What you've done today, tomorrow and yesterday

Amentep

4 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Dog was best/cutest thing about FO4. Especially the goggles.

Lazy week or two.  More specifically, grumpy down in the dumps.  Just moody cyclic stuff. Lot of mobile games, naps and forcing myself to eat something. Last time I got on the scale it said 122lbs or so (6lbs loss?). Which wouldn't bother me if I was losing it for better reasons. Edit: Below 118 would be getting kind of underweight for me.

Anyone have ez higher calorie (that isn't ice cream, ha) food to buy/make for when one has no appetite let alone motivation for cooking? Fruit and bagels has not enough calories apparently.  😛  EditEdit: rice in not ginormous servings apparently doesn't have enough calories either

My mother has real bad arthritis, and has lost tonnes of weight as a result, she got protein shakes to keep her weight up.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

When I couldn't eat solid foods I was doing Ensure shakes. Butter pecan was my favorite and I think it was one of the extra protein types.

I guess instant noodles could also be another way but then you'd have other concerns like sodium.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

My mother has real bad arthritis, and has lost tonnes of weight as a result, she got protein shakes to keep her weight up.

Menopause or other hormones-going-wild potentials could all be playing a factor for me I suppose - although I think most women report weight gain re: pre/menopause, not weight loss. Still, I could be some exception. I dunno.  And ofc it's harder/more work (that I don't do) to maintain muscle weight as I age.

I've tried pre-bottled Ensure and they're ok but if you use them a lot, price wise they feel like such a rip off (or any similar product). Powder mixes are just ick. Better when you use milk vs. water but still ick.  😄  Can't (frequently) use fruit juices for blended stuff. Too much acid.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

3 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Fish oil, tumeric and glutamine chondroitin are great for joint health and keeping inflammation down. Exercise will also help.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

7 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Menopause or other hormones-going-wild potentials could all be playing a factor for me I suppose - although I think most women report weight gain re: pre/menopause, not weight loss. Still, I could be some exception. I dunno.  And ofc it's harder/more work (that I don't do) to maintain muscle weight as I age.

I've tried pre-bottled Ensure and they're ok but if you use them a lot, price wise they feel like such a rip off (or any similar product). Powder mixes are just ick. Better when you use milk vs. water but still ick.  😄  Can't (frequently) use fruit juices for blended stuff. Too much acid.

I can sympathize, I've got alot of similar problems myself since my meds block almost all of my testosterone and I've got really no energy at all.

I've got one of those powders that I take with milk, and it's really good, which I really didn't expect. My coworker prodded me to try it, and since it wasn't ludicrously expensive I went for it.

6 hours ago, Orogun01 said:

Fish oil, tumeric and glutamine chondroitin are great for joint health and keeping inflammation down. Exercise will also help.

She used to get exercise, Swimming mainly, not really possible with COVID going on though since the arthritis is bad enough that she gets chemotherapy drugs to combat it. It sad how fast it went, she went from fully active and healthy to not being able to lift a coffee cup in a week.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

As I was sorting a few things out, I suddenly realised that large chunks of my desktop PC are actually 7 years old. So I randomly wandered onto my local Novatech store and started poking at stuff. Then I lost myself in their "Build your own PC" customisable thing.

Damn it, now I'm all squinty-eyed wrestling with temptation and going "hmmm. they do offer 6 month interest free payment plans....I could be a little silly."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

^  Chemo treatment makes me think of Rheumatoid arthritis? Hubby's cousin got that in in her 30's and she went "downhill" fast,  too. She had  to get replacement knees five or six years later just to keep mobile.  :/

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

^  When you see ID4-2 and keep waiting for him to make another big speech but then ...

They cancelled our local parade and city fireworks display this year, ofc.  We could personally partially see them simply standing in our backyard but most people can't.  😄

I think what's most bugging me about the issues with AC:Syndicate is that I got about 20-30 hours of gameplay without a single issue. Smooth play. Then this. suddenly no matter what I check, how I play around with the settings, it keeps suddenly ramping up to 100% cpu usage and having stutters that last 4-5 seconds ... and that can happen a dozen times in a single minute.

Which fairly makes it unplayable.

So half my afternoon has been spent chasing down what might potentially cause that, and doing all the extra health checks on my pc juuuust in case its some wildly weird random issue.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I spent most of the day doing yard work. Then I worked on sanding the rust off the inside of that wood stove. Jeez did I bite off more than I can chew on that. 

I just took a long shower and it's time for FO4. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

8 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

^  Chemo treatment makes me think of Rheumatoid arthritis? Hubby's cousin got that in in her 30's and she went "downhill" fast,  too. She had  to get replacement knees five or six years later just to keep mobile.  😕

Yeah, granted she never really had any problems until she was 57 or 58 I think?  I don't know how it'll end up for mom, I doubt she'd take to those surgeries.

Happy 4th of July to my countrymen. We had a nice group workout this morning, and now we are taking it easy. I'll BBQ for dinner.

I am enjoying the folks poking fun at the All Live Matter crowd by posting All Countries Matter. People really need to laugh at themselves a bit more. :p

• Like 5

I played FO4 long into the night. Once the coffee makes... going back. So, I'm playing in Survival mode and that not being able to save except when resting is really changing how I play. I downloaded a mod that makes weapons considerably more damaging. You might survive one bullet but not two.

I'm walking down that road that runs south out of Concord and it occurred to me it's been a pretty long time since I'd saved. Maybe 45 minutes of gameplay or more. Suddenly I'm no longer walking I'm sneaking down the road. And checking the terrain all around me with a scope looking for enemies or places likely to have beds or those blue shelters (I have a mod that lets you save inside them in Survival Mode).  I pass this huge bunch of buildings to the left and hear a massive firefight going on in them. Ordinarily I'd have waded right into the middle of that! Not this time skipper. Discretion is the better part of valor when you haven't saved in a while. Come back to that later!

• Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

This morning I realized I was way behind on my family photo books. Typically I put together a book from our summer trips, and I have them starting from 2009. I guess I never finished 2018, so I polished that one up and ordered it from Shutterfly. Now I need to work on 2019. 

2020 is going to be a weird one. We sold our RV, which we've had since that first trip in 2009 when my daughter was just a toddler. So it was already going to be a bit of a change with that, but now the summer trips, triathlons, dance competitions, parades, and hockey camps are all cancelled because of a pandemic. I suppose it will just be pictures of us laying around the house for a summer.