Politics XXXVI (will catch up to superbowls soon)

Amentep

Still, you do get a few feel good pieces come out and a reminder that not everybody loses their mind..

Black men form human shield to protect lone police officer during protests

Louisville-696x392.jpg

In another extraordinary example of pure humanity coming out of Louisville, a group of Black men formed a human chain to protect a police officer from the riotous crowd after he was separated from his group. While post protesters were there to be heard and honor Floyd’s life, some instead saw the opportunity to take their frustration out on a cop.

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And in Camden, NJ, when the peaceful protestors were marching, the Police actually joined them.

EZTutGnWoAADwH2?format=jpg&name=medium

Finally, Black and Occupy protestors have figured out how to protest, riot and loot properly.  You do NOT protest, riot and loot in your own neighborhoods or another poor ethnic neighborhood.

You go to RICH WHITE NEIGHBORHOODS, and protest, riot and loot THERE.

The people who have power, they do not care if you protest, riot and loot elsewhere: "Whatever, it's not my problem." 

However, when you go to their neighborhood to protest, riot and loot, you set their businesses, shops and arses on fire, and you tell them that you want to eat them and hang them, that the French Revolution and Reign of Terror is coming for them,  terrorize them a bit, that is when you give them the incentive to change and fix thing.

Beverly Hills and Fairfax District... where all the rich white people live away from all the black and brown people. 😂  (Fairfax is where the "Melrose Place" is, i.e., the old TV series..)

I think this is the first time Beverly Hills is being looted.  All the rich white neighborhoods were spared in the 1992 L.A. riot and other riots, but this time the protestors and rioters went straight to where it counts.

Edited by ktchong

1 hour ago, Raithe said:

Well that's not exactly a surprise either....

This one is kind of funny. The Democrat governor goes off half-cоcked -if you're willing to grant him the benefit of doubt- and Trump is quick to pick it up and repeat it.

And to no one's surprise, they turn out to be either mistaken or lying.

Jail records show most arrested in Minneapolis riots have Minnesota addresses

More than 80% of people booked into Minneapolis jails over the past 2 days are from Minnesota

• Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

O.J. SIMPSON SAYS MURDERERS NEED TO BE PUT IN JAIL

:lol:

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Haha 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Isn't it amazing how cops are Billy Badass when they have a man helpless and handcuffed on the ground. But when there is a riot, homes and businesses being burned and people being beaten near to death they are nowhere to be found. The biggest bullies are cowards at heart. "

Probably following orders.

"Well that's not exactly a surprise either.... "

The mayor is a liar, racist, hatemonger, and fearmonger. And, you delusionally bought his nonsense. The fact people actually believed that the KKK somehow were able to impersonate BLM in a matter of days is giving the KKK too much credit. LMAO

edit: Seems a black cop/security officer was killed. But, yeah, this is a battle against racism. LMAO

Why does BLM seem to like to target blacks for murder?

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

8 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

"The hypocrisy is strong with this one"

Edit: For me personally, he'll always be living proof that if you throw enough money at something, you can get away with murder

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

3 minutes ago, Volourn said:

But, racism. It's always racism. You know, racism in a country that elected a black man as president TWICE.

Well, we also elected a reality TV star, so I am not sure what that means.

The US loves reality stars.  Just like they love black people. You know as well as I do if someone like Oprah Winfrey ran she would likely win. But, you know. racism.

The cop, again, is a piece of garbage but we don't even know if it was racism that fueled his actions or just how powermongering and total disregard for life. But, I have seen plenty of actions taken during these riots that were done so out of pure racism and hatred of those who didn't look like the agressors. But, that's what Antifa and BLM is about. Hatred, violence, and murder. And,m they'll even target the group they claim to be for. Ridiculous.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

On 5/30/2020 at 5:14 PM, 213374U said:

Depends. I used to work a part-time job (from home too) where I was glued to the chair for the duration and even bathroom breaks were a problem because work would pile up and customers got ornery. I didn't do 160 hours a month, but weekly I did more than 40. Everyone thought I was busting my butt, including my boss. A friend of mine figured she'd work more hours in the same job and she ended up with anxiety and sleep problems. On the other hand, I remember some low-level sysadmins at the last two big corps I've worked at doing very little actual work in their nominal 8 hours.

I'd appreciate if you could quote the post(s) from where you got the idea that anyone is expecting to become a millionaire from working a full-time job, but regardless, I think it's reasonable that giving a business 50% of your waking time should be enough to make a decent living.

I'd like to add a few other factors:

The kind of work you do would heavily affect your energy depletion. For a deep sea oil rig diver or an Alaskan crab fisherman, 40 hours is back breaking, sometimes even deadly or impossible. But my work as a script writer, 40 hours is pretty much nothing to me, and I'm far from young, and I have a bad back. 

And I recall when I was much younger, I had a couple of years, where I needed to juggle three part-time jobs a day 5 days a week to make ends meet (on paper, like 50 hours a week), and still today, this is probably one of my worst work-related ordeals, especially in a big city and hours of commuting (which I didn't get paid for) using various kind of transport: buses, the tube, rail cars, you name it.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I have to admit, I'm quite happy with my flexible 35 hours a week. Technically, quite often it floats between 34 and 38 hours, due to the flexi-time aspect, and as long as the work is done, no-one really cares about the exact amount of time spent working (as long as it's within reasonable slips either way).

However, there have been a few interesting conversations with some of the middle-management types. Technically, yes they get a lot more money annually then I do, but when you look into how most of them end up working a lot more hours over the "official" time. So it actually breaks down to them earning simililar, or even less per hour than I do. Of course, they then get bigger bonuses at the end of the year, and that probably makes up for it. :p

Unless you're a workaholic, the amount of lost time doing a job like that hardly ever ends up being worth it. I've got too many other things I need or want to do to willingly waste away all my waking hours for a job. Salary, especially if you're in anything computer related (IT, programming, whatever), is just about the worst thing you can sign on for if you expect to ever not be working. A work culture that expects you to always be over your hours or "you're not working hard enough" is one I'm going to jump ship from as soon as humanly possible.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

When I was running my own business working 80-100 hours a week was common. Nowadays I work 40 and that is all. But, I'm earning a fraction of the money now compared to then. The more you put in the more you get out generally speaking. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Derek Chauvin transported to maximum-security prison

I'd be curious to know what is in this guy's head. With one cruel, meaningless, and stupid action he took a mans life, his wife has left him, he is likely going to spend the rest of his years in prison, and he is singularly responsible for riots that have left 16 people dead, countless injured, thousands of people financially ruined, and millions of dollars of property destroyed. To say nothing of the complete undermining of the "rule of law" and the loss of respect for the police as an institution. That was all you Derek.  

Thomas Sowell

On 5/30/2020 at 3:24 PM, Hurlshot said:

40 hours a week should be considered busting your butt. A healthy person should be getting 8 hours of sleep a day, so that leaves you with 16 hours a day. So spending half of your waking hours during a 5-day work week is certainly a significant amount of time and should be enough to have a decent life during the non-work hours. No one said anything about raking in millions.

You should also all be exercising about 90 minutes a day. I don't understand why that is hard. I average about 10 hours a week and people act like that is a big time commitment. It's not, and I get way more benefit out of that then I do my 40-hour work week. But that might be another topic. :p

On 5/30/2020 at 5:14 PM, 213374U said:

Depends. I used to work a part-time job (from home too) where I was glued to the chair for the duration and even bathroom breaks were a problem because work would pile up and customers got ornery. I didn't do 160 hours a month, but weekly I did more than 40. Everyone thought I was busting my butt, including my boss. A friend of mine figured she'd work more hours in the same job and she ended up with anxiety and sleep problems. On the other hand, I remember some low-level sysadmins at the last two big corps I've worked at doing very little actual work in their nominal 8 hours.

I'd appreciate if you could quote the post(s) from where you got the idea that anyone is expecting to become a millionaire from working a full-time job, but regardless, I think it's reasonable that giving a business 50% of your waking time should be enough to make a decent living.

It would be helpful to clarify what is your definition of decent life/living. 

40 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

When I was running my own business working 80-100 hours a week was common. Nowadays I work 40 and that is all. But, I'm earning a fraction of the money now compared to then. The more you put in the more you get out generally speaking. 

I would need to find the study but on average 10% more hours gives about 30% more salary so it's not a flat increase.

166215__front.jpg

1 hour ago, Skarpen said:

It would be helpful to clarify what is your definition of decent life/living. 

I would need to find the study but on average 10% more hours gives about 30% more salary so it's not a flat increase.

In my case it wasn't a X vs O comparison since beyond the salary I was allotted for my time, my work also increased revenue and value of a company I owned a 1/7th share of.  So in that case you might say I was being paid twice

Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

A work culture that expects you to always be over your hours or "you're not working hard enough" is one I'm going to jump ship from as soon as humanly possible.

That's why they like hiring fresh grads, they are always stupid and like to be asses waiting to be ridden 😛

• Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ant then THIS bulls--t happened: https://www.bet.com/news/national/2020/05/31/police-taser-morehouse-spelman-couple-update.html

Talk about not learning any lessons. Then again maybe it really is just in the scorpions nature to sting.

Thomas Sowell