1 hour ago, Dyxx said:

I have general idea for your mod.

Is it possible to add a transmogrifi button ?

So that it would be possible to walk in wich armor you want with any stats ?

I mean it's already in the game with those pet, the kitty cleaver ?

I bet it's a lot of work but I believe everyone would love it

Possibly possible.  Way more booleans than I want to mess with 😁

• Haha 1

Is it possible to give gloves a glowing effect ?

Maybe for a representative type of elemental damage ?

Would look cool for monks.

Maybe the gloves could change the element of turning wheel from monks and would only work if turning wheel is picked.

Frost lash - blue

Fire lady- red

I bet you know what I mean

Oh Berath if I only had a PC !

Edit: There is a lightning look a like on Deltros Cage

Edited by Dyxx

8 hours ago, Dyxx said:

Is it possible to give gloves a glowing effect ?

Maybe for a representative type of elemental damage ?

Would look cool for monks.

Maybe the gloves could change the element of turning wheel from monks and would only work if turning wheel is picked.

Frost lash - blue

Fire lady- red

I bet you know what I mean

Oh Berath if I only had a PC !

Edit: There is a lightning look a like on Deltros Cage

Does not seem so. Only items with a rendered visual model can get a glowing effect from what I see.   Also my idea for invisible weapon for monk is out the door,  I can make a weapon invisible but the monk will constantly attack with only 1 hand, the animation for unarmed attacks is not something I can tie to a weapon it seems.  Even tuotilos palm when made invisible does this also.

15 hours ago, coralzombie said:

Well, rings can in fact be enchanted.  I have made a monk specific one.  Should fit into some unarmed builds

4KMgaJd.png

Looks like barbed fists does not work on unarmed so I will be swapping that out with something else.

Are those effects all lashes or additive ?

9 minutes ago, Dyxx said:

Are those effects all lashes or additive ?

Ahh, not sure?  They show up in the combat log like this  on a roll of  20 crush you see+ 2 shock +2 pierce but the 10% unarmed damage is builtin to the first 20 dmg of crush and logged as such.

So I believe the 10% unarmed is additive while shock and pierce are lashes.

Edited by coralzombie

Lashes have to overcome AR seperately (what PEN do those lashes have?) so it can mena they are quity weak - but in general lashes are multiplicative and have the potential to be more powerful than additive dmg bonuses.

Anyway: +20% lashes AND 10% additive dmg bonus on a ring does seem like a bit much (unless late game or really expensive to enchant). If it were something like "Pitfighter Gloves" or somethig that wouldn't feel as overpowered (because you can't equip two gloves like two rings and also because there already are good gloves for monks which would compete for the glove slot). 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

16 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Anyway: +20% lashes AND 10% additive dmg bonus on a ring does seem like a bit much

yep, smth like shadowdancer can have +20% from that ring, +20% turning wheel, +15% lightning strikes, +10% kahako nihi, +5% hylea talons, +3% belt of magran and +10% horns of aurochs(conditional)

Total 83%, on rouge 😆, sweeeet. 

Put him next to herald for extra 30% (aefyllath..., shared flames), 113% 🤣

• Gasp! 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

11 minutes ago, Waski said:

yep, smth like shadowdancer can have +20% from that ring, +20% turning wheel, +15% lightning strikes, +10% kahako nihi, +5% hylea talons, +3% belt of magran and +10% horns of aurochs(conditional)

Total 83%, on rouge 😆, sweeeet. 

Put him next to herald for extra 30% (aefyllath..., shared flames), 113% 🤣

Well, a soul blade/rogue can already do more dps without any help from the party...

12 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

Well, a soul blade/rogue can already do more dps without any help from the party...

Hard to not agree but still it's pretty good output on autoattacks, I wonder if all that lashes would work on FF ability??? Or the ones tagged as "weapon" not??

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Lashes have to overcome AR seperately (what PEN do those lashes have?) so it can mena they are quity weak - but in general lashes are multiplicative and have the potential to be more powerful than additive dmg bonuses.

Anyway: +20% lashes AND 10% additive dmg bonus on a ring does seem like a bit much (unless late game or really expensive to enchant). If it were something like "Pitfighter Gloves" or somethig that wouldn't feel as overpowered (because you can't equip two gloves like two rings and also because there already are good gloves for monks which would compete for the glove slot). 

As all lashes that are enchantments these have the same PEN as the weapon being wielded.  In this case whatever the PEN on the unarmed attack is which scales per monk level.

Yes you can equip 2 rings but most rings in the game are sub-par at best. I created another ring, which is in the mod,  it is not monk only. Putting them both on a monk would be over powered but also why do that?  Should be spread around a bit. 

5% crit / 10% crit on this ring was changed to striding 10%.  Crit% on rings is not workable and does not work.

Also, I have created monk specific gloves already only usable by monk class. They are in the mod also.

Edited by coralzombie

1 hour ago, Kaylon said:

Ok, then let's just do some items that do 50% lashes and exclude Soulblade... 💆‍♂️

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, coralzombie said:

Sorry for you :( but hey you get a lot of cool games that  I don't.  Maybe someday someone will port my mod to ps4.

I'd like to see a possibility to mod Deadfire on PS4 but I can't see it happening.

I already asked if modding will be possible at any time but I didn't get a answer.

I'm glad if they fix all those bugs on PS4.

Oh god if I wouldn't be after this game since PC release I would have thrown it out of the window already !

On 4/16/2020 at 5:47 PM, Boeroer said:

I only know somebody from the forum who removed parts of weapons - for example the sabre "Aldris Blade of Captain Crow": removed the weird hand protection. 

The robe could be named "Obscure Haven" and the Cloak of Death ability simply "Eclipse" or "Total Eclipse". No need to put my name into it. :)

Am working to create this now. I am thinking I will put an effect on it that functions like Deltro's helmet but not shock. I am rolling the dice tonight to decide between fire, frost and decay.  Planning to use Berath's cloak as the item model since that item has no abilities and is not worth wearing in it's current form.

Edited by coralzombie

On 4/16/2020 at 5:09 PM, Boeroer said:

Aaand a robe that grants Cloak of Death. :)

Your request sir has been fulfilled.  It's a cape though so I half-assed it.

Soul Torture is the Wizard spell Cloak of Death. Usable 1 / per rest.

JFvWulT.png

Edited by coralzombie
  • Like 1