8 damage reduction until you are hit. So... like once? Considering how long it takes to chug one potion... ooof.

Anyone bother with this? Is this a tank potion or for squishies?

I know potions are basically limited and well known problem, but for discussions sake...

No, it takes several hits/crits until it's gone. I don't remember the exact number of hits. 8 or 10 or so. In Deadfire it's 10. The description is really bad. 

Note that grazes do NOT count. So if you have high defenses (e.g. via Mirrored Images) so that enemies mostly graze you then the Iron Skin lasts forever basically. Only hits and crits count. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

hahahaah What!?

Yeah that's atrocious description. Geeeez. Thanks for the clarification. It's value is much more apparent now.

Pillars is pretty good at transparent mechanics but hoo boy this one.

Edited by Ignatius

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

hahahaah What!?

Yeah that's atrocious description. Geeeez. Thanks for the clarification. It's value is much more apparent now.

Pillars is pretty good at transparent mechanics but hoo boy this one.

The description for mirror image is also fubared. 

Yes, Mirrored Images gets reduced a bit with every hit/crit until it's gone. Grazes don't do anything if I remember correctly (not 100% sure anymore).

Wizard's Double gets removed instantly from any hits/crit (not only the ones that target deflection), but not from any graze (100% sure :)). So also here it can be very benefical to raise your defenses even before using it so that enemiesy can only graze you. Then it wil last forever. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods