Reputation Overload - The Evolution of RPG Reputation Mechanics

kirottu

How come he has such a mighty beard on his avatar picture but is clean shaven in the interview? Heathen, I tell you what.

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Skazz said:

Yes. Josh is a good guy and deserves a comeback.

I must say, until Josh pointed it out I didn't realize how great is Disco's mechanic of adding modifiers to stat checks depending on our previous action and choices... this is such a neat way of implimenting reactivity. Let's take something as underwhelming as convincing Saren to commit suicide, and instead of flat checks if you maxed out renedage/peragon add modifiers based on our interactions with him throughout the game, making such ending only possible if we made actions throughout the game that would support our argument there at the end, plus a high paragon/renegade check :woot:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Skazz said:

Yes. Josh is a good guy and deserves a comeback.

I'm torn between responding with Kim Kardashian or LL Cool J

4 hours ago, Wormerine said:

I must say, until Josh pointed it out I didn't realize how great is Disco's mechanic of adding modifiers to stat checks depending on our previous action and choices... this is such a neat way of implimenting reactivity. Let's take something as underwhelming as convincing Saren to commit suicide, and instead of flat checks if you maxed out renedage/peragon add modifiers based on our interactions with him throughout the game, making such ending only possible if we made actions throughout the game that would support our argument there at the end, plus a high paragon/renegade check

I haven't watched the video yet but how is this different from something like Jaethal's redemption in Kingmaker? NVM I watched it

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21