XCOM: Chimera Squad

ktchong

4 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

This is clearly more of a fun vignette than a full campaign. Heck, it's only $10. I am sure Xcom 3 will let us get back to the soldier grindhouse that we are all used to. 

I'm kinda hoping XCOM 3 will be more like... Stargate.

Humanity realizes that unless we bring the fight to the Elders, they will return.  So, humans research the alien portals that were  left behind after the war, and are able to activate it... to teleport to other planets across the galaxy...  to the various home planets of the other alien species: mutons, vipers, floaters, etc.  

So humanity decide to help and join the resistances of those other aliens, help liberate one alien planet at a time, until we finally find and reach the home planet of the Elders.

Edited by ktchong

22 hours ago, Skazz said:

XCOM Star Trek.

Make it so.

I'd love if Obs tried their hand at making Away Team 2, because the original wasn't great. Sadly it seems the license is consistently granted for the worst pitches (Trexels?) with good games being few and far between.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I must say, so profiles are so light on content I wonder why they even bothered. They state the most obvious things, while filling very little of the backstory. It's as if they thought "oh, we should do the overwatch thing" but forgot to develop the characters. 

Edited by Wormerine

Ok, this last one is the best of the agent trailers. The last picture speaks volumes more about this character than anything else they have or could have shown us. Gotta love how Psion checks out the blond lady. Probably trying to get a glimpse down her cleavage as she is working.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

What I wouldn't give for a love child between X-COM 3 and Jagged Alliance 2 😢

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

21 hours ago, Wormerine said:

I must say, so profiles are so light on content I wonder why they even bothered. They state the most obvious things, while filling very little of the backstory. It's as if they thought "oh, we should do the overwatch thing" but forgot to develop the characters. 

I think finding out more about their backstories and contents is part of the game.

Edited by ktchong

XCOM Chimera Squad has 11 playable characters, (and likely a few unrevealed hidden ones.)  Seems like XCOM Chimera Squad reuses and updates a lot of classes and skills for humans from XCOM 2.

Edited by ktchong

On 4/21/2020 at 12:58 AM, Gorth said:

What I wouldn't give for a love child between X-COM 3 and Jagged Alliance 2 😢

Or X-COM Alliance, shame that got canned.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I liked the old Jagged Alliance and Jagged Alliance 2 way more than the original X-COM 1 and 2, (which I hated.)

However, I like the new rebooted XCOM series by Faraxis way more than the new Jagged Alliance... those Russian-made Jagged Alliance games are craps.   The new XCOM series is actually my current number-one favorite video game franchise.

Edited by ktchong

Honestly, when I saw the reviews on it, my brain declared that his needs to be the basis for a 40k game.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.