25 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Again: Cobra Strike is a ranged weapon. So WP: Stiletto sounds rather funny. Scepter or Wand would be better imo.  

But it has fangs, you know 🐍
If it counts as ranged, better not messing with a melee proficiency. Or maybe Long Pain already counts as unarmed ?

Edited by Elric Galad

On 10/15/2020 at 1:34 PM, AndreaColombo said:

@Elric GaladHow about adding weapon proficiencies to summoned weapons that currently lack them?

Kalakoth's Minor Blights could use the Wand proficiency like they did in the first game.

Not sure whether Rot Skulls have a proficiency assigned?

Nannasin's Cobra Strike could use the Fist proficiency, perhaps?

@Boeroer are there others, off the top of your head?

That was a good idea but unfortunately doesn't work (even by adding the proficient ability ID in the summoned item property).
I tried with Rot Skull and Spritshift claws but failed.

• Thanks 1

It was worth a shot. Thanks for looking into it!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Apart for the Poison/Acid/Disease/Decay clarification and White Wurms auto-hit correction, here what is planned for next version :

Boil their flesh and upgrade :

0,5s/4s cast time
24 - 27 raw
48 - 54 corrode on near death kills

Magran's Priest version of Torrent of Flames (which they get at Tier 7 instead of 5) :
Cast with +15 accuracy and foe-only

Purge of Toxin :
30s -> 60s
0,5s/3s Cast time  (aligned with the priest single target "prayer" line of spell ; it was too weak for a single target situational Tier 3)

Beetle Shell :
0,5s/4,5s Cast time (aligned with Withdraw)

Probably going to think about buffing a bit the Fox & Farmer chant, because it is too situational (-20 acc on disengagement attack), not guaranteed (target Will) and overall weak compared to Silver Knight (which provide a +10 Deflection and an extra engagement !) and other chants in general.
EDIT : I think a -20 Reflex penalty would be fitting. Consider that it on the same tier as Sure handed was Illa that provides +25%/50% attack speed to all ranged/firearms and 1 Tier below than the long Night that provides -14 fortitude on top of other things.
EDIT EDIT : -15 Reflex is enough to stay relevant as the highest AoE Reflex debuff. It's very easy to combine with DEX and PER afflictions for a huge nuker support.

Most of them are coded and tested, but in case you have opinion or suggestion, feel free to tell.

Each time I'm trying to make a final version, but soon I find something to improve (call it a moditisis)...

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

It seems a though accurate carnage is applying to the main weapon accuracy when I believe it shouldn't. Couldn't check if it actually applied to the carnage itself but the current effect is very overpowered. It seems to be affecting the battle axe, sabre, club, dagger, stiletto and pollaxe.

Upon further testing it looks like this is happening even in vanilla, I thought about not posting this here but as it's one of the passives modified by the mod I might as well mention it. Couldn't find anything about this in a quick search, is it bugged or am I not seeing something here?

image.png.ef651cfc4fd751c6d494de3a8c10cf09.png

• Thanks 1

Did you check entries in the combat log (after a hit) or did you only look at the tooltip on the char/inventory sheet?

It may be that it's only an error of the Tooltip that doesn't handle the bonus correctly for display purposes - but handled correctly during actual combat roles. 

If it indeed applies to the main attack roll as well: congratulations, you found a reason for me to try another Barb run. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Did you check entries in the combat log (after a hit) or did you only look at the tooltip on the char/inventory sheet?

It may be that it's only an error of the Tooltip that doesn't handle the bonus correctly for display purposes - but handled correctly during actual combat roles. 

If it indeed applies to the main attack roll as well: congratulations, you found a reason for me to try another Barb run. ;)

Can anyone confirm this ? I wanted to pause a bit the game after releasing next mod version which was ready...

It seems unlikely that a flat +5Acc (in vanilla) to all melee attacks would have remain unknown for so long.

I confirm I only edited the value of carnage, I didn't changed the filter so it should not be the cause.

8 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I did check the combat log and the +10 also showed up in the attack roll.

4 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

It seems unlikely that a flat +5Acc (in vanilla) to all melee attacks would have remain unknown for so long.

That's what I thought but I don't know what may be going on my end if it's just me. I've just started a new game on the latest steam version with all the DLCs a few days ago.

Could my save have been somehow "corrupted" by a mod? The only mods I've installed that could affect passives are the "Community Patch", "Carnage and Powder Burns Indicators" and this mod. I have also installed "FG Party Items Upgrade" and "FG Soulbound Upgrade" which might be outdated (and I only say as much because some of the party item upgrades are missing) but I feel like these shouldn't go anywhere near Accurate Carnage.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Astartez said:

It seems a though accurate carnage is applying to the main weapon accuracy when I believe it shouldn't. Couldn't check if it actually applied to the carnage itself but the current effect is very overpowered. It seems to be affecting the battle axe, sabre, club, dagger, stiletto and pollaxe.

Upon further testing it looks like this is happening even in vanilla, I thought about not posting this here but as it's one of the passives modified by the mod I might as well mention it. Couldn't find anything about this in a quick search, is it bugged or am I not seeing something here?

image.png.ef651cfc4fd751c6d494de3a8c10cf09.png

Congratulations, you have found a PoE2 bug !!

Youhouh !

I confirm it's not related to my mod and Accurate carnage applies to every melee attack (and carnage rolls of course).

+10 is indeed too strong in this case. I'm not sure what has to be done. At very mimimum, I should revert back to +5 and change the ability text.
The code is correct, the acuracy is filtered with carnage KW but the issue, I think, is that the whole attack becomes carnage tagged if it carries a carnage sub-status (a bit like an attack with a Poison status is tagged Poison and does not work on carnage immune).

Barbarians OP 🤪

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

Congratulations, you have found a PoE2 bug !!

Youhouh !

I confirm it's not related to my mod and Accurate carnage applies to every melee attack (and carnage rolls of course).

+10 is indeed too strong in this case. I'm not sure what has to be done. At very mimimum, I should revert back to +5 and change the ability text.
The code is correct, the acuracy is filtered with carnage KW but the issue, I think, is that the whole attack becomes carnage tagged if it carries a carnage sub-status (a bit like an attack with a Poison status is tagged Poison and does not work on carnage immune).

Barbarians OP 🤪

I just tested and it showed in the tooltip, but did not apply to the attack. It correctly applied to the carnage hit, but not the main attack. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Ivanfyodorovich said:

I just tested and it showed in the tooltip, but did not apply to the attack. It correctly applied to the carnage hit, but not the main attack. 

Oh that's weird. I have different results with vanilla game. And carnage accuracy should IMHO scale with level but does not.

It looks like 1.3.2 will be delayed a bit.

Edited by Elric Galad

Congrats to @Astartez for discovering a bug that was sitting there right in front of us the whole time - and nobody else noticed.

I've done countless hours of Barb play and never even took Accurate Carnage because I thought it's such a waste of good ability points. :)

I personally wouldn't change the effect of the ability. Makes it viable after all. I would just alter the description. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

13 hours ago, Astartez said:

I did check the combat log and the +10 also showed up in the attack roll.

That's what I thought but I don't know what may be going on my end if it's just me. I've just started a new game on the latest steam version with all the DLCs a few days ago.

Could my save have been somehow "corrupted" by a mod? The only mods I've installed that could affect passives are the "Community Patch", "Carnage and Powder Burns Indicators" and this mod. I have also installed "FG Party Items Upgrade" and "FG Soulbound Upgrade" which might be outdated (and I only say as much because some of the party item upgrades are missing) but I feel like these shouldn't go anywhere near Accurate Carnage.

As far as I know, some passive need to be re-acquired for the change from a mod to be applied correctly (their static part ; their active part such as fire godlike fire shield work in general). There might be a reversed effect in this case. Anyway I'll be more at ease if someone without any mod could confirm the issue.

Carnage indicator mod could be the most likely cause. I use it too.

Anyway, I'm going to create a dedicated thread about this cause it goes beyond BPM. I'll try to address it when the diagnostic is confirmed.

48 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I personally wouldn't change the effect of the ability. Makes it viable after all. I would just alter the description. 

I admit this would be the easiest fix.
I also have to adress carnage accuracy not scaling with PL (since I did a similar thing with other "offensive passives" to align their accuracy with those from active abilities ; a +1/PL acc bonus should apply).

Edited by Elric Galad

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Congrats to @Astartez for discovering a bug that was sitting there right in front of us the whole time - and nobody else noticed.

Went from naming my first island to discovering my first bug, quite the adventure I guess 😅. I just hope it's an easy fix (if anyone plans on fixing it), for now I'll try to avoid exploiting it.

Also thanks for all the work being put into this. So far I like the changes that have I've seen implemented, and along with the Community Patch it makes many abilities a lot more enticing to get… Also makes deciding what skills to get every level a bit harder but I that's part of the fun in my case. Still have a lot to see in game but so far it looks great.

• Like 1