Hallöchen,

I never though about this much but today I fought around a bit with Tekehu (Stormspeaker) and Aloth (Wizard, wearing Cap of the Laughingstock) and used Wall of Draining with Aloth while fighting off two Risen Soldiers. It prolonged the chants just fine. So I tested it out more and gave Tekehu a chant that was composed of a lot of different support phrases: they all got applied to Aloth (as expected) and stayed there with his Wall of Draining active. Which is quite hilrarious. 

I'm now thinking about a Bloodmage/Troubadour who uses Brisk Recication to scat a lot of different support phrases quickly while prolonging their effects with Wall of Draining. Main advantage would be that you wouldn't need to actively cast self buffs but just stack them passively while casting other stuff (like CC or damage).

Sounds good or silly?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

20 hours ago, Lunateric said:

Sasha's Scimitar with coil too so you can have all those chanter buffs and all those tier 3 inspirations?

And I presume you'd want Griffin's Blade in your offhand for the extra 10% damage boost for both spells and invocations.

Also, if the +5 PL boost from empowering an invocation with Sasha's singing scimitar stacks with the Bellower PL boost, that would be incredible. But then one would have to do a Bellower/vanilla wizard multiclass, since Bloodmage blocks all empowered attacks.

Edited by dgray62

You can just make a priest instead and use Salvation of Time to prolong the buffs on the entire party, not just yourself. With the coil you can always have brilliant (and give it to you party too with the robes of the Weyc). With Weyc's Wand and death godlike you can also have always +6PL because of Barring Death's Door. While the bellower can have 6 more PL, the troubadour can cast more often which might be better overall (not sure how many jumps you can gain with Eld Nary)... The troubadour can gain in fact 5 phrases every 6s because Brisk Recitation + Muse of Mistery + Brilliant they all stack, while the bellower gains 3 phrases every 6s but his invocations cost less.

8 hours ago, Boeroer said:

They stack.

How does the Bellower +PL mechanic work ?

So I understand you cast an Invocation and get +PL for consumed phrases.

Then you can extend the +PL duration with SoT, no problem with that either.

But now, how exactly does the +PL work mechanically. You get it once with let's say +5PL and prolong it with SoT.

Now you cast another Invocation wich would give you +6PL.

What happens now ? 

Does the +5PL get overwritten by +6PL or does it add up to +11PL ?

I would test it but I'm on PS4 and don't have a Bellower/Priest at hand.

Good question. I didn't actually test that. I assume the old one gets cleared and the new one takes over - or the higher one supresses the lowers - but I can't say for sure.

Let me test...

Edit:

I had 6 phrases (max) when I cast "So Singt..." (costs 5) and got the +6 PL Bellower bonus.
Then I waited until I had 3 phrases again and cast "The Shield Cracks" (costs 3). When looking at the PL bonus it was still at 6, not 3. So it was not replaced. In order to check if they stack if you are not at max phrase counter yet I did the following:

I started a new battle, waited until I had 3 phrases only and cast The Shield Cracks: got +3 PL. Then did the same again and still only +3. So they don't stack at all. Suppression seems most likely. But no matter how it's done internally: you can't stack the Bellower bonuses but keep the highest individial one. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, dgray62 said:

How do you get the Muse of Mystery enchantment? I understand you can get it in the Forgotten Sanctum, but I do not see much information about this online.

If you bind the robes of the Weyc to your chanter then you get this ability at lvl2 (it triggers when you empower an invocation - which can be done every fight with Sasha's scimitar)

• Like 1