13 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

5 x -6/-7 would be fine. It's a power increase, sure, but I would not consider it especially OP.

if - all defenses is used, it becomes something like -5x6 all defense plus -10 deflection for a total of -30 to all defenses and -40 to deflection. That sounds potentially a bit too much. - all defense worths about twice more than - deflection. I think something like -20 all defenses cap would be enough (-2 x 10 for example) and even a bit strong.

No no, the 5x -6/-7 would only be for CB additional malus meaning only deflection, so with all malus for deflection, that's -40 Def (-30 from CB cause flanked is supressed and -10 from all def malus (eg. shining beacon)) and -10 For/Ref/Will (again eg. shining beacon) that would be the most defence direct effect when you try to lower Deflection, other than that nothig changes. While remembering that CB is single target and all AoE spells and abilities will just aply non-stacking -10 Deflection (Flanked) effect from blinded or stunned.

Per aspera ad astra

Bez tytułu.png

Just now, Frykas said:

No no, the 5x -6/-7 would only be for CB additional malus meaning only deflection, so with all malus for deflection, that's -40 Def (-30 from CB cause flanked is supressed and -10 from all def malus (eg. shining beacon)) and -10 For/Ref/Will (again eg. shining beacon) that would be the most defence direct effect when you try to lower Deflection, other than that nothig changes. While remembering that CB is single target and all AoE spells and abilities will just aply non-stacking -10 Deflection (Flanked) effect from blinded or stunned.

Ah, then it's ok. -6 or -7 seem fine.

• Like 1

Okay, these are clearly days for discoveries. Trying to do the thing desclibed in post above and testing it I made another discovery and found out there is much simpler way to achieve what CP tried to with stacking flanked with CB, that is to have -2 (in vanilla -3) malī

Spoiler

(apparently proper plular form of malus (another discovery))

to be added to -10 Def from flanked (from blinded) so you don't have to overcome it with subsequent hits. And instead, for it to be added whem hitting enemy with CB. Apparently there are three not as I assumed two values that matter. 

"GameDataObjects": [{
            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
            "DebugName": "Confounding_Blind_SE_Deflection",
            "ID": "b9362648-2d0d-4f57-b67b-a3be15d12f30",
            "Components": [{
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "StatusEffectType": "Deflection",
                    "OverrideDescriptionString": -1,
                    "OverrideDescriptionStringTactical": -1,
                    "UseStatusEffectValueAs": "None",

"BaseValue": -10,

"DynamicValue": {
                        "Stat": "None",
                        "SkillDataID": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
                        "ClassID": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
                        "MultiplyBy": 1,
                        "Operator": "Add"
                    },
                    "KeywordsIDs": [],
                    "DurationType": "UseDurationTime",
                    "Duration": 15,
                    "MaxStackQuantity": 0,
                    "ApplicationBehavior": "UseLongerDurationIfAlreadyApplied",
                    "ApplicationType": "ApplyOnStart",
                    "IntervalRateID": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
                    "StackedChildrenApplyEffects": "false",
                    "InclusionConditions": {
                        "Operator": 0,
                        "Components": []
                    },
                    "ApplicationPrerequisites": {
                        "Conditional": {
                            "Operator": 0,
                            "Components": []
                        }
                    },
                    "TriggerAdjustment": {
                        "TriggerOnEvent": "OnDamaged",
                        "TriggerOffEvent": "None",
                        "ValidateWithAttackFilter": "false",
                        "ParamValue": 0,

"ValueAdjustment": -3,

"DurationAdjustment": 0,
                        "ResetTriggerOnEffectTimeout": "false",

"MaxTriggerCount": 8,

"IgnoreMaxTriggerCount": "false",
                        "RemoveEffectAtMax": "false",
                        "ChanceToTrigger": 1

I added additional "enters" in code to show them more clearly. those values are: BaseValue, ValueAdjustment and MaxTriggerCount.

Value from BaseValue is applied on the attack that aplies the effect. ValueAdjustment (for this ability) is applied on every hit even on the hit that applies the BaseValue and the ability effect. MaxTriggerCount limits how many times ValueAdjustment can be added. So to make it that you start to lower enemy Def with every hit even when applying CB we just set it to: -10/-3/8 (BaseValue/ValueAdjustmnet/MaxTriggerCount) as this causes our first hit with the ability (like at the tip of the sword) to aply -13 (-10 BaseValue, -3 ValueAdjustment) malus and if dual-wielding or just next hit if not dual-wielding to apply -3 (ValueAdjustment) thus using the -10 BaseValue to alredy be on par with malus from Flanked and then supress it with adding -3 for each hit. If that is too fast we can just as easily change it to: -10/-2/12, both will cap at -34 Def only in diffrent number of subsequent hits.

I will upload it and try to contact the fine lads from CP as maybe they'd like to use this. Or maybe I'll find out what I missed about stacking flanking. I'll post the link to this tiny mod of mine here as well. It will include the simple fix for Flanked malus "fluctuating" depending on the source of Flanked.

Stay safe and play some games at home and all that. All best!

Edit: Hey @Boeroer, take a look at that? Couldn't get a hold of MaxQuest on Nexus 😅

Edited by Frykas
  • Like 2

Per aspera ad astra

Bez tytułu.png

@Frykas: unfortunately @MaxQuest has diappeared completely from these forums (or from the whole internet it seems). And that's the only channel we have to contact him (besides Nexus).

@Phenomenum was the other forum member who coded the Community Patch (and he's still here from time to time).
I made the custom icons for all passives for the CP but didn't touch the mechanics and didn't alter any JSON files.
So I would give @Phenomenum a call (which is basically done by me tagging him ;)). 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods