Reaping Knives won't despawn

Morkatog

Question

Hey guys,

After having once cast Reaping Knives on Eder, I seem to be completely unable to remove them and they won't despawn no matter what I do; traveling, removing from party, disabled mods, etc.

I doublechecked with the console command ToggleObjectHierarchy which shows the actual equipment still being present, but I can't find anything that allows me to remove the weapons. Any idea how I can fix this? My latest save was much larger than 1 MB, but it can be found at https://moradin.stackstorage.com/s/52ovXzcUrSwOJN1

4 answers to this question

Do you remember what happened that might have caused the reaping knives to stick around? Devs aren't going to be around to help fix issues anymore, so we're on our own. But it sounds a lot like a similar issue I had where grimoire imprint spell stuck around and I couldn't get rid of it. Sounds like some clean-up isn't getting properly triggered in certain circumstances.

One thing I would try if you haven't, is casting Reaping Knives again on Eder - maybe this time when it wears off it'll clean up properly?

Thanks for your suggestion Thelee. I confess I have no idea what happened when it got stuck; I only noticed much later that it did. Recasing it didn't work either.

Unfortunately I also couldn't find anything console command related or otherwise that might help me despawn them. I even tried modding the Reaping Knives to make them seem to be actual equipment.

A scroll of firebrand made no difference unfortunately either.

Edited by Morkatog

4 hours ago, Morkatog said:

Thanks for your suggestion Thelee. I confess I have no idea what happened when it got stuck; I only noticed much later that it did. Recasing it didn't work either.

Unfortunately I also couldn't find anything console command related or otherwise that might help me despawn them. I even tried modding the Reaping Knives to make them seem to be actual equipment.

A scroll of firebrand made no difference unfortunately either.

have you tried DestroyWeaponInSlot ?

290621460_ScreenShot2020-04-24at8_55_32AM.thumb.png.138713a375d6595130c42d8e664f3e51.png

edit - the downside would be needing to do iroll20s and disabling achievements :(

Edited by thelee

Edit2: I left the info below cause I thought it might be interesting, but the console command you need is: UnlockAllEquipmentSlots CompanionGUID , which can be found in characters.gamedatabundle. For Eder this would be UnlockAllEquipmentSlots 31167607-7bfd-417c-8dd6-d1808e4e2bb9

You pointed me in the right direction and I fixed it :) It wasn't the DestroyWeaponInSlot but RemoveItem, because no matter how much you mod it, it's not seen as an equipment item by the game.

For anyone else running into this problem:

1. Get yourself the mod that allows you to use iroll20s without losing achievements from NexusMods.

2. Launch the game, hit ~ and type iroll20s

3. hit ~ again and use the console command Use RemoveItem 3adfc7b9-aac1-452d-a213-e4636312e8b2 (copy paste that line) twice to remove both.

Are you experiencing this bug with another summoned weapon? The easiest way to find its GUID is to download and install NotePad++ > install the json viewer plugin > open your gamedata folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\exported\design\gamedata) and open the file 'items.gamedatabundle' with Notepad++ > Click Plugins > Json Viewer > Format JSON >hit  ctrl + f and search for the item name > note down the value behind "ID":

4. hit ~ again and use GiveItem <itemguid> to add the item to your stash, for example GiveItem d57c9ad6-2380-427b-86f2-b9a7134e7eba. The item GUID can be found using the info in step 3.

Equip the items again and you're good to go.

EDIT: Unfortunately it seems the weapon slot is completely locked. I'll have to find a way to edit the weapon / shield directly into the slots. I'll update this post once I figured out how.

Edited by Morkatog