Suggestion on improving Kotor2 from Kotor1

I would really like the game to have a moderately open ending. Meaning, after you complete the game there would be more side-quests and things that would further your understanding of your other party members for example. Kotor 1 did that to some extent but not enough. I thought the first game was great though in that it had so many things to do in it. It was almost like the GTA series in that it had so many facets to it. I understand that those two games are very different from one another but, I'm sure I am not alone in saying that there should be continued play after the game ends. Whether it is getting a job with that Assassins guild in the first game or something else.

Please comment with your suggestions on this topic. :( :D

yeah u r right, it would have made KOTOR much better if u continued to play it after the "end".

But I don't think KOTOR & GTA are to similar, because GTA is all "dark side" with no "light side story"

Would have been cool if there were more undercover missions as in GTA, or maybe more in depth missions like if u could train the Rakatan Luo into a Padawan...

Is that possible??

I think that at the end, it would have been nice to see what happened to different planets, depending on your actions while visiting them (Fallout style). But I guess the sequel would be quite difficult to make after such a detailed story after the end.

Please please please let players go back and see what they have done after the game is over. The game had a since of freedom up to a point. When you are captured you lost the sense of freedom in the game since you have to go to the fifth star map, and the sense of freedom goes way down from there. After you travel to the "unknown planet" the entire game is on tracks and the player has no control over what happens.

I would love the ability to actually join a faction. Like the Republic or Sith. In the original I was just waiting for oppurtunity. On Manaan, I was thinking either or with the embassies and on Korriban you make to the end and the Master says "this is not your place..." :huh: If you could I would love the ability to rise up in rank and stuff like that. Actually doing something for the faction

I think it would be cool to take place in much larger scale battles rather than little skirmished withs animals or other Jedi. I'm talking like major engagements like the Civil War battle Gettysburg.

I'm thrilled that Obsidian is actually putting in Light/Dark side classes. I think thats a great improvement. I am pretty confident Obsidian should be able to pull of a great sequel.

FU confirmed what I already feared/figured, that the game is too far in production to implement alot of these suggestions.

I think the idea of joining a faction specifically is a rather good one, but one that would have an impact on so many quests, it is unlikely to be developed.

As far as comparisons between KOTOR and GTA, I'm not even going to go there.

Does anyone think if they will make the worlds big enough to be able to use transportation?

Pretty doubtful. On the other hand I wouldn't mind a Star Wars RPG that was like Morrowind in size and style. It wouldn't be KOTOR though.

Okay, lets put it this way, lets say KOTOR WAS like GTA. In a small messy room in Washington, "Oh, I've completed KOTOR, but there is nothing to do! What is there now, what is the point of getting armor, all the other enemies will be easy for me now. I've completed all the sidequests anyway. I can't marry Bastilla/Carth, I can't do anything! Too bad I cant like do like live out a normal life, like strive to get the best ship, or house, and furniture, I think I'll just play SWG, sigh." We need to have things to DO after the game ends.

I think more weapons models would be nice. So many weapons look the same so it got dull pretty quickly. Also, when you add things at the workbench, you should be able to see certain upgrades. I don't think you were able to in KotOR1 like the scope for pistols.

Sorry if this has already come up, I'm still reading through the posts. Still have a couple boards after this I want to hit.

just thought of a couple of cool things that would improve game play .

1) it would be nice to give characters way points or specific places to be in battle . one thing that was frustrating was when i set up all three characters for a fight one would always do something stupid like run up to an enemy and get killed before i could stop them . the way points would be cool for when you have things to scout out in solo mode and your other people can still have something to do rather than stand around with their thumbs in their butts . it would add more independance to the npc's

2) if you could put your hood up and be incognito . like if you have on a mask , you could talk to a character you have already spoken to and have different conversations . would be cool for avoiding fights if you have stuff you want to do first.

just thought of a couple of cool things that would improve game play .

1) it would be nice to give characters way points or specific places to be in battle . one thing that was frustrating was when i set up all three characters for a fight one would always do something stupid like run up to an enemy and get killed before i could stop them . the way points would be cool for when you have things to scout out in solo mode and your other people can still have something to do rather than stand around with their thumbs in their butts . it would add more independance to the npc's

2) if you could put your hood up and be incognito . like if you have on a mask , you could talk to a character you have already spoken to and have different conversations . would be cool for avoiding fights if you have stuff you want to do first.

3) Sniper rifles MUST be added. I love 'em.