XCOM: Chimera Squad

ktchong

Yup.

Seems like an enjoyable little side game until 3 comes along.

A shame the steam forum is swamped with the alt-right trying to turn it into a new battleground.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

wut?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

13 minutes ago, melkathi said:

A shame the steam forum is swamped with the alt-right trying to turn it into a new battleground.

Was curious so took a look.

image.thumb.png.f01873b63b75e60922b33089a98aa874.png

https://steamcommunity.com/app/882100/discussions/0/2268068181703275974/

🤣

Edited by Malcador
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

and you believe those are hitler loving nazis? I would count o them being trolls

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

16 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

and you believe those are hitler loving nazis? I would count o them being trolls

Too many too early on for just random trolls.

Also too many different accounts with too similar writing style. It's one of those situations where the teacher knows only one person has actually written the essay and everyone else copied.

And they need the obvious crazies. The obvious crazy gets moderated, but that leaves the "tame" ones unmoderated and makes them acceptable (or ignorable for example by you). But it edges the discussion towards where they want it. Extra win, in their own community, each banned poster proves them right: the SJW mainstream is silencing dissenters!

And if Cambridge Analytica has taught us anything, it is that Orson Scott Card was right and public opinion on the internet would be shaped through fake arguments.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Looking forward to it. It looks like a neat spinoff. I am curious if intertwined turns will be for better or for worse, but overal it should be an interesting experience. My main issue with XCOM1&2 is that pod activation swings the advantage so heavily toward the player, if they initiated the combat on their turn, pretty much tramping all other strategies. Breach seems to include "the ambush phase" by design with combat encounter as a continuation, rather then one or the other. 

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

Too many too early on for just random trolls.

Also too many different accounts with too similar writing style. It's one of those situations where the teacher knows only one person has actually written the essay and everyone else copied.

And they need the obvious crazies. The obvious crazy gets moderated, but that leaves the "tame" ones unmoderated and makes them acceptable (or ignorable for example by you). But it edges the discussion towards where they want it. Extra win, in their own community, each banned poster proves them right: the SJW mainstream is silencing dissenters!

And if Cambridge Analytica has taught us anything, it is that Orson Scott Card was right and public opinion on the internet would be shaped through fake arguments.

guy if you believe that Nazis spend time commenting on gaming forums you obviously never met one xD

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

guy if you believe that Nazis spend time commenting on gaming forums you obviously never met one xD

Ever been to the Codex ? 😛

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The premise of game looks interesting. If fixed characters mean interactions and some rpg dialogues that is some trade off. Chatting with your crew in absolutly non romantic way makes crpg more interesting.

The idea of nazis bashing game for promoting cooperation with snakeladies and berzerker grunts is hilarious, but it is some progress from "video games cause violence".

Edited by evilcat

I hate the notion that your squad is effectively immortal because they are not allowed to die. That's like having stealth missions that fail if you get discovered. Add babysitting missions that are not allowed to have the target die and you have just mentioned all my least favorite things as regards mission design.

On the other hand i started out hating the mission timer and now i quite like it. Exectution is everything.  

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.