AOE carnage inficting afflictions

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out a way to make carnage AOE to trigger afflictions (from weapons or abilities) like in POE 1. Is there already a mod that do this ?

If it's not the case, is there a way to mod this ? I have a basic understanding of the structures of gamedatabundles, but I have not figured out a way to do this.

Thanks for your help.

You can try by making Carnage a weapon Attack "TreatAsWeapon" set to true.
It would enable appling effects from passive (generating focus, enervating blow, various interacting etc).

The problem is that Carnage Attack isn't linked to the weapon launching the attack and not linked to the Attack ability triggering it as far as I know. So I think it is very tricky. 

Also check the "community patch Add-on" : Phenomenom has found a way to display Carnage AoE when attacking. It is not the solution to your problem, but might give you ideas about how to tweak Carnage.

40 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

You can try by making Carnage a weapon Attack "TreatAsWeapon" set to true.
It would enable appling effects from passive (generating focus, enervating blow, various interacting etc).

The problem is that Carnage Attack isn't linked to the weapon launching the attack and not linked to the Attack ability triggering it as far as I know. So I think it is very tricky. 

Also check the "community patch Add-on" : Phenomenom has found a way to display Carnage AoE when attacking. It is not the solution to your problem, but might give you ideas about how to tweak Carnage.

Thank you for your answer. By looking at the bundles, I figured it would not but that simple, because as you said, nothing seems to link the weapon to the AOE. I'll try to look into the community patch addon, thanks, it could be a welcome addition even if it's not exactly what I was looking for.

Do you know if when you switch "TreatAsWeapon" to true, modifiers are applied to the dmg ? (instead of the static 0.33 form unmoded carnage)

3 minutes ago, johncdp said:

Do you know if when you switch "TreatAsWeapon" to true, modifiers are applied to the dmg ? (instead of the static 0.33 form unmoded carnage)

Various modifiers could be applied, such as Sneak Attack ones, but hard to anticipate which ones. Not weapon quality ones I think.
0,33 is not static though, it has +10%/PL scaling.

25 minutes ago, AeonsLegend said:

Wasn't carnage based off of the base weapon damage? Even with PL scaling it doesn't really go up as much as your normal weapon damage. I don't think things like Might and weapon boni are included.

Might is included, but not weapon boni. It isn't comparable to weapon damages, but still it is a good passive. Nothing like PoE1's version though.