Hi all,

I'm fairly new to this game, but a long time player of BG, IWD, NWN etc. I've played something like 20 hours of PoE now and I've liked it so far - playing on normal difficulty. The beginning was maybe a bit challenging, nothing too bad, I was advancing fairly effortlessly until act 3. Maybe I advanced the plot too quickly, there were really no problems until I reached Twin Elms, but now I find that I'm getting absolutely destroyed by the old queen and the new king. Ho-lee **** do they just steamroll my party in two seconds. I think I may have been like level 7 (lol), decided okay maybe I missed some side quests, went back to do everything I think I missed and now I'm about 100 xp shy from level 9. However, straight to the point, what are the recommended level for the acts? Just rough estimates. About what level should I be at the beginning of act 3? I seriously doubt that my party could take them on at this point, I already feel bad for them. Does the whole city of Twin Elms have this brutal quests or are the plot ones the most difficult ones?

Or any hints? I think I've done most if not everything in Dyrwood, Gilded Vale, Defiance Bay, Od Nua until the final fight at lvl 7. I just find it a little odd that I had no problems whatsoever until act 3 and then all of a sudden even all the random monsters hit ridiculously hard. My party consists of a cipher, Eder, Aloth, Pallegina, Kana, Durance.

Cheers

level 7 seems low. i am usually level 5 around beginning of Act 2. and part way through Act 2 i would be level 7 and prob 9-10 by end of act 2. there are lots of quest to do in defiance bay and surrounding areas like dyford village. at least there were in act 2 not sure now. i know some quest go away after the trial but there should still be some. also do you have white march you can go play that and level up. not sure how you go to the end of the 15 level dungeon at level 7 that levels you up to and i would say those 15 levels are harder than that quest you mentioned. well not all 15 levels but a lot of them. you definitely missing quests. 

here is list of quest from wiki you can see if you missed stuff early on. it tells you the area stuff is in https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_quests

usually the complaint in this game is people are overleveled. if you attempt to do all the side quest stuff you are usually overleveled for stuff for lots of the game especially the end

Edited by draego

Lvl 7?

You must have missed about 30% of the game at least. More like 50%.

As draego already said: The Endless Paths of Od Nua for example have 15 levels, not 7.

And there's a huge end boss there who should have been way more challenging than a bear and a lion.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hi,

I checked the gamepedia article; it seems I've missed at least 5 quests, not counting those faction quests, which it seems I can't finish them anymore. Oh well, that might explain something! That bear will surely get it next time...

I was maybe a bit unclear, but in Od Nua I'm at the 7th level with all the elementals and stuff. There's one fairly tough fight at the end before advancing to the 8th level.

Ah - it sounded as if you thought the final fight of the Endless Path happened at lvl 7 - not the final fight of level 7. :)

By the way: as you are not too high of level currently - what about the DLCs? I mean the White March I and II? Lvl 7/8 is about right to start those.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

XP is really important as you expect. My advice? Finish quests and gain XP as more as you can.

There are tough bosses like  Sky Dragon, Counclehut, Adra Dragon and of course final boss. Recommended levels are in order of: 10, 13, 13, 11. 

Since WM increases your level cap, you can only  become 16.

Edited by Hallacson

On 4/16/2020 at 2:00 PM, Hallacson said:

XP is really important as you expect. My advice? Finish quests and gain XP as more as you can.

There are tough bosses like  Sky Dragon, Counclehut, Adra Dragon and of course final boss. Recommended levels are in order of: 10, 13, 13, 11. 

Since WM increases your level cap, you can only  become 16.

That depends. I've managed to lock Twin Elms, WM1 and WM2 at below the scaling option. That happens on repeat playthroughs when you hop around from area to area shopping fro good gear. The net result is only cragholdt and mowghrek Len provide a challenge.

• Thanks 1