1 hour ago, Powerotti said:

*Heart Seeker - infinite until target gets con inspiration?

Yes. Better in case you hit your friends.

1 hour ago, Powerotti said:

Are you planning to make Carnage and Clear out AoE visible? That would be nice QoL change, even if collide with AoE weapons

Phenomenon did it for Carnage in his CP Add-On. Check for it. I don't plan to do it myself (the mod has been a lot of work honnestly).

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Nope, the guy's simply completing the action in the afterlife. ;)

That's funny, thanks!

• Like 1

I have made futher tests on Blood Sacrifice and it appears that it doesn't regenerate ressource exactly like described in Thelee's Gamefaq.

When used, it procs following effects randomly (and causes a proportional health loss :
- "Minor"     Blood Sacrifice Recover a Spell Slot from Tier 1 to Tier 3, 
- "Medium" Blood Sacrifice Recover a Spell Slot from Tier 1 to Tier 6,
- "Major"     Blood Sacrifice Recover a Spell Slot from Tier 1 to Tier 9.
But each effect will randomly select a Spell Slot from the possible range among the Spell Slots already spent. For example, Major Blood Sacrifice will randomly choose between a Tier 1 Spell Charge and Tier 9 Spell Charge if they are both available.
Major Blood Sacrifice does not select the higher tier slots in priority (that's the difference with the Gamefaq description, which is still a better description than Obsidian's 🙂, hey !).

It leads to interesting consequences. Using low Tier spells will give more chance te recover a charge but can decrease the chance of recovering an higher Tier.
For example, if a character has only spent a Tier 9 charge, Blood Sacrifice will have 1/3 chance of regenerating it and 2/3 chances of doing nothing.
However, if a character has only spent a Tier 1 charge and Tier 9 charge, Blood Sacrifice will have 1/6 chance of regenerating the Tier 9 one and 5/6 chances of regenerating the Tier 1 one.

Spoiler

Minor Blood Sacrifice would regenerate the Tier 1
Medium Blood Sacrifice would regenerate the Tier 1
Major Blood Sacrifice would have 50% chances of regenerating the Tier 1 and 50% chances of regenerating the Tier 9.

I think the optimum (in term of spell level regenerated, of course, in certain situation some lower tier spells can be better) is probably reached by only using Tier 6 and 9 (or 7 for MC).
This way, you have Blood Sacrifice has 1/3 chance of doing nothing, 1/2 chance of restoring a Tier 6 spell and 1/6 chance of restoring a Tier 9 (7 for MC) spell.

Spoiler

Minor Blood Sacrifice would do nothing.
Medium Blood Sacrifice would regenerate teh Tier 6 charge.
Major Blood Sacrifice would have 50% chances of regenerating the Tier 6 and 50% chances of regenerating the Tier 9.

The overall effect is great, but not as much as what Brilliant ticks provide.
I think I will still nerf Bloodmage by giving Blood Sacrifice a 3s Recovery and a 6s sef-target Hostile effect preventing any healing for its duration (the later is to avoid the Tactician Unbending + Bloodmage WoD infinite Combo which is the only Immortality Combo remaning once SoT and WoD are tweaked). This would be sufficient while not removing the subclass its access to potentially unlimited powers.

I am considering using the exact mechanic for Brilliant ticks (and a couple of similar effects) for Caster Ressources. It would prevent spamming Maelstorm every 6s and mitigate spamming of Tier 6- spells (2/3 chances of getting a Tier 6+ slot back is closer to martial 1 ressource ; even if slightly better, it comes at the price of randomness and commitment to not use lower Tiers).
Also this would be good for ruleset consistency since the effect does not come from nowhere.
EDIT : errr, it does not seem to be possible. It seems that Status cannot be randomized unless they com from an attack. Brilliant Ticks are not attack.
EDIT EDIT : might be not totally impossible with a few tweaks (I'm going to remove ressource regen from Brilliant and put it on Ancestor's Memory instead, but as a 1-time effect)

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

good find, @Elric Galad!

it means that if one wants to regen a level 9 spell it matters all the more to specifically game it, since this means you potentially have a brutal 1/27 chance of getting it back (worst case of having cast a spell from each spell level).

• Gasp! 1

So after getting some tips for a friend of mine, i want to try another walkthrough. 🙂 But this time im interested in a very powerful (OP?) caster class. Now this thread often mention priest + brilliant.

How exactly would one build look like?

16 minutes ago, Venatoris78 said:

So after getting some tips for a friend of mine, i want to try another walkthrough. 🙂 But this time im interested in a very powerful (OP?) caster class. Now this thread often mention priest + brilliant.

How exactly would one build look like?

Pick Priest

Pick Barring Death Door

Pick Salvation of Time

Have someone in tout party cast Brillant on you once (Cipher's Ancestor Memory or Robes of the Weyc )

Profit.

Trust Me, it's as lame as it sounds.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Haha 1

Most "OP" caster without too much gymnastics is Bloodmage.

Once you get Wall of Draining and any healing over time in the party or yourself (Blightheart's healing or Healing Gloves will do) you can prolong the healing endlessly along with all buffs which allows you to spam Blood Sacrifice - which gets you back Wall of Draining (and the other spell uses).

You can't empower spells then but cast them more often (e.g. PL9 ones).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That's late game territory, though. In case of my Spellblade, just Blade Feast from Engoliero provides enough healing in many encounters and I rarely even use Wall of Draining. 

Let's not forget fantastic early game on Blood Mage, with Concelhauts Corrosive Siphon providing enough healing to keep up the spell spam. 

This is not entirely elegant, but how about making Blood Sacrifice Tiers selectable through a modal ability?

blood_sacrifice_modal.png.c27ea9ee38beb6454e3b4384f89fec73.png

Inspecting each Tier for exact damage values (may not include conditional damage modifiers such as Death's Usher):

H2WH76v.png

Strangely, it turns out that Tier 1 restores up to lv4 and Tier 2 up to lv7 spells. (Despite the status effects having correct values.)

AddResource seems to evaluate Spell Levels zero-based, contrary to the documentation.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Noqn said:

This is not entirely elegant, but how about making Blood Sacrifice Tiers selectable through a modal ability?

blood_sacrifice_modal.png.c27ea9ee38beb6454e3b4384f89fec73.png

Inspecting each Tier for exact damage values (may not include conditional damage modifiers such as Death's Usher):

H2WH76v.png

Strangely, it turns out that Tier 1 restores up to lv4 and Tier 2 up to lv7 spells. (Despite the status effects having correct values.)

AddResource seems to evaluate Spell Levels zero-based, contrary to the documentation.

You mean... buffing Bloodmage ?

Don't get me wrong, the change is nice, but this would be a good amount of powercreeping.