Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Fallout New Vegas has always been on the top of my list when it comes to gaming and especially in the fallout franchise and I really miss the feel of those types of fallout games developed by obsidian and interplay. I was thinking after a video I saw that the next fallout game might come out anywhere from 2027-2030 because Bethesda wants to continue with their other new IPs. I thought since the success of Outer Worlds there might be a possibility to reacquire the license or at least for just another game. Also just a thought since the van buren project was scrapped with many of its story elements still intact it could serve as a basis for a new game. Best case scenario obsidian gets Bethesda’s attention they give them the license for a game and they buy it from them but anything down that road would be awesome I know a lot of fans and probably the majority are hoping for this. I hope obsidian sees this

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Connor Stewart said:

Fallout New Vegas has always been on the top of my list when it comes to gaming and especially in the fallout franchise and I really miss the feel of those types of fallout games developed by obsidian and interplay. I was thinking after a video I saw that the next fallout game might come out anywhere from 2027-2030 because Bethesda wants to continue with their other new IPs. I thought since the success of Outer Worlds there might be a possibility to reacquire the license or at least for just another game. Also just a thought since the van buren project was scrapped with many of its story elements still intact it could serve as a basis for a new game. Best case scenario obsidian gets Bethesda’s attention they give them the license for a game and they buy it from them but anything down that road would be awesome I know a lot of fans and probably the majority are hoping for this. I hope obsidian sees this

Won't happen my friend. Todd Howard has stated that from now on they will keep the Fallout series in house. Also Obsidian has lost quite a few quality people over the years due to disagreements with management so it wouldn't be the same awesome Obsidian that made F:NV.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re right, I can only hope. I’ve heard somewhere that it’s unlikely that it’ll happen but they don’t dismiss it outright. Yea it’s best not to get my hopes up though. It’s sad a great franchise and my favorite one is doomed to fail by Bethesda 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a dead horse at this point, let the idiots at Bethesda keep it.

How about, you know, expanding on The Outer Worlds?  Which, imo, is better than Fallout, as Tim Cain, lead designer of both games, agrees.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

'He who seeks to defend everything, defends nothing."

King Frederick the Great of Prussia

OUT OF STOCK

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's super unlikely to happen. It was for a while, but it is especially now when Obsidian isn't an independent company. Assuming Bethesda would be willing to do something like that, they would not be hiring Obsidian - they would have to come to some agreement with Microsoft. And Microsoft has no incentive to work on someone elses IP and share profits, while they can have Obsidian work on their own stuff - like TheOuterWorlds2 for example. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it's already bad enough that Obsidian is now firmly under Microsoft's yoke and backing stupid Kickstarter projects in dumb Central European countries so let's not add insult to injury and hope that there's a beacon of hope with more TOW stuff.

'He who seeks to defend everything, defends nothing."

King Frederick the Great of Prussia

OUT OF STOCK

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Fallout: Chicago -- make it the location of the master controller base for all other fallout shelters. The data collected over many generations is used to create a new generation of super-soldiers who emerge to resettle the planet in grand 1950s style. You're one of the supermutant rejects from base zero who manages to escape and now it's your task to save the survivors from this impending onslaught. Or not. Either way you're a hunted figure seeking a way to escape your fate.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 2:35 PM, ComradeMaster said:

It's a dead horse at this point, let the idiots at Bethesda keep it.

How about, you know, expanding on The Outer Worlds?  Which, imo, is better than Fallout, as Tim Cain, lead designer of both games, agrees.

Is it really? Is that why I still get the itch to play New Vegas over Outer Worlds? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 8:36 PM, Blodhemn said:

Is it really? Is that why I still get the itch to play New Vegas over Outer Worlds? 

Yeah, I'd go Fallout (1, 2, and Tactics) every day of the week and twice on Sundays over The Outer Worlds. It's not that I hated it or anything but I dunno, it felt too console shootery to me if that makes any kind of sense to anyone other than me, myself, and that one guy over there somewhere.  It just wasn't my jam or my brand.

 

  • Thanks 1

Free games updated 3/6/19

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2020 at 11:49 AM, ShadySands said:

Yeah, I'd go Fallout (1, 2, and Tactics) every day of the week and twice on Sundays over The Outer Worlds. It's not that I hated it or anything but I dunno, it felt too console shootery to me if that makes any kind of sense to anyone other than me, myself, and that one guy over there somewhere.  It just wasn't my jam or my brand.

 

Yeah, I thought I'd go easy and mention a game from last decade instead of going 20 years deep and still choosing that game over TOW.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...