What am I missing here - I have attempted many of these - I seem to recall that (at some point) when successful the stolen spells would appear above my normal spells in each category - this is not happening - I DO see a wierd spell option icon at the far right end of my spell options but it appears to be only a single spell - I'm guessing this is a new way to do these - can anyone expand on exactly how this works? 

TIA

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

If you hit an enemy caster (has to be an actual wizard, priest or druid afaik - xaurip priests work, so it's not kith only) you steal one (maybe more) spells from them which you can cast unlimited times during the time Imprint is active. Which is obviously pretty good. For example you can steal Plague of Insects from an enemy Druid and cast it over and over again as long as the Imprint lasts. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

If you hit an enemy caster (has to be an actual wizard, priest or druid afaik - xaurip priests work, so it's not kith only) you steal one (maybe more) spells from them which you can cast unlimited times during the time Imprint is active. Which is obviously pretty good. For example you can steal Plague of Insects from an enemy Druid and cast it over and over again as long as the Imprint lasts. 

Thanks! I pretty much understand that but where/how exactly do I find and access these spells to cast once they have been stolen? are these the ones at the far right of the spell choices? do you only get a single access point even if you steal more than one? and if so how do you choose between one or another (I have thus far only seen a single spell there and when attempting to cast it - it was difficult to see if it cast or not? )

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

2 hours ago, wanderon said:

Thanks! I pretty much understand that but where/how exactly do I find and access these spells to cast once they have been stolen? are these the ones at the far right of the spell choices? do you only get a single access point even if you steal more than one? and if so how do you choose between one or another (I have thus far only seen a single spell there and when attempting to cast it - it was difficult to see if it cast or not? )

yes, the one to the far right (all the "per encounter" abilities) with infinite use is the spell you steal.

you can't steal more than one. don't quote me on this, but i believe grimoire imprint works like cipher "transfer" effects (where you debuff an enemy and gain a linked, simultaneous buff). so if you imprint one caster, and then try to imprint another caster, nothing will happen, you'll just stick with the first one until the original enemy dies or the effect somehow ends.

it's not like poe1 where i think you could steal more than one spell (in poe1 i think you could get up to three).

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1