59 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

It comes from here :
https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Night_Club

But I have not been thinking about stats that much.

Also I love club modal but I don't love that much the current Unique Ones, so...

The night club is now in progress.  Hopefully can make it stronger during night time. Will post a s/s here when I have something put together.

56 minutes ago, thelee said:

on skaen's challenge it's fun using club modal with simple torches. it's as if the enemy is so baffled i'm whacking (and beating!) them with a torch that their willpower is destroyed.

SPEAKING of which, what about a unique torch? even just a magical one? (no, st. drogga's torch doesn't count because it's a saber)

I think the night club will also function as a torch with burning lash and the FX.  Have a decent back story in mind already.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 8:47 AM, Boeroer said:

Pikes are also underused I think. Lance of the Midwood Stag is good but very... special 

I think this weapon could have a great potenial as a on a Beguiler.

Granted you need to be either multiclassed with a druid or with a druid in your party (or maybe... scrolls ?), but the effect of +2 PL would be pretty great with your Deception Spell refund and your Cipher spells in general. Disintigrate also benefit a lot from PL. It's almost like being ascended all the time. You would need another backup weapon for sure. Maybe with a Fighter Multiclass for Quickswitch (and general fighter goodness) ? 

Edited by Elric Galad

10 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Oh my bad, too fast reading...

My vote for purple

The night club emits a purple flame. Is a fine based weapon and also has burning lash.   Should have a couple more mods. I think maybe Burning bash (15% fire dmg to enemies in small aoe on kill)

Need direction. Give me some clues.

Just now, coralzombie said:

The night club emits a purple flame. Is a fine based weapon and also has burning lash.   Should have a couple more mods. I think maybe Burning bash (15% fire dmg to enemies in small aoe on kill)

Need direction. Give me some clues.

OK, so as for Sun & Moon, it should have separate effect for night & day.

<Brainstorming on>
By Night, Night Club has a chance to Charm Target on hit (vs Will, so good Synergy with the Modal). Can be improved with Dominatrix upgrades that upgrades Charmed to Dominated.
By Day, Night Club has "Clean up the Mess" mod that cause -5s Hostile effect when hitting allies. Can be improved with "Secret Reveler" to 10s.
Has mod Drug Dealer that causes one of the drug effect on target (Ally or foe) for short duration... that causes a crash when wear off. 
Has mod Hard Beat that has a chance to cause a lasting effect that Interrupt target every 3s.

Mutual exclusiveness to be debated.
<Brainstorming off>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elric Galad said:

OK, so as for Sun & Moon, it should have separate effect for night & day.

<Brainstorming on>
By Night, Night Club has a chance to Charm Target on hit (vs Will, so good Synergy with the Modal). Can be improved with Dominatrix upgrades that upgrades Charmed to Dominated.
By Day, Night Club has "Clean up the Mess" mod that cause -5s Hostile effect when hitting allies. Can be improved with "Secret Reveler" to 10s.
Has mod Drug Dealer that causes one of the drug effect on target (Ally or foe) for short duration... that causes a crash when wear off. 
Has mod Hard Beat that has a chance to cause a lasting effect that Interrupt target every 3s.

Mutual exclusiveness to be debated.
<Brainstorming off>

Will see if any of this can work.,  Looks pretty possible except for maybe "Hard Beat"

Here is the the item description:

Night Club

Originally crafted by an enterprising Orlan in the Gullet as a stylish torch carried by the harlots of the local brothels. The intention was to emit a softer light than the standard torch, meant to highlight the bosom and hips while simultaneously hiding the more unflattering sicknesses such as scurvy, pox or the dreaded "hot wind"

They gained widespread fame after an incident involving a strumpet by the name of Runny Jenny (or her given name Clyde) who used it to beat several customers for refusing to pay for services rendered.

• Like 1

Made a club.  Purple flame torch with club fighting animation stance.  Reveals fog of war just like a regular torch.

88hmTsc.png

ShG0TY2.png

Day time Smack em Around -  Ability is "Regular John's"  ( -7 seconds duration beneficial effects when hitting enemy, -7 seconds hostile effects when hitting ally)

Night time Dominatrix -    Ability is " VIP treatment"   (25% chance to Dominate Kith enemy on critical hit)

Ladyboy Special - adds Give'em Herps.    Herpes doesn't discriminate, it works day and night.

yuQVEGH.png

Edited by coralzombie
  • Like 3

Wow this is great !

It really feels like a true item from the game (well, a bit easter eggish one but still)

Excellent weapon for a Black Jacket (due to club modal and active effect purging effect) !

Slight stupid question : is the club animation realistic considering you are wearing a torch ? I mean, do people orient their torch toward ground ?

Edited by Elric Galad

3 hours ago, coralzombie said:

Ladyboy Special - adds Give'em Herps.    Herpes doesn't discriminate, it works day and night.

Less funny this one... Maybe replace it with:

Shook'em all night long - 20% chance to give fatigue

14 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

Less funny this one... Maybe replace it with:

Shook'em all night long - 20% chance to give fatigue

Well, maybe not calling it Ladyboy Special would help. There was already a Transgender sensitivity problem which happened during PoE1.

But Fatigue would be fun too. Or non-affliction based stacking penalty to CON.

Edited by Elric Galad

6 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Wow this is great !

It really feels like a true item from the game (well, a bit easter eggish one but still)

Excellent weapon for a Black Jacket (due to club modal and active effect purging effect) !

Slight stupid question : is the club animation realistic considering you are wearing a torch ? I mean, do people orient their torch toward ground ?

If I set it to use torch animation the mod's that add on hit proc's stop working.  Something about the connection between animation - model - itemods needs to be altered at a level I am unable to modify.

5 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Well, maybe not calling it Ladyboy Special would help. There was already a Transgender sensitivity problem which happened during PoE1.

But Fatigue would be fun too. Or non-affliction based stacking penalty to CON.

I won't change the effect but I will change the enchant name away from ladyboy special to something more friendly.  Possibilities:

Love's Reward

Get what you pay for

Brothel Gift

Ondra's Gift

Sailors Traumatic Disease

Edited by coralzombie
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, coralzombie said:

If I set it to use torch animation the mod's that add on hit proc's stop working.  Something about the connection between animation - model - itemods needs to be altered at a level I am unable to modify.

Good to know

2 minutes ago, coralzombie said:

I won't change the effect but I will change the enchant name away from ladyboy special to something more friendly.  Possibilities:

Love's Reward

Get what you pay for

Brothel Gift

Ondra's Gift

Sailors Traumatic Disease

Love's Reward seems fitting !
Or Get what you pay for maybe.

17 hours ago, dgray62 said:

That would be a great weapon for a Steel Garrote arcane knight to wield in the offhand, while having Concelhaut's Draining Touch active on the main hand!

Nice idea.  My aim is to make each item unique, fit into the game world, not be over powered and and adapt to  a build or be the base for a new build.

On 4/20/2020 at 2:37 PM, Crucis said:

Another problem that I have with pierce-only weapons is that if your character is using a pierce-only ranged weapon, the way I see it, the last thing you want for a melee weapon is another pierce only weapon.

Spears need love!     There is one spear that does Pierce / slash? Should there be another?  Maybe something  Pierce / elemental?

There  is a poleaxe that does slash/shock and another that does slash/blunt.  There needs to be another poleaxe or two, how should they work? Give me some ideas so I can build something.

Would a crossbow or arbalest that can do blunt damage be too much?

Edited by coralzombie

On 4/20/2020 at 12:29 PM, thelee said:

for me: spears, pollaxes, maces, stilettos, rapiers.

spears and pollaxes because when i plan out my parties engagement factors in, and rarely am I ever in a situation where I've planned around using a weapon to give me engagement. spears also get the shaft because weapons that do pierce damage only are uninspiring because pierce immunity feels like the most common.

maces - i think about PEN issues a lot, and while a mace could help a lot by debuffing AR by 1, these days I bring a long a chanter for shield breaks, have expose vulnerabilities, and otherwise am rarely in aistuation where debuffing AR by 1 helps enough characters (at least two, I think) to be worth using over just having the mace wielder use a weapon that grants +2 PEN.

stilettos - just don't really find the unique that inspiring, and by the time i'm strong enough to fight rust for his poignard I can't be bothered. Am making an effort this time around. Also, pierce-only weapon damage is a lame choice for me because of immunities.

rapiers - mostly because of the fact that it's pierce-only.

in the past i would also put arbalests and crossbows as under-used weapons, but these days i give basically every member of my party either arbalest or crossbow proficiency as their last proficiency just so that I have an easier time with Hauane O Whe.

What about a Mace with one enchantment with % the reduce AR by 1 on crit or hit and another that adds Brilliance % on any hit or just crits?  Viable for a priest / fighter multi?

Edited by coralzombie