Finding myself with time to spare before my next MOD release.  Will take an item request if it is reasonable.

Any item type works

Should not be over powered, I probably need to tone down some of my items already.

Custom Models are beyond me so feel free to pick an existing item model in game.

I do have the ability to re-animate some spells.

Got an idea for a character build and need an item to fit it, let me know!

Link to MOD:

Edited by coralzombie
  • Like 1

Can you change the color of the models? I always wanted to make the armor/weapons set of the Deathdealer (berserker/streetfighter) using existing items:

Rekvu's Helm (black) - maybe something like Deltro's Cage (but for melee damage) gives a raw dmg lash

The Bloody Links (black) - add some mods from Reckless Brigandine/Guardian's Plate

Magran's Favor (2h axe black) - like Lord Darryn's Voulge but with raw dmg instead

Sasha's Sniging Scimitar (black) - with mods similar to Kapana Taga

Cadhu Scalth (black) - retaliate with main attack on miss

35mm-Death-Dealer.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kaylon said:

Can you change the color of the models? I always wanted to make the armor/weapons set of the Deathdealer (berserker/streetfighter) using existing items:

Rekvu's Helm (black) - maybe something like Deltro's Cage (but for melee damage) gives a raw dmg lash

The Bloody Links (black) - add some mods from Reckless Brigandine/Guardian's Plate

Magran's Favor (2h axe black) - like Lord Darryn's Voulge but with raw dmg instead

Sasha's Sniging Scimitar (black) - with mods similar to Kapana Taga

Cadhu Scalth (black) - retaliate with main attack on miss

35mm-Death-Dealer.jpg

I will look through the item models after work today and see what I can change.  Regarding  armor,  some models cannot have their color changed (or at least I don't have the ability to) but some will adapt to the players chosen color palette and I can find a model that adapts and mod it accordingly.

This is actually a 5 item request!!!  I might be able to do it all by Friday evening though.

Edited by coralzombie

I believe you can tint models even if they are usually not adapting to the char's color scheme. But I'm not 100% sure nor do I remember how. But I think I read something about it in the modding subforum - something about custom godlikes iirc.

Edit - found it (may be too complicated): 

The important part I think:

For anything to be tintable in this game, one need a tint map file, that tells the game what and where the tint should be applied.[...]

Without those files you see only the main predefined texture for the object. [...]

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

possibly something for someone wanting to play an ice mage? scepter or wand maybe a rod, rings, amulet that either increase power lvls or ice dmg. and if there's already something on the wiki I could look up for something like those items, please point me in that direction. maybe in my old age am just not seeing it there.. thank you

1 hour ago, myfur1958 said:

possibly something for someone wanting to play an ice mage? scepter or wand maybe a rod, rings, amulet that either increase power lvls or ice dmg. and if there's already something on the wiki I could look up for something like those items, please point me in that direction. maybe in my old age am just not seeing it there.. thank you

There's a bunch of Ice-themed equipment but sadly only a few give Frost PL.

It's worth noting that Illusion PL synergizes with Kalakoth's Freezing Rake and would make for good options once you hit Lv 16!

• Whitewitch Mask gives +1 to Illusion, can be looted very early.
  • The Eye of Wael gives +2 to Illusion, doesn't require any combat iirc and can be picked up right after Port Maje.

A Wizard with Sun and Moon, The Eye of Wael and Whitewitch Mask would get +5 PL to Kalakoth's Freezing Rake just from equipment.

1 hour ago, Noqn said:

There's a bunch of Ice-themed equipment but sadly only a few give Frost PL.

It's worth noting that Illusion PL synergizes with Kalakoth's Freezing Rake and would make for good options once you hit Lv 16!

• Whitewitch Mask gives +1 to Illusion, can be looted very early.
  • The Eye of Wael gives +2 to Illusion, doesn't require any combat iirc and can be picked up right after Port Maje.

A Wizard with Sun and Moon, The Eye of Wael and Whitewitch Mask would get +5 PL to Kalakoth's Freezing Rake just from equipment.

I have implemented a few items that give  + PL to Fire  and - PL to Frost such as a wand.   I will see about making a wand that gives +frost and Illusion and  -Fire / something.

13 hours ago, coralzombie said:

I will look through the item models after work today and see what I can change.  Regarding  armor,  some models cannot have their color changed (or at least I don't have the ability to) but some will adapt to the players chosen color palette and I can find a model that adapts and mod it accordingly.

This is actually a 5 item request!!!  I might be able to do it all by Friday evening though.

So after looking though this, yes I can do this and I really like the idea.  I do not have enough time to get it done before my next release this Friday due to work, life etc. I am going to create this as a separate MOD add-on, it will require the main files from my MOD but can be downloaded separately at players discretion.   My goal is to have this done and published by 5/19/2020.

7 hours ago, myfur1958 said:

I have a book titled  Ring Of Winter  https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/The_Ring_of_Winter_(novel)

I am going to create a ring  based on this lore and your idea.  I was mulling over adding another ring into the MOD so I will have this done and published to the Nexus with the next release in 2 days.

Something like  this:

+2 Frost power levels  +2 illusion PL

-1 Resolve     OR   weakness resolve afflictions     /   Possibly Enchant recipe to remove penalty

Spell Like Ability 'Ninagauth's Freezing Pillar"  Once per encounter OR once per day

Edited by coralzombie
  • Thanks 1

I would love to see Robe of Vecna - magic resist and massive recovery casting speed.

Sword of Kas - some nice mechanics on its description:

https://criticalrole.fandom.com/wiki/Sword_of_Kas 

Or maybe this list: https://screenrant.com/dungeons-dragons-most-powerful-artifacts-ranked/

I wouldn't mind if you made a version that is OP aka gives effects more or less the same as in lore with intent to match with difficulty mods for deadfire.

Would be nice if some of these items in OP version were hidden between some encounter tho or atleast could be stolen with high sneak/pickpocket - what makes items OP even in current version is that you get them with just money.

5 hours ago, Phyriel said:

I would love to see Robe of Vecna - magic resist and massive recovery casting speed.

Sword of Kas - some nice mechanics on its description:

https://criticalrole.fandom.com/wiki/Sword_of_Kas 

Or maybe this list: https://screenrant.com/dungeons-dragons-most-powerful-artifacts-ranked/

I wouldn't mind if you made a version that is OP aka gives effects more or less the same as in lore with intent to match with difficulty mods for deadfire.

Yes the robe and hand in current MOD version are a bit OP.  Was looking into making the major injuries when you put them on for the first time permanent but got side tracked.  They were part of the MOD before I took it over, so far I have only adjusted the lore to them.   Robe of Vecna:   Lore to this item states that it adds spell alacrity / casting speed.  I created a heavy armor in the MOD with this ability. If I tied this to a robe, which I can do, that might be the only feature it has aside from maybe +2 Metaphysics or something but could definitly make a robe with casting speed AND spell reflection.  I have added quite a few wizard / druid robes, wands, accessories to add power and variety for playstyles.  I imagine a wizard fully decked out in my items could have an easy time of it with fire and shock,

5 hours ago, Phyriel said:

Would be nice if some of these items in OP version were hidden between some encounter tho or atleast could be stolen with high sneak/pickpocket - what makes items OP even in current version is that you get them with just money.

My next goal after I get some feedback on item power from users who actually use the MOD is to create a custom NPC or several to sell some of the items and also, if possible to include the items in lootlists.  I need to do another full playthrough though so I can correlate enemy difficulty with the items I have created and place items into their lootlist accordingly. 

Edited by coralzombie

Well honestly I think game is overall so imbalanced that you don't really need to worry too much about making items too strong. Make them fun. I used hand and eye of vecna and wand of orcus only, whats most OP is the fact those items give you perma top tier buffs/immunities which imo is fine but not when you can have it for gold. 

From the list above I'd like to see your take on Invulnerable Coat of Arnd (maybe Mythic from the start, with +4 PL for paladin/priest and damage shields) 

Wondering if its possible to make Staff of Magi that allow you to cast high lvl spells from different classes with charges that replenish after absorbing enemy spells with % chance to do so?

1 hour ago, Phyriel said:

Well honestly I think game is overall so imbalanced that you don't really need to worry too much about making items too strong. Make them fun. I used hand and eye of vecna and wand of orcus only, whats most OP is the fact those items give you perma top tier buffs/immunities which imo is fine but not when you can have it for gold. 

From the list above I'd like to see your take on Invulnerable Coat of Arnd (maybe Mythic from the start, with +4 PL for paladin/priest and damage shields) 

Wondering if its possible to make Staff of Magi that allow you to cast high lvl spells from different classes with charges that replenish after absorbing enemy spells with % chance to do so?

Coat of Arnd  - Completely immune to physical attacks. with protection from elements.   Yes I could do that lol but honestly its not on the top of my to do list.  Maybe when all is said and done something like that would be the last item to go into my MOD.  You might as well console GOD mode.  My take on a toned down item (from complete immunity)  would be something like:

33% chance to turn enemy graze / hit or crit to miss.

33% chance to reflect spells.
+4 PL priest / paladin / chanter

Damage shield not sure but could do damage reduction for sure.

Staff of Magi.  Definitly could create a weapon with several high level abilities from druid / priest / wizard / cipher  list.  Could be per encounter or per rest.

To make it have charges that recharge when hit by enemy spells, I think I would have to look at Major Grimoire Imprint to see how it is coded and how it can be modified.

Edited by coralzombie

On 5/13/2020 at 2:52 PM, myfur1958 said:

Thanks for the Idea.  This is being added to the MOD release for tomorrow.  I plan on working on the DeathDealer items that Kaylon asked about next,

kAH6Liv.png

• Thanks 1