Armor override player chose colors

Trying to figure out where to manipulate whether an armor overrides the player color pallet or not.   Some armors do such as Effigy Husk and other do not such as Principi Clothing.  Want to create armor that takes the players chosen color pallete and does not over ride it but using the base of existing plate armors that do.  Any clues where this is or if it is possible purely through .gamedata manipulation?

Sadly not, the only parameter (apart from OnEquipVisualEffects) that affects the appearance of the armor is a path to the unity asset:

{
	"$type": "Game.GameData.EquippableGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
	"DebugName": "Robe_Armor_U_Effigys_Husk",
	"ID": "54b1899b-13d0-4e2e-a1f6-35bada15554a",
	"Components": [
		{
			"$type": "Game.GameData.EquippableComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
			"AppearancePiece": {
				"ModelVisualDataPath": "prefabs/items/appearance/body/cl/cl21/a_cl21_v02.asset"
			}
		}
	]
}

Edited by Noqn
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2020 at 9:21 AM, Grape_You_In_The_Mouth said:

You could still do it, but you'd have to learn how to modify assets.  There is some info lying around here but I haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks I will see if I can find it.  I think the next direction I am going to go is to see if I can create an NPC, I  would like to create one to sell some of the items from my mod, and maybe make a scripted encounter tied to one of a few of my items.