PoE3 combat system poll  

40 members have voted

1. 1. If Pillars 3 would be released what kind of combat would you like to have?

• Turn-based, like e.g. the new BG3
    • Both, like in Pillars 2
    • Real-time with pause like in Pillars 1 or Pillars 2
    • Real-time with pause as in older games like BG2

DLCs in generally just seem to have a denser and better paced content, which benefits from the heavy lore lifting of the main game. Plus the main game's contents get deferred to dozens of writers, level designers, and artists. It's hard to get all of that to cohere. DLCs offer more freedom and opportunity to explore something unique that is hard to weave into the larger experience. So I do think they prove others are just as capable of taking over, I also don't think they are admonishments of Sawyer.

I voted both because I think it is good to have a choice. I do not care because I like both real time and turn based games.

The new pathfinder game will have both and you can switch between combat modes while playing. They said its balanced for rtwp, but the TB mod for PK was very popular and it makes things easier for some players.

PS: What is the difference between rtwp like in PoE and rtwp like in BG? Do you mean 6 second rounds vs each action has its own action and recovery time or something else?

1 minute ago, Madscientist said:

PS: What is the difference between rtwp like in PoE and rtwp like in BG? Do you mean 6 second rounds vs each action has its own action and recovery time or something else?

Yup, I think it's easier to balance TB into RTwP than RTwP into TB (unless using an ATB system, like it has been said from the beginning of TB Beta).

Maybe they should make it a first person shooter. 

nowt

9 hours ago, daven said:

Maybe they should make it a first person shooter. 

TB first person shooter

• Haha 3