Hello,

When using Incarnate of Eothas, I noticed that one of the female dawnstar summoned by this spell has an "infinite recovery time".

After using an ability for the first time, her recovery seems to be stuck forever and she is not able to act again.

Is anyone else having the same issue ?

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Hehe. 

Actually I do use summons - just not that one. The -5 PL and the alternative spells at that tier lead me to not taking this. 

I know. I stayed away from it too. Big malus plus vague description about what you summon (which is a common feature of CRPG) lead people to stay away.

But now that I have the actual numbers... Wow, this is arguably the most powerful summon spell of the game. I think one of the Priest used a Symbol in mt testing. And you get 3 characters for the Price of 1 spell.

I mean... If it is not bugged.

Well, anyway, I'm going to mod this and replace the non-working Priest Incarnate by a working one.

At least it will correct the problem in my version, although I see no reason for this bug to exist only with my version of the game.

I guess if people didn't notice the bug, they won't notice the replacement either.

I tested them all yesterday night. The one Dawnstar is indeed hanging at 100% recovery all the time.

I read before that Wael's Incarnate is bad (maybe because it's squishy and can't tank?) - but it has a high rate of fire with those shocking bolts. It's like a turret with popping eyes. :) 
But yeah: maybe less effective than a properly setup Essential Phantom (which doesn't drain you 5 PL and is PL4). 

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

I tested them all yesterday night. The one Dawnstar is indeed hanging at 100% recovery all the time.

I read before that Wael's Incarnate is bad (maybe because it's squishy and can't tank?) - but it has a high rate of fire with those shocking bolts. It's like a turret with popping eyes. :) 
But yeah: maybe less effective than a properly setup Essential Phantom (which doesn't drain you 5 PL and is PL4). 

Thank you for your testing !

I was trying to tease someone's curiosity.
The fix is extremely easy but require to cut some content (replace second priest by a copy of the first : they were supposed to have different abilities).

Still very annoying that such a bug made it to 5.0.
Some abilities get so few love that people don't even complain about them !

Wael's Incarnate is technically a Greater Storm Blight (armor and weapon) with Medium Storm Blight Abilities and a bit inflated attributes. Its defenses aren't much inflated though.
And Storm Blight summons aren't specially great as Tier IV- VI druid abilities.
And you can't even control it !
And indeed PL malus.

For my modding, I applied the same treatment as Blights (scaling weapon and armor), I added a fair amount of CON (still the frailest Incarnate, but a bit less) and added even more PER and DEX (reflex defense is extremely high now). PL malus has been flattened for all incarnate (only -1PL but lasts longer, also get duration reduced as an Hostile Effect).
I feel it is a satisfying auto-turret now, although probably worse than other Incarnate.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1