1 hour ago, Hayashi.226 said:

How does one start this DLC? I've completed BoW, SSS and I'm right at the end of the game - I just have to do the final quests for a faction of my choosing then sail to you-know-where.

you haven't gotten an event regarding the black isles (an earthquake or wave)?

you might just be able to navigate manually - if the island has changed, you can just go down into FS without needing a quest or anything.

Guest Ontarah
16 hours ago, Hayashi.226 said:

How does one start this DLC? I've completed BoW, SSS and I'm right at the end of the game - I just have to do the final quests for a faction of my choosing then sail to you-know-where.

To get the "official" explicit start you have to have finished Ashen Maw and you need to be capable of going to the end game area.  This means having either completed one of the faction quest lines or having independently prepped your ship out to survive the journey.  To prep your boat you need to gather certain materials.  I don't know how much info you want on this given this is the no spoilers forum, but once you have the necessary materials you will get a ship encounter at sea with an NPC who will explicitly recruit you to begin the Forgotten Sanctum questline. 

If you don't want to wait for this explicit recruitment, the alternate method of starting is that once you are an appropriate level, a tsunami event will be triggered and it will be mentioned that the tsunami came from the SE.  You then can manually go to the island that has the Forgotten Sanctum and enter it that way and meet the aforementioned NPC who will give you the quest.  That NPC is on the second level down of the dungeon on the island. 

Edited by Ontarah

2 hours ago, Ontarah said:

To get the "official" explicit start you have to have finished Ashen Maw and you need to be capable of going to the end game area.  This means having either completed one of the faction quest lines or having independently prepped your ship out to survive the journey.

This is incorrect. Ashen Maw is enough. I have never prepped my ship, and I have never finished any of the faction quest lines, but I have done the Forgotten Sanctum twice.

After the Ashen Maw, there is an event at sea that tells you of a cataclysm at the Black Isle, and once you return to the maze there, you are able to start the last DLC. I agree that this is somewhat hazy and blurry in the game, as I also wasn't sure about how to start this DLC the first time.

16 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

This is incorrect. Ashen Maw is enough. I have never prepped my ship, and I have never finished any of the faction quest lines, but I have done the Forgotten Sanctum twice.

What Ontarah is saying is that to have full start to FS (Llengrath invitation) you need ship capable of reaching Ukaizo and that's correct as far as I know from  my experience. Idk if it was intended or that's a bug. 

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

I didn't get the invitation (guess wasn't fully prepped, certainly finished Ashen Maw), and went there manually. Missed some content, though. Bekarna was dead, so missed all quests from her. Also despite clearly siding with one of the mages, never got the quest from them to collect these items that can be used to enchant something to Mythic.

6 hours ago, Waski said:

What Ontarah is saying is that to have full start to FS (Llengrath invitation) you need ship capable of reaching Ukaizo and that's correct as far as I know from  my experience. Idk if it was intended or that's a bug. 

Ok. So there are two different things, the cataclysm on the island and the formal invitation you may receive from Llengrath? If this is so, then apologies -- I didn't know about this second possibility at all.

Edited by xzar_monty

Guest Ontarah

Yeah I actively tested the Llengrath invitation thing because I was having the same problem as OP.  I explicitly wanted the invite from her because I thought the other introduction via tsunami was so weak that it provided no roleplaying reason for me to actually investigate.  My first playthrough she had triggered and she didn't on my second and I didn't understand why.   I looked up some things and as it turned out I was missing 1 last piece of hull upgrade material.  Once I got that and returned to my ship, she appeared immediately.  

6 hours ago, Haplok said:

I didn't get the invitation (guess wasn't fully prepped, certainly finished Ashen Maw), and went there manually. Missed some content, though. Bekarna was dead, so missed all quests from her. Also despite clearly siding with one of the mages, never got the quest from them to collect these items that can be used to enchant something to Mythic.

I don't think your problems(bekarna&godseed) had anything with starting FS without invitation. Most of the time I did it like that (no invitation) and never had anything like what You descibing.

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Guest Ontarah

You can accidentally

Spoiler

kill Bekarna if you cast Llengrath's spell to kill everyone in the Collections before you repair Bekarna's memory.  If you repair her memory she goes and stands by the imps in the Temple of Revelation and is thus safe from that spell.   Also, to get Llengrath to give me the Godseed quest I had to cast her spell in the Collections *and* I had to give her all four of the "books of Llengrath" that are scattered around the archives.  These four books are easy to miss.  They are marked on your map but for some reason don't show up well with Tab highlight so I had to go back for one or two I missed on both playthroughs.   I'm assuming the reverse is true to get Tayn to give you the quest.

Edited by Ontarah

Guest Ontarah
1 minute ago, Haplok said:

Hmm, that might be how I killed Bekarna indeed. 

But regarding God seed, I'm pretty sure I returned the compiled book to Llengrath and did what she asked at the Collections. Still, the Godseed quest never triggered. 

Well, there's two conversations about the book.  The first is just that you mention you found this weird book with her name on it and she looks at it and then gives it back to you and asks you to look for more.  To get the quest completed you have to actually return all four books to her.  

This quest is called Root and Branch.  Maybe try checking your quest list to see if it's showing up as completed or failed or what.