Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ok it seems there are several options in how when this gets done and what the results are... My main question is if you just wander in and do the quest as far as it seems to play out (without being sent there by someone in Nekataka) are you "done"? ( I can just take my old toy and move on?)

The quest seems to have just stopped (killed the resident on the roof - found the writings that allowed us to make the observatory work - but only once - which changed the looks of something downstairs - but that's as far as things progress -further fiddling does nothing and the objects I found to work things have disappeared from inventory.

TIA

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order


 

Not all those that wander are lost...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AeonsLegend said:

The main goal here is to move the observatory planets in alignment and obtain Bekarna's research. If you got that, then you're done.

Would I still have the research? I do not find it in my inventory now that I have left the area...

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order


 

Not all those that wander are lost...

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, wanderon said:

Would I still have the research? I do not find it in my inventory now that I have left the area...

It's called: "Bekarna's research" and it's a quest item so it should be in the inventory area with the crown. Do you have the weapon "A Whale of a Wand"? You pick that up at the same time. If you don't have that one you may have missed picking up the research. Go back to the area and solve the puzzle to obtain the research. It's in one of the planets in the rooftop observatory. After solving the puzzle the planets align and one of them opens, revealing a stash which includes the research. Once you go back to Arkemyr, you will hand over the research, removing it from your inventory.

Edited by AeonsLegend
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AeonsLegend said:

It's called: "Bekarna's research" and it's a quest item so it should be in the inventory area with the crown. Do you have the weapon "A Whale of a Wand"? You pick that up at the same time. If you don't have that one you may have missed picking up the research. Go back to the area and solve the puzzle to obtain the research. It's in one of the planets in the rooftop observatory. After solving the puzzle the planets align and one of them opens, revealing a stash which includes the research. Once you go back to Arkemyr, you will hand over the research, removing it from your inventory.

OK will check that out - it's not in my inventory and I did not start the quest with Arkemyr (have never even seen him in the game that I recall)  just sailed by and went in while we were out bounty  hunting - after we "finished" what we did I looked up the quest and then went to Nekataka and got it started talking to those two outside the house arguing about who should get them -we entered the Baths and started in that way but soon were seen and I let them escort us out until I could do some more research before fouling things up any more - what I want to accomplish most is to recruit Fassina so I can take her into the Sanctum DLC 😄

 

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order


 

Not all those that wander are lost...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wanderon said:

OK will check that out - it's not in my inventory and I did not start the quest with Arkemyr (have never even seen him in the game that I recall)  just sailed by and went in while we were out bounty  hunting - after we "finished" what we did I looked up the quest and then went to Nekataka and got it started talking to those two outside the house arguing about who should get them -we entered the Baths and started in that way but soon were seen and I let them escort us out until I could do some more research before fouling things up any more - what I want to accomplish most is to recruit Fassina so I can take her into the Sanctum DLC 😄

 

Ok, you may have to activate the quest first. It's possible the item doesn't spawn without it, but I've never tried it.

To meet Arkemyr you have to complete the quest "The Archmage's Vault" in Neketaka. It's activated by passing by his manor in Periki's Overlook and talking to the two arguing ladies there.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 3:18 PM, AeonsLegend said:

Ok, you may have to activate the quest first. It's possible the item doesn't spawn without it, but I've never tried it.

To meet Arkemyr you have to complete the quest "The Archmage's Vault" in Neketaka. It's activated by passing by his manor in Periki's Overlook and talking to the two arguing ladies there.

Yes that worked! Turns out the item was there all the time I just didn't see the container was available - but now the Arkemyr quest is done and Fassina is on board - completing two new achievements - Constellation Prize & Recruiter!  😎

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order


 

Not all those that wander are lost...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...