Nomad's Brigandine + Imagined Pain (and other shenanigans)

Hello,

Nomad's Brigandine has an echantment named "Tactical Withdraw" that makes you immune to Disengagement Attacks. While I always thought this means immune to Engagement I now realized that this is not true. Instead you will still trigger Disengagement Attacks - but they will miss 100% (with a combat log message like "[...] but <charname> is immune!").

I just made a Monk with Nomad's Brigandine and Imagined Pain. Running around some Xaurip Champions to fill my wound count to max in a matter of seconds.

Also Riposte and Offensive Parry do trigger on those "misses" (might be a way to make both worthwhile in Turn Based Mode).

Have fun with this info! ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

28 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

No, Riposte works as usual: only a certain percentage of misses will trigger a Riposte. Offensive Parry however will proc 100% of times. 

Awesome, do you happen to know how Offensive Parry on a weapon and the Ability Riposte work together? Can 2 separate ripostes proc off a single enemy miss?

Edited by coralzombie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, coralzombie said:

Awesome, do you happen to know how Offensive Parry on a weapon and the Ability Riposte work together? Can 2 separate ripostes proc off a single enemy miss?

Yes, they do stack and proc separately from each other, so an Offensive Parry + a Riposte getting triggered from the same miss is common. 

2 hours ago, dgray62 said:

Thanks for sharing this observation. It's increasingly clear that Imagined Pain, with the right equipment, is an amazing ability!

It's fun. If you use it with a Shattered Pillar you'll get wounds from Imagined Pain and from the Offensive Parry (does count as "auto-attack" and generates wounds for a Shattered Pillar). So getting 10 wounds* by running past some guys is easy.  

*10 wounds on Shattered Pillar with Community Patch, else only 5 max.

3 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, they do stack and proc separately from each other, so an Offensive Parry + a Riposte getting triggered from the same miss is common. 

Thank you sir!  I think a rapier is on the way for a singlehanded type build.  I may also probably create an additional Item to boost riposte chance perhaps a trinket or belt.

Based on your post about riposte fun I made this Rapier. It is main hand only and the ability attached to it only works if the character is wielding it with an empty off hand.  Holding a shield, melee weapon or ranged weapon in the off hand cancels the effect.   Tested and working.

4kjCqsE.png

XJLf1Vw.png

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Helwalker/Streetfighter with Nomad’s Brigandine, Imagined Pain, Riposte and Offensive Parry would be a triple combo fest 😄

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

39 minutes ago, AndreaColombo said:

Helwalker/Streetfighter with Nomad’s Brigandine, Imagined Pain, Riposte and Offensive Parry would be a triple combo fest 😄

Unfortunately Imagined Pain is a tier nine ability, not available to multi classes. But I wonder if Nomad's Brigandine would still be great for a shadow dancer build, despite the unavailability of Imagined Pain? You could get Parting Sorrow, but that only procs if the enemy breaks your engagement, right?

33 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

Unfortunately Imagined Pain is a tier nine ability, not available to multi classes. But I wonder if Nomad's Brigandine would still be great for a shadow dancer build, despite the unavailability of Imagined Pain? You could get Parting Sorrow, but that only procs if the enemy breaks your engagement, right?

Not only. Also when the enemy is ragdolled or... dies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Haplok said:

Not only. Also when the enemy is ragdolled or... dies.

That's right; thanks, Haplok. I remember the old thread where you and others pointed out how killing foes, pushing them, knocking them prone, etc. also triggers parting sorrow. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Aljxndr said:

Hello, I was wondering if perhaps the gipons prudensco armor with the immunity to engagement would have a similar effect? 

Yes, it works the same if you pick the "Fight Another Day" enchantment.

• Like 2