So I am actually making some monk armor and I am leaning toward giving it some sort of deflection bonus, not as much as Tutilo Palm of course wich can reach 28 but a small bonus to allow for monks who want to dual wield to have some sort of deflection source.  God idea or bad?  I don't play monk much.

10 hours ago, Kaylon said:

It would be nice to see a monk armor using the male dancer's outfit (with leather pants, naked torso and covered arms) - maybe borrow some attributes from other specific monk items (like monk resources on kill, add pierce damage to unarmed attacks, etc)

I came up with something for you. A weapon version of Tutilos palm with unarmed attack animation because it is invisible.

9 hours ago, dgray62 said:

It would be great to have more monk specific gauntlets, like BG & NWN. 2 extra mortifications isn't bad, but I miss the gauntlets that add extra damage types.

Unable to put wounds onto an item, i looked for an existing item that already did it and could not find one,  also no way to  put pierce damage in clothing sadly.  But I have completed monk specific gauntlets and they are super dope.

49 minutes ago, coralzombie said:

Unable to put wounds onto an item, i looked for an existing item that already did it and could not find one,  also no way to  put pierce damage in clothing sadly.  But I have completed monk specific gauntlets and they are super dope.

Maybe take a look at the https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Kāhako_Nihi

Brigandine to see how you could add lashes for unarmed attacks to items. 

I PoE there were the sandals of the Forgotten Friar which added some flat dmg to unarmed attacks. Also there were Blood Testament gloves that added a 2% raw lash per wound that you had. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

44 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Maybe take a look at the https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Kāhako_Nihi

Brigandine to see how you could add lashes for unarmed attacks to items. 

I PoE there were the sandals of the Forgotten Friar which added some flat dmg to unarmed attacks. Also there were Blood Testament gloves that added a 2% raw lash per wound that you had. 

Thanks!  I will look it over and see what I can do.  I am sure I can add the 10% pierce damage to the monk armor I created.  The armor as it is now has 0% recovery.  Since cloth has 0% recovery how much recovery do you think should be added to a cloth armor that has 10% damage dealt as pierced to unarmed attacks?  For balancing.  Opinions help.

I think this armor is going to have an enchantment choice to make it barb . monk friendly.

10% damage dealth as pierced for unarmed attacks.

or

On Critically Hit (with % chance) Frenzy:

Edited by coralzombie

3 hours ago, coralzombie said:

I came up with something for you. A weapon version of Tutilos palm with unarmed attack animation because it is invisible.

Yes, but if it's a weapon you don't benefit from Transcendent Suffering. Maybe if you don't want to make a specific monk armor, you can make another piece of equipment for them. Maybe a helmet with the Pearlescent Rhomboid Helstone skin.

56 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

Yes, but if it's a weapon you don't benefit from Transcendent Suffering.

What do you mean?

Tuotilo's Palm is a weapon and benefits from Transcendent Suffering.
Woedica's summoned "claws" are weapons and scaled with TS (before getting nerfed).

So it seems it's possible to create a weapon that scales with TS...? 

I just got an idea for a ring, so I'll post it here.

Gamblers Ring:

-two times upgradeable (is this possible?)

Active Ability:

Tier1: Grants a random T1 Inspiration and Affliction

Tier2: Grant's a random T2 Inspiration and Affliction 

Tier3: Grant's a random T3 Inspiration and Affliction 

And maybe some basic +5% outgoing hit to crit

and

+10% incoming Graze to Hit

Or maybe a scaling +0,5% Hit to Crit with Streetwise

Greetings Dyxx 

Edited by Dyxx

6 minutes ago, Dyxx said:

two times upgradeable (is this possible?)

I think only if you do it like Crown of the Exiled Queen or Least Unstable Coil - where the lesser version is completely replaced by the upgraded item...?

Hit to Crit based on Streetwise is a nice idea. :)

Edited by Boeroer

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

What do you mean?

Tuotilo's Palm is a weapon and benefits from Transcendent Suffering.
Woedica's summoned "claws" are weapons and scaled with TS (before getting nerfed).

So it seems it's possible to create a weapon that scales with TS...? 

If it uses monk's hand damage it's ok, but I'm not sure his weapon works that way.

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I think only if you do it like Crown of the Exiled Queen or Least Unstable Coil - where the lesser version is completely replaced by the upgraded item...?

Hit to Crit based on Streetwise is a nice idea. :)

Maybe make it Soulbound.

Upgrades after 25/50 uses

Edited by Dyxx

3 hours ago, Kaylon said:

If it uses monk's hand damage it's ok, but I'm not sure his weapon works that way.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither Tuotilo's Palm nor Woedica's Spiritual Weapon use "hand damage" afaik. They use their own base damage like any other weapon - only that they scale(d) with Transcendent Suffering (or Monastic Unarmed Training). Or don't they?

Tutilos palm scales with TS.  This weapon unlike my others will be a straight copy of tutilos so it will behave the same, and like tutilos will have slightly less damage but will scale,  it will be a claw icon or maybe a ring and use unarmed attack animation (where are brass knuckle icons ffs).  You will not see it on the character only on the paper doll. Will replace the 10% unarmed damage enchantment with 10% unarmed damage as pierce.  

Since it will be coded as a shield, you won't be able to wear it with tutilos palm which would be a bit crazy I think.

Many trinkets have been created, class specific and general use.

Rogues and stealthy types got a lot of love several items, daggers etc.  Need an idea for a stiletto or rapier or some other under represented weapons. 

Gamblers Ring:   Will make it, not sure if can enchant rings?   But I like the idea its going to happen. 

If I can get through all of this over the next 2 days I will release the mod on the Nexus,  Currently is exists there as "TT1 Unique Items Compatibility"  But that is a rough version of what I am doing,. Every item that already existed is  changed out from the original iteration in some way. Many many new items have been created and obviously based on ideas you all provide me I am creating more.  

Edited by coralzombie
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dyxx said:

I just got an idea for a ring, so I'll post it here.

Gamblers Ring:

-two times upgradeable (is this possible?)

Active Ability:

Tier1: Grants a random T1 Inspiration and Affliction

Tier2: Grant's a random T2 Inspiration and Affliction 

Tier3: Grant's a random T3 Inspiration and Affliction 

And maybe some basic +5% outgoing hit to crit

and

+10% incoming Graze to Hit

Or maybe a scaling +0,5% Hit to Crit with Streetwise

Greetings Dyxx 

scaling .05 hit to crit with a skill is definitely doable but also way to strong in m opinion. It would have to be something like .01 / or .02 streetwise point probably

1 minute ago, Dyxx said:

How is the scaling of other items which scale by a skill ?

Maybe you can orientate at that

It vary's from .005 to .25  but the way the game handles things you could very easily hit 90% crit rate I think with an item like this if I do it wrong.

• Gasp! 1

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither Tuotilo's Palm nor Woedica's Spiritual Weapon use "hand damage" afaik. They use their own base damage like any other weapon - only that they scale(d) with Transcendent Suffering (or Monastic Unarmed Training). Or don't they?

What I meant by hand damage is that you have the same base damage and speed as the fists. 

Edited by Kaylon

Cloth armor using Dancers outfit 1  the bare chested with leather arms and legs.

Raised recovery time from 0 to 10% for balance fully enchanted but can still go from exceptional all the way to mythic, base armor is 3 like any robe but will probably raise to 4.

By default armor has

Mighty Defender

Risen champion  - Second wind

--------

Enchantment route is

Skillfull Attire

Iron Clad - Iron skin

Evading vestments

fLPKX5W.png

10% of incoming hits converted to grazes, 10% of incoming Grazes converted to misses.

Edited by coralzombie

I have general idea for your mod.

Is it possible to add a transmogrifi button ?

So that it would be possible to walk in wich armor you want with any stats ?

I mean it's already in the game with those pet, the kitty cleaver ?

I bet it's a lot of work but I believe everyone would love it

1 hour ago, Dyxx said:

Is it possible to add a transmogrifi button ?

So that it would be possible to walk in wich armor you want with any stats ?

That's a sick idea (in the good sense).  You could theoretically create an interactive armor (like Modwyr) and using its conversation as a menu to switch stats using RemoveItemsFromObject and GiveItemAndEquip scripts, replacing the item with another of the same appearance but different stats. But then you'd have to manually create a variant for each item combination and there would be a couple limitations, such as Enchantments resetting between switches.

You could add an armor that "switches" between simple stuff like Light/Medium/Heavy this way without any issues, but a full-fledged "Armor Cleaver" is basically impossible.

Edited by Noqn

Would it be possible to add a second Armor and Headgear slot ? 

For those "extra slots" the Item Values/Bonuses get disabled but the visual stuff is enabled.

If in any of those two "extra slots" is a piece of Armor/Headgear the equivalent part gets visually disabled.

I think I have red about it here with enabling headgear for god likes and disabling its visually.

I don't know how much work it is

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dyxx said:

Would it be possible to add a second Armor and Headgear slot ? 

For those "extra slots" the Item Values/Bonuses get disabled but the visual stuff is enabled.

If in any of those two "extra slots" is a piece of Armor/Headgear the equivalent part gets visually disabled.

I think I have red about it here with enabling headgear for god likes and disabling its visually.

I don't know how much work it is

Anything that adds extra slots will put it off to the side of the GUI, (look up 6 man party mod)  while it may be possible its outside of the scope of what I am doing.   What I really need is a coder more skilled than I am to create a unique NPC to sell the items so I don't have to put them all at the Wild Mare.