stop holding people accountable and you see the worst come out. That goes for the looters and the cops.

8.I would have challenge the idea of disproportionate policing, generally black neighborhoods have high crime rates. It makes sense that a lot of policing happens there, and it is good as it happens to make black neighborhoods safer. Bad policing should be condemned, but the alternative is no policing and a rise in crime. I think it was in Chicago where the mayor decided to side with protesters and the cops just reduced their levels of  proactive policing. That just led to more crime.

This is getting unwieldy to respond to so I'll just number it.

1. Well there has been several changes in the last few days to escalate the situation to make the US seem worse. Let me ask you this, if looting was happening in Hong Kong as claimed by China, HK police, and HK business owners, would that be enough for you to stop supporting Hong Kongers rebelling against China?

2. That's true of any geopolitics, and if I haven't been clear I think every state is an encroaching totalitarian regime and that virtually any rebellion against it is good.

3. Forced removal of a population is ethnic cleansing, you're confusing it with genocide.

4. I went to night classes to get a bachelor's degree and then studied to become an electrician, all while working 40 hours a week. If that's not developing a good proficiency in a skill while working I don't know what is. The idea that if you aren't doing well is because you haven't tried is usually false and condescending to boot, ignoring the effects of luck makes it down right delusional. 

5. If you said "the most heinous things about white people and cops" you would be "cancelled" by another group of people.

6. The mainstream is about maintaining the present order, which is why we see the black entertainers you think hooked black people onto "gangster culture" are now trying to get people to go home and vote for Joe in five months or the white on black PR **** that various brands are doing. You also assume that people care enough about what Don Lemon or Killer Mike say to have it determine their actions, which seems fanciful at best.

7. Holding neighbors or protesters to the same amount of accountability for looters as you would the state for police ignores the difference in power between the two. The state has numerous ways to discipline police that neighbors or protesters do not when it comes to looters, the most obvious being that the state already knows who the police are.

8. Harsh policing seems to create and exacerbate crime rather than ensure safety: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41562-017-0211-5  

5 hours ago, Malcador said:

The dude with the sword ?  He's still alive, last I heard.

The dude with the store didn't even own the business, he just charged at people with a machete because he liked drinking there (alone) and is probably some kind of edgelord. To my knowledge he was able to tweet the next day, so I think the likelihood of him dying from his wounds to be unlikely.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"You do realize there are other stores than just the silly bar  the silly sword guy was at? Right?"

You do realize "Dallas store owner, the white guy in the green shirt that was beaten and left robbed and bleeding in the street" is very specific? Right?

r00fles

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The guy with the sword didn't own a store, so yeah, it clearly specifically isn't him. R00fles! He was out protecting his favorite bar not protecting his store that he owned. D0uble R00fles!

In this mess, I'm sure there are plenty of white (and non white) store owners bleeding in the streets and who knows what colour their shirts are.

And, bars aren't usually described as 'stores'. They're bars.

Edited by Volourn

2 hours ago, KaineParker said:

You do realize "Dallas store owner, the white guy in the green shirt that was beaten and left robbed and bleeding in the street" is very specific? Right?

It could've been worse. Just imagine if he had worn a red shirt 👀

• Haha 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein